World Boxing Super Series To Reveal Participants, Draw in July

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Comosa AG, the organiser of boxing´s first global knock-out tournament, is delighted to announce that the inaugural season of the World Boxing Super Series will feature the fiercely-competitive cruiserweight and super middleweight divisions.

In each weight class, eight fighters will battle it out in a bracket-style elimination tournament. The last man standing will receive the GREATEST prize in boxing, the Muhammad Ali Trophy.

“We are thrilled to kick off the World Boxing Super Series in style with two of the sport’s most exciting divisions,” said Roberto Dalmiglio, Comosa’s Head of Management Board. “The tournament will create never-seen before drama for fans around the globe.”

Richard Schaefer, Comosa’s Chairman of the Americas, believes the World Boxing Super Series will lift boxing to a new level. He said: “The cruiserweights and super-middleweight have time and time again thrown up thrilling contests - but nobody has ever pitted the top fighters against each other in a fan-friendly, easy-to-understand way within a short period of time. Our revolutionary KO tournament will take less than a year and deliver the crème de la crème in these weights with a blend of past, present and future from the world’s finest fighters.” - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/world-bo...ipants-draw-july--116431#sthash.SPnqXLuX.dpuf

IT'll be a letdown. Kessler is the only name I've heard and I don't think he's fought in several years.

Cruiserweight will likely be the better of the 2 but will lack household names.

I agree with Mr. Seano but man...still getting super excited though!

I've only heard in passing about this series. I'm not sure how they will get any buy-in from some promoters. I bet Al Haymon, if he has anybody worth mentioning at those weights, will put his fighters in that because it seems that him and Schaffer have been allies since before poaching Golden Boy's roster.

Hopefully it's well-organized and they can pull in some top names, otherwise it just becomes another sheltered PBC type thing but under a different guise.

I've only heard in passing about this series. I'm not sure how they will get any buy-in from some promoters. I bet Al Haymon, if he has anybody worth mentioning at those weights, will put his fighters in that because it seems that him and Schaffer have been allies since before poaching Golden Boy's roster.

Hopefully it's well-organized and they can pull in some top names, otherwise it just becomes another sheltered PBC type thing but under a different guise.
I think you'll see a couple of top names for each bracket but it'll be blatantly obvious which fighters are being built up and which are there to lose.

The "Diablo” Wlodarczyk vs Noel Gevor fight on May 20th aswell as beeing a IBF eliminator, the winner also gets to participate in the cruiserweight brackets.

I didn't see any names mentioned for who's fighting. Is Usyk in for the CW's?

It's a good idea and it's good to see in boxing. Schaeffer has shown himself to be competent in the past, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this won't be a disappointment.

Back