World Boxing Super Series Full line up confirmed with matchups

Braehmer for the Super Middleweights.
Usyk for the CWs but I'm thinking i might go with Huck
Huck got beaten pretty easily by briedis not that long ago.

Anyway cw tournament is fire, can't wait to see it. It's good that they chose a weight class where there are great fighters but no real superstars so that they can have most of the best fighters of the div.

Usyk for the CW but there are so many good fighters in this tournament it's pretty open. Perez could be a dark horse

IF Eubank enters then him or smith for the SMWs

Last edited:
Seeding:

1. Usyk
2. Gassiev
3. Briedis
4.Dorticos

1. Groves
2. Callum Smith
3. Winner of Eubank Jr./ Abraham
4. Braehmer

This guys pick their opponents

I know boxing tournaments dont usually pan out but gotta say it again...super excited! Forget who wins lets just have an awesome boxing tournament!

The World Boxing Super Series is pleased to announce the seeding for the inaugural season of the Muhammad Ali Trophy, The Greatest Prize in Boxing. During tomorrow´s Draft Gala, the top four seeds will select their opponents from the four unseeded boxers. The live TV show (23:00 local, 5 PM ET) will be broadcasted in multiple territories and also be streamed live on www.WorldBoxingSuperSeries.com.

seed-world-boxing-super-series-super-middleweight.jpg

For more info on the seeds, the full fighter fields and the seeding process, please visit our social channels (@WBSuperSeries) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. You can also view the videos on our website: worldboxingsuperseries.com

seed-world-boxing-super-series-cruiserweight.jpg

In the World Boxing Super Series, 16 elite fighters – eight super-middleweights and eight cruiserweights – will battle it out in a bracket-style elimination tournament. In both divisions, there will be four quarter-finals (September / October 2017), two semi-finals (early 2018) and one final (May 2018), making for a total of 14 high-class fights.

WORLD BOXING SUPER SERIES AT A GLANCE

Participants confirmed: 16 of 16

Number of belts: 7

Number of world champions: 5

Number of former world champions: 3

Number of undefeated fighters: 9

Combined Record of participants: 398 wins, 16 losses, 275 KOs (not counting Eubank/Abraham)

Confirmed Cruiserweights (8 of 8)

Oleksandr Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs), WBO World Champion

Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 20 KOs), WBA World Champion

Murat Gassiev (24-0, 17 KOs), IBF World Champion

Mairis Briedis (22-0, 18 KOs), WBC World Champion

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (53-3-1, 37 KOs), former IBF / WBC World Champion & IBF top-ranked challenger

Marco Huck (40-4-1, 27 KOs), former WBO World Champion

Dmitry Kudryashov (21-1, 21 KOs)

Mike Perez (22-2-1, 14 KOs)

Confirmed Super-Middleweights (8 of 8)

George Groves (26-3, 19 KOs), WBA Super Champion

Juergen Braehmer (48-3, 35 KOs), former WBA & WBO Champion

Erik Skoglund (26-0, 12 KOs)

Jamie Cox (23-0, 13 KOs)

Callum Smith (22-0, 17 KOs)

Rob Brant (22-0, 15 KOs)

Avni Yildirim (16-0, 10 KOs)

Winner of Eubank (24-1, 19 KOs) vs. Abraham (46-5, 30 KOs)

ABOUT THE WORLD BOXING SUPER SERIES - Organised by Comosa AG, the World Boxing Super Series will kick off in September 2017, featuring the Cruiserweight and Super Middleweight divisions. In each weight class, eight elite boxers will battle it out in a bracket-style elimination tournament, with four quarter-finals (fall 2017), two semi-finals (early 2018) and one final (May 2018). This makes for seven top fights per weight class, and a total of 14 fights in Season One to be staged in premier venues around the globe. The winners of the World Boxing Super Series will rightfully receive The Greatest Prize in Boxing, the Muhammad Ali Trophy.

I think he's top draw but his old man is holding him back.

I was at his gym a couple of weeks ago as he was sparring a friend of a friend who is a CW. He took some punishment in the first couple of rounds but came very back strong. He's bit too open for my liking but he is as tough as. Not only can he win it but he will make a lot of money with local fights against groves and smith. This is what he is missing out on
Was it one of the guys he spars frequently?

Was it one of the guys he spars frequently?
Have you ever sparred an old boxer who was pro? I have and I thought I was billy big balls and I learned to respect what these people know and watch the craft with a better insight.

Have you ever sparred an old boxer who was pro? I have and I thought I was billy big balls and I learned to respect what these people know and watch the craft with a better insight.
I was just asking because jr posts sparring on Snapchat frequently, Im curious who it is

I was just asking because jr posts sparring on Snapchat frequently, Im curious who it is
I don't want to bteak confidence with a friend, @RR will tell you that. If they don't mind me sayin I will but I'm not going to name drop on a forum and lose a friend.

Look at all those beautiful seeds

England’s George Groves (26-3, 19 KOs), the WBA super middleweight champion and No. 1 seed, chose to face fellow Englishman Jamie Cox (23-0, 13 KOs) in the quarterfinals.

seed-world-boxing-super-series-super-middleweight.jpg

“Me and Jamie are old buddies,” Groves said. “We’ve known each other a long time now. I quite fancied a bit of a domestic dustup, wanted to pick my countryman. I knew he wanted to fight me. I provided him a great opportunity. He’s fighting for a world title. Also it’s a strategic move. It’s a long tournament and you pick the easy guys first.”

Cox didn’t seem to take offense to Groves’ comments.

“I was looking forward to getting a UK dustup,” Cox said. “Obviously George picked me. It makes for a great fight. Time to bury a seed.”

After Groves chose Cox, England’s Callum Smith (22-0, 17 KOs) picked Sweden’s Erik Skoglund (26-0, 12 KOs).

“There’s four very good fighters to pick from,” Smith said. “I just think stylistically Erik’s the best fight for me.”

Skoglund added, “To kick off the quarterfinals fighting an undefeated, top guy for the WBC Diamond belt, it’s massive, and I couldn’t be happier with the choice.”

Once the Smith-Skoglund matchup was determined, Chris Eubank Sr., who picked on behalf of his son and Arthur Abraham, opted for Turkey’s Avni Yildirim (16-0, 10 KOs). The winner of a July 15 bout between IBO super middleweight champion Chris Eubank Jr. (24-1, 19 KOs) and Abraham, a former middleweight and super middleweight champion, will box Yildirim.

“Look at him – He’s massive and he’s a come-forward fighter,” Eubank Sr. said. “I don’t think he knows how to go back. He brings war, as does Arthur Abraham, which will make for a spectacular fight. And once my son gets past Arthur Abraham, then [Yildirim] will bring him the same fight. But you may learn during the fight he has with Arthur Abraham, he will learn that it is not possibly the right method to use force. You have to use your brains to beat Chris Eubank Jr. He is an upgraded version of me.”

Yildirim said he was “very happy” with Eubank Sr.’s decision.

“It is my time, Chris,” Yildrim said. “Good luck for your son.”

After the first three fights were made, the two remaining super middleweights – Germany’s Juergen Braehmer (48-3, 35 KOs) and American Rob Brant (22-0, 15 KOs) – were left to fight each other.

The eight-man super middleweight tournament, like the eight-man cruiserweight tournament, will begin with four quarterfinal fights that’ll take place in September and October. The super middleweight semifinals will take place in January and February.

The final will be scheduled for sometime in May. The winner will receive the Muhammad Ali Trophy and substantial prize money.

The first four fights in the stacked World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament were determined at its draft gala Saturday night in Monaco.

Three of the four top-seeded cruiserweights chose their quarterfinal opponents from a field of three unseeded cruiserweights. The matchups for the cruiserweight tournament were made after the four World Boxing Super Series super middleweight matches were made.

One of the cruiserweight fights was predetermined because Russia’s Murat Gassiev (24-0, 17 KOs, 1 NC), the IBF cruiserweight champion and No. 2 seed in the tournament, must make a mandatory defense against Poland’s Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (53-3-1, 37 KOs), a former WBC and IBF cruiserweight champion.

aleksandr-usyk%20(1).jpg

After Gassiev and Wlodarczyk discussed their fight on stage, top-seeded Oleksandr Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs), the WBO cruiserweight champion from Ukraine, picked Germany’s Marco Huck (40-4-1, 27 KOs), a former WBO and IBO cruiserweight champion.

“Because of my fans,” Usyk explained for choosing Huck.

Huck was equally excited to face the powerful southpaw and said, “This was my wish opponent.”

Following Usyk’s pick, third-seeded Mairis Briedis (22-0, 18 KOs), the WBC and IBO cruiserweight champion, selected Cuban-born, Ireland-based Mike Perez (22-2-1, 14 KOs).

“He’s a great fighter from Cuba,” said Latvia’s Briedis. “And he comes from heavyweight and I say, ‘Hi,’ from cruiserweights.”

Perez will fight for just the second time as a cruiserweight when he battles Briedis.

“This is a great challenge,” Perez said. “He’s a champion, so I’m looking forward [to it]. I’ll win my first belt, so I’m looking forward to the fight.”

Once the first three cruiserweight contests were put together, it left Cuba’s Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 20 KOs), the interim WBA cruiserweight champion, against Russia’s Dmitry Kudryashov (21-1, 21 KOs) as the fourth quarterfinal fight in the tournament.

The eight-man cruiserweight tournament, like the eight-man super middleweight tournament, will begin with four quarterfinal fights that’ll take place in September and October. The super middleweight semifinals will take place in January and February, and the final will be scheduled for some time in May.

The winner will receive the Muhammad Ali Trophy and substantial prize money.

The first round matchups for CW will be predictable imo. The toss up fight is Kudryashov vs. Dorticos. 2nd round is when things get really interesting.

I have Usyk vs. Briedis in the finals, with Usyk winning.

At SMW, it's a toss up. But I got Groves vs. Callum Smith in the final, with Callum Smith winning.

The first four fights in the stacked World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament were determined at its draft gala Saturday night in Monaco.

Three of the four top-seeded cruiserweights chose their quarterfinal opponents from a field of three unseeded cruiserweights. The matchups for the cruiserweight tournament were made after the four World Boxing Super Series super middleweight matches were made.

One of the cruiserweight fights was predetermined because Russia’s Murat Gassiev (24-0, 17 KOs, 1 NC), the IBF cruiserweight champion and No. 2 seed in the tournament, must make a mandatory defense against Poland’s Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (53-3-1, 37 KOs), a former WBC and IBF cruiserweight champion.

aleksandr-usyk%20(1).jpg

After Gassiev and Wlodarczyk discussed their fight on stage, top-seeded Oleksandr Usyk (12-0, 10 KOs), the WBO cruiserweight champion from Ukraine, picked Germany’s Marco Huck (40-4-1, 27 KOs), a former WBO and IBO cruiserweight champion.

“Because of my fans,” Usyk explained for choosing Huck.

Huck was equally excited to face the powerful southpaw and said, “This was my wish opponent.”

Following Usyk’s pick, third-seeded Mairis Briedis (22-0, 18 KOs), the WBC and IBO cruiserweight champion, selected Cuban-born, Ireland-based Mike Perez (22-2-1, 14 KOs).

“He’s a great fighter from Cuba,” said Latvia’s Briedis. “And he comes from heavyweight and I say, ‘Hi,’ from cruiserweights.”

Perez will fight for just the second time as a cruiserweight when he battles Briedis.

“This is a great challenge,” Perez said. “He’s a champion, so I’m looking forward [to it]. I’ll win my first belt, so I’m looking forward to the fight.”

Once the first three cruiserweight contests were put together, it left Cuba’s Yunier Dorticos (21-0, 20 KOs), the interim WBA cruiserweight champion, against Russia’s Dmitry Kudryashov (21-1, 21 KOs) as the fourth quarterfinal fight in the tournament.

The eight-man cruiserweight tournament, like the eight-man super middleweight tournament, will begin with four quarterfinal fights that’ll take place in September and October. The super middleweight semifinals will take place in January and February, and the final will be scheduled for some time in May.

The winner will receive the Muhammad Ali Trophy and substantial prize money.

Dorticos vs Kudryashov? That's some slugfest.

Back