Working 60+ hours per week

What do you suggest he should be doing otherwise during the prime of his life ?

Better to work hard now than to struggle when your old

Being old and poor is legitimately one of the scariest thoughts there is. Imagine being old in a little one bed flat eating beans out of a tin wrapped in 2 blankets b3 cause the heating is too expensive. Extreme example but it happens

Better to be old and rich

You can do everything you want to do when you're old and rich. Prime is a myth, for sports yeah you must do most when young but nothing else

Not pulling 60 plus hours a week doesn't equate to being poor and old.

What are you going to want to do when you're old? Are you going to appreciate having a giant house with no one to share it with and a rolls Royce at the expense of making real memories with your friends and loved ones?

Maybe you will. But pretty sure all I'm going to want at that age is peace and quiet.

Also, if you do buy a rental, capitalize on market fluctuations. If the market goes up drastically, sell. I warn again, most people have no clue about the true returns on rentals. I see a lot of people get into them thinking it is good monthly income, but it's very passive and a long term investment. It's all market dependent, but I've seen more people fail (not necessarily lose money, but have small gains) on rentals than succeed. This is from a sample size of hundreds of investors as well.

What are you going to want to do when you're old? Are you going to appreciate having a giant house with no one to share it with and a rolls Royce at the expense of making real memories with your friends and loved ones?

Maybe you will. But pretty sure all I'm going to want at that age is peace and quiet.

This is true. Top 5 regrets of the dying: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/top-5-regrets-of-the-dying_n_3640593.html

#2: I wish I hadn't worked so hard

I've been working seven days a week for the last seven years. My average is 72 hours per week. This has taken a toll on my life in a lot of ways but it is the sacrifice I've had to make to achieve my long term goals.

Respect for being a mans man

I do have question tho. Whatare some of your long term goals

Being old and rich is a better option. You can have your friends at your various sports clubs, tennis or whatever you're into. Have hookers on tap. Go travel any time and make your memories

Plus at the end of my planned saving spree I will be 34. Hardly old is it. Although I will.also be hardly rich, only 75k cash. But that will be all I need to start buying up property which should make me rich within the next decade. I will still only be 44 which again isn't actually old

Nah, you are right. It is an issue. She has petitioned for a reevaluation a few times. It is income that shows up on his year to date earnings on the pay stub. We get profit shares each quarter.

The irony is that he switched professions to jump into this career because they wanted more money as a family. In the end, it sounds like it contributed to the divorce. He has two young kids also. It's a shitty situation.

On another note, I'd absolutely hate working 60+ even more at a slow paced job. Slow days at work feel like they drain me more than the busy ones for some reason.

I've seen it happen to a close friend , always thought it was horse shit that the fact that it was OVER time wasn't accounted for. Should be the wage you draw working the schedule of a normal human imo.

This is true. Top 5 regrets of the dying: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/top-5-regrets-of-the-dying_n_3640593.html

#2: I wish I hadn't worked so hard

Are any of the surveyed people rich ? Or are they just normal plebs with normal jobs that they hated going to

Plus the thread isn't about working 60 hours for the rest of.my life. Just working it long enough to position myself with enough cash to start buying more properties which in turn will drastically reduce working time .......

Stocks and real estate compliment each other nicely , too much of one and none of the other is bad juju imo.

The great thing about rentals is you can liquidate your dividends and repurpose them as you see fit and still have your initial investment chugging along at 3.5 -5.5 %. Also , a house will never be worth nothing ( detroit excepted) .

Thats true , but I'd also wager less than 10% of working people actually " love " what they do.
Most people given the option would go with living by their own leave over punching a clock.

What do you do? Do you love it ?

I was in equipment maintenance for 45 years. I loved the troubleshooting and finding ways to improve the equipment. After work I worked on race cars and my own vehicles for fun.

Being old and rich is a better option. You can have your friends at your various sports clubs, tennis or whatever you're into. Have hookers on tap. Go travel any time and make your memories

Plus at the end of my planned saving spree I will be 34. Hardly old is it. Although I will.also be hardly rich, only 75k cash. But that will be all I need to start buying up property which should make me rich within the next decade. I will still only be 44 which again isn't actually old

Wrong. Your prime years are what you're going to be looking back on the most when you're old. Go ask the elderly, find out what's important to them.

You're going to appreciate that trip around the world more now than if you wait til you're old to do it. You'll have more stories to tell.

Wrong. Your prime years are what you're going to be looking back on the most when you're old. Go ask the elderly, find out what's important to them.

So what ages are you defining as your prime years

Plus being rich and old means there I no looking back because your life is still awesome

I frequently work 65 hours a week. I feel good and am making money hand over fist. I feel it's pretty sustainable for me for now. I know a lot of people work these hours. At some point eventually I plan to reduce my hours to whatever makes sense, probably in the 40-50 hour range.

I frequently work 65 hours a week. I feel good and am making money hand over fist. I feel it's pretty sustainable for me for now. I know a lot of people work these hours. At some point eventually I plan to reduce my hours to whatever makes sense, probably in the 40-50 hour range.

What is it you do ?

Im working nights at the minute and there is plenty of spare work. Its easy work physically, lots of sitting around doing not much, the complete opposite of a hard labour job

Im thinking of upping my hours to 60 a week minimum for the money, if i do it i will be able to save up roughly $1250 per month

If i do that for a full year i would have 15k dollars, which sounds nice if i can think of how to parlay that money into something bigger such as another property etc ?

Anyway the questions are

Who does this, why, and how doable and sustainable is it ?

If you dont do it and dont have the option, would you do it if the option was there

I work for a major event promoter and this past year they bought out a semi major promoter so the event load has quadrupled in size but they haven't added staff. I'm in upper management with about 10 managers under me and 400 unionsized staff.

I've been working a minimum of 60hours a week since april 2017. mostly doing 75hrs a week and i've done 2x 90h and 1x 105h. making tons of money though, and i can't spend it so my savings are soaring

I'm super burnt out right now, moral is crap throughout the company, specifically with my equals in my department.

i'd say 60hrs is ok if you do it from time to time to earn extra money, or give a push for like 4 weeks straight. but don't get into a spending pattern where you NEED to have those hours because you'll get burnt out.

Back