Worker skips office Mega pool, loses share of $319M

Yup.

Just adding his money to the pool and ordering a $75 ticket instead of a $60 one could change the randomness of the ticket numbers and cost them all the win.

It was his decision not to play that actually got them the win.

And for those who sue after the fact trying to get in on winnings I want to know if they also chipped in prior when they missed draws and the numbers lost? Do they say 'oh guys I missed last week and here is my share of the losers cash" because that is the only way I would then say they deserve a winners share when they miss.

yeah its why they never win their case its stupid, they probably missed other pools but when the group finally won now they think its wrong, people not being held accountable for their decisions, they should just own up to it and say man if only I put my money in that pool.

they try to blame others for their failures, so the guy said one of them should have covered his pot? one thing my mom always taught me is you cannot rely on people, try and get your things done yourself and always make sure a contract is in tact, his case would only be credible if they had a written agreement that if someone is sick the person would have to cover for him.

Somebody has to win though. I'm a regular player. I'll admit it. I don't play a lot of money. The money I waste on the dream I'd just waste somewhere else. The money I spent on lotto's over my life it saved in a jar probably would be five figures I guess - but a couple of bucks a week for the dream, the hope - it's money well spent IMO.

I play the lotto every once and a while too, its worth a shot. I usually get a local ticket like Super and ill get some Scratchers, the most I ever won on a scratcher was 20 bucks for a 5 dollar scratcher.

Back