Working 2 jobs, and going to college to become a cop while following a fight career how hard is it?

College is really easy, especially if you're just collecting arbitrary credits towards some criminal justice degree. You'll have all the time in the world to work and pursue other interests. Don't stress it, just do what you want to do and drop the things that don't give you any satisfaction.

Contrary what some have posted about not needing a high school diploma and basically they hire anyone, they're wrong. It's a very competitive and tough to get hired. It depends on where you live, but sometimes there are 500 to 1000 applicants applying for a few positions. Where I live, the cops make pretty good money ($60,000 starting and top out around $100,000) and great benefits that include a pension after 20 to 25 years. They require a minimum of 60 credit hours, but many have a 4 year criminal justice degree. You're not going to be able to have a pro fighting career with most departments. Most departments have to approve all off duty employment. There is no problem with training and it would benefit you on the street. They do like former military. Maybe you could join the reserves and go to military police school to enhance your chances of getting hired.

Like another poster stated, "How good are you at MMA fighting?" If you're not top notch, I wouldn't try togo pro because it's not going to pay the bills like a law enforcement career.

Good Luck

I tried to go into the marines but they disqualified me because i'm under medication that helps me sleep. So thats a no no for at least 3 years, some people say being a pro fighter starting out does not pay the bills but what people don't get is when you have sponsors it pays more. I just wanted to do some good before going pro, maybe i'll do the online classes after i come back from thailand. I don't know but i'll try it at some point.

I would ditch the fighting.

Training some is good for mental and physical fitness but actually competing is something where the cost is greater than the benefit.

The cost being that it runs your life. The benefits being the social attention and whatever it fixes for you. For me it fixed me in a few years and I moved on. If it ain't gonna fix something I reckon it's not worth it.

Wait i just looked back at some of the posts in the thread, you said guys said that some departments might not be cool with a officer following a fight career and taking time off to train for a pro fight, i'll do the online classes in 2018 when i get back from traincation just in case i talk to some of the cops over at the airport and they tell me that i can still follow a fight career while in the police force i still heard about a mma fighter in brazil being a cop, but i do like to fight, and i want to be the best at it. I thought police departments were cool with officers going into fight careers though.

Back