"WORLD ******* DOMINATION" ruined everything

I will watch most ppv's but for some of my friends who are more ' casual ' friendly, they don't have any interest anymore as they don't know any of the big name fighters. Only time when they show some enthusiasm is when a card is held in our home country.

I personally preferred less cards with bigger names on an event, I also don't care for having the cards full of anything below 145lb and womens fights.

I agree that card strength is getting worse, but let me play devils advocate here for a minute.

I was thinking about this earlier today and there is really no way to increase the number of cards and have it work out immediately. It's just like any league expansion. Some of the cards/expansion teams are gonna suck for a bit! But, it gets people exposure, and playing time/UFC fights, which are needed to make fans get to know fighters and increase their notoriety so that people are excited to see them fight... So if you think about it, it really may be that we're simply in a period of growing pains while new fighters of notoriety are being established to fill out the cards of the next few years.

Whether its going to work or not, that could be the strategy.

UFC is better than it's ever been imo. Better fighters and more fights. I think a lot of you are just getting burnt out or don't like how the sport is changing and the fighters you liked are retiring.

There are multiple great fights every month now. Back in the "golden age" as it is sometimes called, you had to wait months for a card that isn't any more special than a regular card now.

Just reading these replies really pushes that sentiment. "I don't know all these guys", claiming a guy like Rory is boring when his last two fights were great, "unkowns", etc. Some don't like the more technical style of a lot of the champions or top fighters and probably liked things more when it was a clash of styles with big advantages and disadvantages for each guy rather than two well rounded guys who're ready everywhere and might not produce a finish or any wild moments.

Last edited:
you dont have a problem with UFC or the number of fights TS, you have a problem with the fighters, they dont have enough personality or fanfare for you

as for me i miss the sundays i dont get to watch fights,(sunday cause im in another time zone) , i prefer my weekly dosage and the way i watch fights i dont need to watch the entire event, i can choose my fights, if you understand what i mean

Back