Woodley would've been an easier fight for Georges

Mixed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In terms of physical prowess, of course Tyron beats Michael by miles, but one thing that everybody is overlooking is Bisping's got the true heart of a champion.

He has shown in his recent fights against Anderson and Hendo that he can take a punch or even a flying knee to the face and keep coming forward to win the fight. They were close fights, but his heart cannot be denied.

Tyron has not once demonstrated the ability to bounce back from adversity, which is why he plays it safe and point fights. He knows that if he takes any kind of decent shot, it will be a bad night for him.

This is a huge oversight by GSP and will cost him because he is looking at the matchups in pure physical terms when heart is much more important in championship fights.

Tyron is a frontrunner and would have been an easy fight for GSP if he could ward off his early explosiveness. Take Tyron down a few times and wear him out, he would have wilted by the later rounds. He will not see that from Bisping.

tumblr_n62cj2uXcW1six5o1o1_500.gif

Didn't Woodley come from behind in two fights against Wonderboy to keep his title with late round surges?

<{cruzshake}>

GSP's takedowns were less explosive and struggled on hendricks and a few times on nick diaz even. GSP's whole game depends on the threat of the double leg and woodley would likely stuff him over and over

GSP doesnt win by hurting his opponents, dude was a pointfighter for the last few years of his career. beating him wont be based on durability

Didn't Woodley come from behind in two fights against Wonderboy to keep his title with late round surges?

Come from behind in terms of what? Most of the rounds in both fights were razor close with little to no action, save for a few spots for Woodley. In terms of scorecards maybe, but Woodley faced little to no adversity in either fight.

They'd both be hard fights imo, but George's style is grappling heavy so fighting the one who isn't a wrestler will always be to his advantage.

<{cruzshake}>

GSP's takedowns were less explosive and struggled on hendricks and a few times on nick diaz even. GSP's whole game depends on the threat of the double leg and woodley would likely stuff him over and over

GSP doesnt win by hurting his opponents, dude was a pointfighter for the last few years of his career. beating him wont be based on durability

GSP definitely slowed down towards the end of his career, but I do believe that he has used the time to recover and become better. It would have worked out perfectly for him at WW, but honestly, he made a big mistake choosing to go for Bisping.

GSP's strength has always been his unpredictability. Of course, you knew he was going to go for a takedown at some point, but his strength was that he mixed his attack up and would score the takedown at the most opportune time. Yes, he was a point fighter, but probably the best point fighter ever. GSP would have gotten Woodley down. There is no doubt about it. GSP never used sheer strength to get his takedowns, he would get them when his opponent least expected it. Hendricks was a rare case because he was at the top of his game then and his wrestling credentials are almost unparallelled in MMA save for a few other guys.

Woodley is not as battle tested or evolved as a fighter as Bisping is.

Dumb post, GSP is fighting Bisping because he is the easiest title fight at MW that there will ever be. IF he beats Bisping, he then fights Woodley, wins, and then retires as the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

If a better fighter was holding the MW belt, GSP would either be coming back to fight Woodley, or not coming back at all.

Dumb post, GSP is fighting Bisping because he is the easiest title fight at MW that there will ever be. IF he beats Bisping, he then fights Woodley, wins, and then retires as the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.

If a better fighter was holding the MW belt, GSP would either be coming back to fight Woodley, or not coming back at all.

Easiest title fight at MW, maybe. But not as easy as Woodley would have been.

All he had to do was come back and beat Woodley and he would be recognized as the greatest of all time. He got greedy. The juice will not be worth the squeeze. He will lose to Bisping.

As a fan I'm glad we don't get to see these two boring pointfighters dance around for 25 minutes.

As a fan I'm glad we don't get to see these two boring pointfighters dance around for 25 minutes.

As a pointfighter, GSP is at least 50 times more palatable than Woodley. I would have liked to see him dethroned.

As a pointfighter, GSP is at least 50 times more palatable than Woodley. I would have liked to see him dethroned.
I agree, GSP was at least throwing jabs and landing take downs. Woodley is content with throwing 3 strikes in a round.

Maybe GSP will be more aggressive too now that he isn't defending a championship belt and after the long lay off.

Diaz doesn't have heart?

Condit doesn't have heart?

In terms of physical prowess, of course Tyron beats Michael by miles, but one thing that everybody is overlooking is Bisping's got the true heart of a champion.

He has shown in his recent fights against Anderson and Hendo that he can take a punch or even a flying knee to the face and keep coming forward to win the fight. They were close fights, but his heart cannot be denied.

Tyron has not once demonstrated the ability to bounce back from adversity, which is why he plays it safe and point fights. He knows that if he takes any kind of decent shot, it will be a bad night for him.

This is a huge oversight by GSP and will cost him because he is looking at the matchups in pure physical terms when heart is much more important in championship fights.

Tyron is a frontrunner and would have been an easy fight for GSP if he could ward off his early explosiveness. Take Tyron down a few times and wear him out, he would have wilted by the later rounds. He will not see that from Bisping.

tumblr_n62cj2uXcW1six5o1o1_500.gif

gspserra2.gif

That fight made GSP the ultimate point fighter for the remainder of his 7 years of fighting. The term point fighter was most likely coined because of GSP.

Anyways, I loved GSP back in the day and I hate Bisping and don’t care for Tyrun but they would both easily beat current George’s. Woodley via KO inside of 2 rounds and Bisping via TKO inside of 4 rounds.

I guess you can't read

GSP has fought many guys that had a lot of heart. Not going to matter

I never said his opponents didn't have heart. You have a weird train of thought.

<{cruzshake}>

Interestingly both Hendricks and Diaz fight southpaw. I think that throws off GSP's takedown game a bit.

I never said his opponents didn't have heart. You have a weird train of thought.

You said Bisping will be a tougher fight because he has the heart of a champion

Having the heart of a champion didn't help much for Diaz or Condit, did it?

Back