Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
Woodley is almost impossible to like. He needs to understand that no one likes a whiny, gripey guy who just complains about everything, particularly in MMA. It doesn't matter whether he is right or wrong, the point is he annoys people. He is not charismatic, and when he opens his mouth is to play victim and complain. No one is interested.

Also, he needs to have a serious look at himself. This is not some racist plot by the media or Dana.

1) His last two performances have been terrible. I thought he lost the Wonderboy rematch in what was an insufferable bore, and the Maia fight was a snoozer. Nobody likes boring fights.

2) Dana was actively pushing for GSP vs. Woodley before the Wonderboy rematch fiasco. Of course, after a performance like that, why would they put one of their biggest stars against someone who no one likes to see fight in a potential snoozefest?

3) What the Hell is he calling Nate Diaz out for? Nate is a lightweight, hasn't fought in a year, and then he lost to Conor, who is a 1-0 lightweight who has competed predominantly at FW.

I'm sorry, but Tyron is just too dumb to take any responsibility.

Some fighters just don't know a thing of promoting and just think their entitled to money fights cause they got a belt. He has a bland personality and is coming off two in a row worst fight ever candidates.

He can hold the belt aslong as he wants and promote sleeping pills during his fights and he'll never get it. Look at Mighty Mouse, record for most title defences and nobody gives a shit about him.
What’s sad is people can’t look past mouses size, because his fights are fantastic.

I want so bad to like Woodley. He's an intelligent and well-spoken guy, an incredible athlete, a dangerous striker, and a fantastic wrestler. But then he starts race-baiting, playing the victim, fighting the most boring way humanly possible, and looking for easy money fights.

Ya don't make it easy, T-Wood.

What’s sad is people can’t look past mouses size, because his fights are fantastic.
Damn straight. I don't think DJ has ever been in a boring fight, and he's absolutely outclassing everybody here fights even with a perpetual size disadvantage. The only reason somebody would hate on him is because they're 6'+ and don't wanna accept that a 5'3" dude would whip their ass.

Dana's a scumbag and Woodley's full of shit in this situation. He's walking back what he said here to appear more reasonable.
He's been very fortunate as champion - two of his three defences were as co-main where he could use his PPV points to piggy back off Conor and Jones so any claim he's been under-promoted or he deserves a money fight now are complete crap.

think that fight will happen. I think it will happen this year. I think it’s way more likely than people realize. There are conversations about Nate and I fighting in July. The UFC has offered Nate that fight. They just have to make it worth his while. I think I’ll fight Nate this year, and I think it will be my return to the Octagon. If I had to bet the house on it, that’s my next opponent.”

This is a direct quote from him saying that the ufc offered Nate a fight against him.

He was full of shit and got called out for it, rightfully so.
Rightfully called out?
Dana and the UFC does the exact same shit all the time to drum up, or feel out interest for a potential fight.

Your promoter going on TV and saying you are full of shit is unquestionably fucking stupid. Even if Woodley was 100% lying, the promoter going on TV to say that doesn't make it, or their champion look good. Why is Dana talking about lawyers and shit, and having a laugh at his champion on TV?
Champions have done FAR worse without a peep out of Dana.

Dana White trying to call out someone for lying is fucking absurd. What Woodley said is a completely normal thing that happens in the fight game to try and drum up interest for a fight.
If the UFC had other ideas for Woodley, they should have been talking to him. Woodley said he hadn't officially been offered the RDA fight.
If the UFC is trying to make a fight happen, the FIRST people they should be talking to are the actual guys they want to fight.
Announcing shit via random tweets and interviews is disrespectful to the fighter

And what about this
"One day after Woodley said a fight with Diaz was a possibility, Diaz essentially backed him up. Diaz told ESPN that Woodley was “my best option” for a comeback bout. Woodley noted that White never said anything about those quotes from Diaz."

Diaz talked about fighting Woodley recently as well. For all we know, there was some talks to have him fight Woodley. Dana lies about this shit all the time.
Even if there was no offer, so what ? Watch the clip of Dana talking to Bisping about this. He was talking as if Tyron was an idiot. It was unnecessary , and Tyron is rightfully pissed

Lol you guys have a ridiculous irrational hate of Woodley. There's nothing crazy about what he's saying here

Last edited:
Woodley is trying to spin his own damage control. You can try and spin a different interpretation to your words when they blow up in your face, and that's exactly what he's doing here. He knows saying "I think the Nate Diaz fight is next" and then followed up with "He's been offered the fight" means everyone is going to assume that's what is being negotiated.

No he's trying to say that he was just putting it out there that he wants Diaz next. Skipping wants changes what he was implying. Is it really surprising that Dana said he's full of shit if he knows that TWood has already been made aware that RDA is next?

He doesn't mince words, so why suddenly start a feud calling him a liar on twitter? And then backtracking to say it was a misunderstanding?

He couldn't have fucked the whole thing up worse if he tried.

Woodley should fight Chadwick Boseman.

Winner gets to play Black Panther in the sequel.

Meh. He has at least got people talking about him. There are so many champions in this era who are bland and have no USP. You neither hate nor love them. Woodley isn't one of those. I hate him. So props.

But the hate isn't the type to make you want to buy his fights. Its gossip.

In the rap world, he'd be like a Tyga or a Wale. Gets talked about for how annoying they are, but nobody actually buys their records.

Lol yes sherdogger why dont you tell us how undeserving he is of being a world champion.

His run to the title was one of, if not the most underwhelming of any challenger I've ever seen.

Beats Dong...WOOOO!
Barely beats a depleted Gastelum.
Ducks unfavorable matchups...
Scheduled to fight Hendricks and he doesn't even fight him.

Waits 18 fucking months to fight, cracks Robbie early and gets gold.

So tell me again shit stain how I'm wrong...

Are you one of his 10 Twitter followers who is butthurt about the reality of it all?

His run to the title was one of, if not the most underwhelming of any challenger I've ever seen.

Beats Dong...WOOOO!
Barely beats a depleted Gastelum.
Ducks unfavorable matchups...
Scheduled to fight Hendricks and he doesn't even fight him.

Waits 18 fucking months to fight, cracks Robbie early and gets gold.

So tell me again shit stain how I'm wrong...

Are you one of his 10 Twitter followers who is butthurt about the reality of it all?
He's beaten two of the last consensus #1 contenders. That's how.

Woodley is such a professional victim. Not really surprised people aren't especially fond of him. Pushing for a fight with Diaz who has done nothing to deserve this particular title shot when RDA is a perfect candidate for it is just dumb. You want to make money and get people to pay to watch you? Don't put them to sleep, easy as that. If he loses his belt then I don't care, he can fight Amanda Nunes for all I care but as a champ he has a certain responsibility. But I'll never appreciate his whiny nature outside the ring.

Rightfully called out?
Dana and the UFC does the exact same shit all the time to drum up, or feel out interest for a potential fight.

Your promoter going on TV and saying you are full of shit is unquestionably fucking stupid. Even if Woodley was 100% lying, the promoter going on TV to say that doesn't make it, or their champion look good. Why is Dana talking about lawyers and shit, and having a laugh at his champion on TV?
Champions have done FAR worse without a peep out of Dana.

Dana White trying to call out someone for lying is fucking absurd. What Woodley said is a completely normal thing that happens in the fight game to try and drum up interest for a fight.
If the UFC had other ideas for Woodley, they should have been talking to him. Woodley said he hadn't officially been offered the RDA fight.
If the UFC is trying to make a fight happen, the FIRST people they should be talking to are the actual guys they want to fight.
Announcing shit via random tweets and interviews is disrespectful to the fighter

And what about this
"One day after Woodley said a fight with Diaz was a possibility, Diaz essentially backed him up. Diaz told ESPN that Woodley was “my best option” for a comeback bout. Woodley noted that White never said anything about those quotes from Diaz."

Diaz talked about fighting Woodley recently as well. For all we know, there was some talks to have him fight Woodley. Dana lies about this shit all the time.
Even if there was no offer, so what ? Watch the clip of Dana talking to Bisping about this. He was talking as if Tyron was an idiot. It was unnecessary , and Tyron is rightfully pissed

Lol you guys have a ridiculous irrational hate of Woodley. There's nothing crazy about what he's saying here
I was more or less pointing out that Woodley directly contradicted himself in two statements. Honestly tho, fuck that guy. Nobody wants to watch him fight, they should just cut him.

He's beaten two of the last consensus #1 contenders. That's how.

Your point being...?

Do you realize the amount of crying and whining about defending his belt against those two guys Woodley did beforehand?

He was forced to defend, and whined all the way through because he had to fight them.

With statements like...and I'm paraphrasing here...

"People want me to fight wonderboy because he is white and you're all wacist!"

"I don't feel like anyone earned a dhlt at me so why should I give it to Mais."

He is a worthless champion.

I feel you Woodley, but you are doing this wrong with us. Just stop talking for now, accept whoever they give you, beat them up and talk later. Everyone wants to see you lose, that’s not Dana’s fault.

I think his right, but at some point he just needs to let go. Follow the stipe gameplan, go in there and get paid and everything else will follow in line.

Woodley's problem may have resulted from his commentary job. It looks as if it tricked him into delusional self-confidence thinking what he has to say is worth hearing by so many people and that he speaks really well about anything and everything. Now he has no filter, runs his mouth, and he's f'd up his "brand," destroying his reputation, making him the most unpopular WW in UFC history. A measly 11% say they are his fans. His excuse is about the lamest excuse possible (racism), trashing his approval rating even further. So what does he do to improve it? The Wisdom of Woodley to the rescue. Get into a fight with his boss, a fight he can't win, and loses even more marketing from the UFC.

Back