Woodley Wants to Take White to the Woodshed... White Loses Interest in Marketing Him

Woodley's self-promotion is horrible

• Total voters
I like Woodley more after this. Doesn't take Dana's shit like so many fighters.

I would like someone... anyone... to actually prove that Diaz is a "draw" or a "money fight". Why does Tyron, or anyone else, think that Nate Diaz is the road to his big payday?

It's a smokescreen to get a fight against the stylistically best and easiest opponent Woodley could face. If for whatever reason Tyron isn't actually that stupid, and it's his management team's push for his best route to a huge payday, they should be fired and replaced immediately.

Nate Diaz has never once headlined a PPV card without Conor, so there is basically zero data to back that up. To be fair, most people that bought that PPV did so for Conor. Whether it was to watch him win or lose, he was the selling point, not Diaz.

If Woodley is, as he claims trying to land an opponent with name brand value and dipping into the LW division, then why pick Nate Diaz? Why not Conor himself? Or Khabib, or the actual Interim champ in Tony? Woodley's full of shit... he tried piecing together the fight that's easiest for him, not the one that gets him paid or "builds his brand".
You dont get it think deeper - if he can smash Nate which he will - Tyron will say to Conor "why fight this bum I smoked. Come for belt and the guy who beat Nate."

It's all to get Conor the real payday.

It's the same reason every LW is calling out Nate. To invalidate trilogy and put themselves in pole position.

Remember when Woodley wouldn’t fight Lombard because it was “bad for his brand”?

That’s what the ending reminded me of. Lol

He should stop worrying about his brand so much and just be a champion and fight.

I'm positive Nate would make it a more exciting fight than Colby or Wonderboy III. Just saying..

I'm not. The Diaz brothers are exciting as hell when they fight guys who are willing to stand in the pocket and trade but I doubt Woodley would do that. He'd probably mix in a lot of on the outside with a steady diet of takedowns and I think he'd be too cautious of Nate's BJJ game to take any risks on the ground. It'd probably be a lot of lay and pray.

I think you're right about Colby. It'd probably just be an extension of the Maia fight. Woodley just refuses to take any risks what so ever. Guys like Maia and Woodley are tailor made for him to KO but he's fully content to just stuff takedowns and point spar to get the win.

He should stop worrying about his brand so much and just be a champion and fight.

The UFC did this to themselves as soon as they started letting Conor completely dictate his own career. Now everyone else thinks they can too. The precedent has been set. This shit didn't use to be ran like boxing. It didn't use to be up to the champion to "give someone a shot". The next challenger was lined up by the UFC and they fought. Then the post-Conor era began...

I don't blame Conor. It's the UFC's fault. They lost control of their business model.

You dont get it think deeper - if he can smash Nate which he will - Tyron will say to Conor "why fight this bum I smoked. Come for belt and the guy who beat Nate."

It's all to get Conor the real payday.

It's the same reason every LW is calling out Nate. To invalidate trilogy and put themselves in pole position.

Tyron doesn't need to beat Nate just to earn a fight with Conor... beating Nate is not the surefire path to Conor.

Tyron obviously wants the money fight with Conor (who wouldn't?), and if Conor wanted it, all he would have to do is ask for it... I'm sure the UFC would bend over for him. Conor can posture for his fans and the media all he wants, but Woodley would smash the shit out of him and Conor knows it.

The UFC did this to themselves as soon as they started letting Conor completely dictate his own career. Now everyone else thinks they can too. The precedent has been set. This shit didn't use to be ran like boxing. It didn't use to be up to the champion to "give someone a shot". The next challenger was lined up by the UFC and they fought. Then the post-Conor era began...

I don't blame Conor. It's the UFC's fault. They lost control of their business model.

Conor makes the company millions of dollars, he should get special treatment. Tyron puts people to sleep and should fall in line and fight the number one contender and be an exciting champion which will automatically improve his brand.

Do wonderboy vs Diaz, winner gets woodley.

That way if Diaz wins he can kinda say I'm deserving of a shot as I beat a number 2 ranked guy.

Do wonderboy vs Diaz, winner gets woodley.

That way if Diaz wins he can kinda say I'm deserving of a shot as I beat a number 2 ranked guy.
WB is #1 and has zero chance against WB. He coulndt beat scrubs at 170.

Conor makes the company millions of dollars, he should get special treatment. Tyron puts people to sleep and should fall in line and fight the number one contender and be an exciting champion which will automatically improve his brand.

I agree, but that's just not how precedents work. Once you've made exceptions for one, everyone else wants exceptions too. Before Conor and Ronda, the UFC tried to market themselves more like the NFL without relying too heavily on certain individual stars but then Conor and Ronda came along and the UFC saw the opportunity to grab all that money right now ignoring the potential ramifications of essentially going away from their proven business model. In hindsight, it was brilliant by Zuffa. They saw they had two megastars the likes of which MMA had never seen, so milk the absolute shit out of them to maximize the UFC's value and then sell. But now the UFC as a sports league is left with the aftermath and it's led to a bunch of entitled champs, interim belts left and right, and pretty much just a damn junk show at the moment.

Tyron doesn't need to beat Nate just to earn a fight with Conor... beating Nate is not the surefire path to Conor.

Tyron obviously wants the money fight with Conor (who wouldn't?), and if Conor wanted it, all he would have to do is ask for it... I'm sure the UFC would bend over for him. Conor can posture for his fans and the media all he wants, but Woodley would smash the shit out of him and Conor knows it.
Beating Nate takes trilogy off the table and improves your shot at getting the money fight that why all LW are calling him out too.

I think anyone has potential to be a star, especially Tyron, but the guy has these horrible fights, and shows very little character and no charisma. The guy is basically walking and talking as though this is just an ordinary job where he expects more pay than he’s seemingly worth.

Tyron needs to start showing people that he’s worth watching, by being interesting in the cage, and in interviews. Right now, he’s basically your average joe complaining about his workplace, and how he deserves more money...he’s basically 90% of the working population.

Overall I think dana has some nerve to say no chance of Diaz/Woodley when he let GSP fight for the middleweight belt.

Dana is a dbag, no doubt. But Woodley is just so damn unlikeabke.

He is the champ.
It's up to the challenger to win.
Instant rematches in almost all cases are stupid.

Their first fight was NOT exciting outside the end of the 4th round. There was no reason to think their next bout, a few scant months later would have produced a more exciting match.
THAT is on the UFC.
"Styles make fights " And it was pretty clear after the first fight that WB and Tyron would not make for an exciting rematch.

I'm not a casual, so, no, i wouldn't be screaming for a guy that won his fights to be cut, no matter how boring the bouts were. He didn't fight by himself. It's up to the challenger to help make that fight good as well.
Again, styles make fights. There was no reason to believe that a rematch with WB, or a fight with Damian Maia would result in exciting fights.
Surprise surprise, that a fight with an aggressive guy like Robbie ended aggressively .
Gee, i wonder what a fight between Tyron and aggressive guys like Perry, or Cerrone, or Diaz, or hey, RDA even, i wonder what those fights would look like?

Lol why the hell are people so surprised that a fight between 2 counter punchers, and another with a 40 year old jiu-jitsu guy with great grappling and mediocre striking ended up being boring ?

Maybe you wouldn't scream for a fighter to get cut for Woodley like performances as of late, but I'm fairly confident that you wouldn't be looking forward to their fights.

Woodley is not a counter puncher

As champion, Woodley has not engaged. As a result, fans do not want to hear him bitch.

Fighters have beaten both WB and Maia while bringing the fight to them, being defensive isn't the only way to beat them.

Had Woodley went on the offensive and absolutely throttled WB and Maia how he did Lawler, there wouldn't be as big of an issue with him wanting to fight Diaz. There'd still be people complaining, but I bet Dana White wouldn't be one of them.

But if you can't comprehend why he gets the flak that he gets, then I don't know what to tell you. He deserves all the negativity he's been receiving.

A good heel is someone like Floyd...What Tyron is doing is creating a lack of interest and just making fight fans numbingly tired of him. To the point where people are disinterested in his fights. They will look up the PbP to see if he is finally gone but won't tune in. That money he so wants comes from people wanting to see you fight. People want to watch Floyd for either his prowess or to see him lose...This doesn't apply for Tyron.

Tyron is constantly shooting his feet off at every turn and is either too stupid/ignorant/delusional to see it...Or he actually believes being this whiny cunt furthers his brand/career in some way...which it isn't.
Are you going to watch his next fight?

RDA vs Woodley?
Diaz vs Woodley?

Are you not going to watch these fights?

Beating Nate takes trilogy off the table and improves your shot at getting the money fight that why all LW are calling him out too.

The Diaz trilogy is all but off the table already, at least for the next foreseeable future. Conor has name dropped Diaz recently (and will continue to) because he doesn't want anything to do with Ferguson or Khabib. If Diaz didn't publicly price himself out it might have already happened.

Tony (by being virtue of being IC) and Khabib (dominating fights more regularly now) are making it more and more difficult for Conor to avoid them. By rights, Tony should already have the guaranteed shot against Conor, but Khabib had to go and make a case for it too. The UFC took advantage of the Tony-or-Khabib situation to gloss over the fact they can't get Conor in line and that they've created their own pile of shit they're trying to avoid stepping in.

They way I see it is... if you're not a champ, you can go fight whoever the fuck you want. If you are the champ, then play the game and defend your title.

Do you think Woodley would vacate his belt if it meant getting a fight with Diaz? Not a fucking chance.

T-Wood is a drama queen. I'd rather have Colby as a champion. He have more marketing potential than boring Tyquil

Back