Working out throughout the entire day

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone else try this?

I relocated my job into a remote area where I have quite a bit of down time. I took a barbell and some weights out there and I try to pick 3 exercises and knock out 20 sets through the course of 16 hours.

Yesterday I picked hang cleans/skull crushers/and dumbbell curls.

As I'm slightly limited cause I don't have a bench or a squat rack. Started off with 20 sets of hang cleans with about 75% of max picking between 1 and 3 reps then moved to skull crushers and banged out 20 sets and then finished with bicep curls for 20 sets....throughout a 16 hour day. So I had ample rest between each set.

Today I woke up and my traps are smoked and my triceps are definitely feeling it.

I'm going with Overhead press today for my sets today and throwing in a few upright rows and some front raises. I figured it'd be similar to greasing the groove. I eventually want to get a squat rack up here and really knock out some heavier weighted stuff like deads and squats but still working on it.

Anyone try this with reasonable success in strength or gains?

My worry is being able to stay warm and ready to do a working set throughout the entire day. Greasing the groove works for bodyweight exercises well since they aren't super taxing to your body and CNS. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

Didn't see the responses to this thread- so I'm checkin back in.

Haven't really seen a lot of progress in way of Hang cleans. Still banging em out though. But definitely seeing progress in bench press. I'm not big into maxes but I was doing sets of 215 on bench press the other day fairly easily for me which caught me by surprise- that's more than I've been able to do in the past. I haven't bene focusing on bench but I've been really doing a lot of skull crushers- usually 15 to 20 sets a day of skull crushers... maybe I had weak triceps?

Anyhow so far I'm liking it. Today I did some squats- only 5 sets cause I want to be able to walk tomorrow. And after that i superset chins with hang cleans. just finished 20 sets. Idk what I'm going to do tomorrow? kind of winging it I suppose.

Sounds like that old method/articles from the 80s where they’d say “gain 1/2” on your arms in a day!”

You’d basically do a bi/tri movement at the top of every (awake) hour so by the end of the day you’re at like 12-15 sets each

Back