Working 2 Jobs

What else can you do besides 9-5? 9-5 is big chunk of day. You cant be a night auditor at hotel, or any graveyard shifts because you work aain at 9am.

So what options do you 9-5 people have? Usually dual jobbers are part time at two places.
I was thinking of a 6-10 right after.

I do freelance work too, but its not frequent so its not really stable.

Worked 7-330 construction 5 days a week as an apprentice then 430-900 at a pet store 3 nights a week. Saved the construction pay check up and used the pet store money for spending cash. When mrs fett and I bought our house we used my savings to pay off a huge chunk of it

You have to be careful. I have a friend who took a second job that was more for funzies than anything else (got all kinds of concerts tix and such out of it) and essentially it cost her money because it was just enough declared earnings to barely bump her into the next tax bracket.

Thank you, Reb. I’m working 4 days a week at my current job. 4 10’s. New job will be 2 10’s on Saturday & Sunday. & I’m taking my last semester completely online so I don’t have as much pressure from that. We’ll see how it goes.
So you'll have 1 day a week to kinda decompress and really focus on your studies? Good luck. I'd be worried about burning out, make sure to try to schedule some time to just relax and have fun.

Just curious, any Sherdogger does or did this?

I work a 9-5 in IT, but have been thinking I can pad my finances even more if I took a part-time job. I basically will have to give up training, and competing for the year would be a pipe dream if it comes to this, but having more money's always nice so it could be worth it.

So what I'm wondering is for those that did it, was it sustainable?

inb4 you sound poor
Before last week, I was doing 2 jobs at once. First in my dad's pharmacy, and the other as a tutor. However, neither was full time, and my dad was obviously lenient about my work schedule. Also, both were for fun, not money, so stress was minimal.

Biggest thing i learned: Having one be a morning shift and the other late in the day can suck. Personally, it was better when
- Both were during the same part of the day
- Both were close in shift (Ex: One is morning, other is afternoon)
- I could fit both during the same day to reduce the number of working days

Good luck!

@Rebelfett @lakersfan45 @Pliny Pete

I’m starting a 2nd job this weekend. I’m going to be rich I think.

Don't do it, it creates a mentality that consumes you.
I am working a 21 on 7 off rotation, 12 hour days, and on my 7 off I work to keep my business afloat. Whenever I have a down day or even an afternoon off I dwell on the fact that I'm not earning money. It fucking sucks.

u can probably do hand and blow at the same time, or maybe rim and hand i djnno how flexible u are ts and how well endowed ur friemds are?

Just curious, any Sherdogger does or did this?

I work a 9-5 in IT, but have been thinking I can pad my finances even more if I took a part-time job. I basically will have to give up training, and competing for the year would be a pipe dream if it comes to this, but having more money's always nice so it could be worth it.

So what I'm wondering is for those that did it, was it sustainable?

inb4 you sound poor

if you can manage it, and don't feel deprived of personal time/having fun, then go for it, i say. i know i personally couldn't do it. i'd be completely depressed from not enjoying my life.

Back