Working out after drinking alcohol?

If you are greasing the groove, you probably can. I've drank beer and done some interval training at home. Only a couple though.

Not sure what's the point of working out if you're going to drink. You're erasing your progress. Alcohol is fattening and bogs down your liver.

Not after 3 drinks. Then it raises it temporarily.

I'm assuming you've tested this rigorously and compared results using various alcoholic beverages over time.

Science is arduous, thankless work.

e4a6e674444df8178dbe6680124573be.jpg

Never had a drink in 12 years, as my barfly/ weekend binge drinking overlapped with my MMA practice, better I got, the more I trained, alcohol stopped being a part of my life.

1. Donate pint of blood

2. Immediately shotgun two 12oz bottles of beer

3. Run as fast as you can.

I've played competitive basketball after beers a few times, no cardio but never saw a shot I didn't think i'd hit ha ha. Playing after a few joints is fun, I was really intense and overthinking the game, played at least as good as normal though.

I could not imagine running if I've drank or simply hungover. But I can have a warm up / have a lifting session the day after a heavy night out ok.

I couldn't imagine working out after drinking. I don't smoke anymore because of my job but I used to love working out after smoking weed. I always feel like I felt my muscles being isolated more when I lifted while high

I lift, train, run after smoking a bowl.
Drinks pre or during lifting is fine for me.
More combined calories, even though the ones from alcohol in themselves are "empty".

Pour yourself a bigger glass. Lifting that will be your workout.

I'll do my main lift on Fridays before drinking and then crack open a beer during my accessory work.

I did it once back in college. Was out at a nightclub that we go to almost every week. It was about midnight. Hit up my cousin that just got off work that I did valet with. Said he was going to go workout so I decided to just leave and hit up the gym with him. The only thing I noticed was that I gassed a lot faster, but my grip felt amazing. I can't remember what type of workout I did though. Some type of weight training.

My friends and I used to drink at a park on some nights.
We'd end up doing pullups and dips at some point usually

I've hit the weights a couple of times hungover, but if I have a drink it ends any thoughts of going to the gym that day.

Drinking is a traumatic event that your body needs to recover from. I would wait till fully recovered or risk cns fatigue. Only thing I'd do is easy stretching, mobility, smr, or very light cardio (hr under 40ish%)

Back