Woodley vs Covington: Who will you be rooting for?

Colby is like Woodley with less punching power and submission skills.

If somehow Colby can hold him for 5 rounds against the cage, yes.

But 25 minutes is a damn long time.

Just curious. After Woodley demolished Till, I'm not sure I'd favor any current UFC WW over him. Anyone think Colby somehow beats him?

I do. Colby has an extremely tough chin and monster cardio. Woodley is only good for the first two rounds if he's FORCED into a brawl, whereas Colby can last 5 rounds of it. It just depends on whether or not Tyron can KO him early IMO.

Strangely enough Woodley has become a standup fighter. For all his wrestling, it's not his wrestling that has been winning him fights. He's been winning fights with that big right hand, knocking guys down.

Woodley missed a couple right hands against Till, but because Till is a standup fighter he just backed up. Covington is not going to stand and trade with Woodley -- the second Woodley misses with that right hand, Covington is going to tie him up and look to wrestle. He definitely has the tools to do that.

Who will win the fight? That's a tough one. Both guys can win. I'd probably give the edge to Woodley, just because he has the wrestling background to make the clinch a close contest, and has a significant advantage in the striking department. IF Woodley wins it's going to be by KO/TKO. If Covington survives the first 2 rounds, he grinds out Woodley due to superior Cardio.

If they fight in the near future, TWOOD all day long. If they fight 2 or 3 years from now, not so sure. Woodley is 36.5 years old and Father Time is unbeaten and untied. Fortunately Woodley doesn't have that much fight mileage, but older fighters can fade quickly especially if they have hard weight cuts in order to stay in their division.

If Woodley wins, it further solidifies him as WW GOAT.

GSP: 26-2, beat everyone he's faced, 9x WW defenses, most top 5 and top 10 wins in the history of MMA, MW Champion

Woodley: 19-3, lost to a common opponent (Shields) whom GSP beat, 3x WW defenses

Please explain to me how someone with 7 less wins, 1 more loss and literally 1/3 of the defenses is the WW GOAT over GSP. Numbers dont lie.

I’m a fan of both guys, yet they seem to be two of the most disliked fighters on the roster. I’m not sure why though. Either way, the result of this fight is a win-win in my eyes.

If Covington wins, the nerds and virgins of sherdog will continue to meltdown because of his success.

So I’ll enjoy the result of the fight regardless, and the build up will be hilarious. Who are you guys rooting for in this fight?
View attachment 437851
Or
View attachment 437849
giphy.gif

Woodley... I have never cared much for TWood, but I respect him more after his win over Till. I hope he beats Colby so bad he's scared to open his ignorant ass mouth again.

I’m a fan of both guys, yet they seem to be two of the most disliked fighters on the roster. I’m not sure why though. Either way, the result of this fight is a win-win in my eyes.

If Covington wins, the nerds and virgins of sherdog will continue to meltdown because of his success.

So I’ll enjoy the result of the fight regardless, and the build up will be hilarious. Who are you guys rooting for in this fight?
View attachment 437851
Or
View attachment 437849

WW GOAT? You are truly an idiot.

I got Woodley in this fight, though I think Colby has an outside chance of winning if he turns it into a grind-fest.

I gotta say, the whole "guy with a chip on his shoulder who keeps winning" thing is turning me into a Woodley fan. I'm rooting for him.

As a White Hispanic I'm obligated to root for Colby in this one, I think. Because race and because Woodley something something racist.

Just kidding. I'm not really a fan of either one, but Woodley is a fellow family man so I can appreciate that, while Colby is corny all the way around.

This is the type of fight where I just hope for a great fight and the better man winning and don't root for anyone.

Jesus christ if you are a fan of Colby you're almost as bad as he is. And that's pretty fucking bad.
Tyron via head clean off.

Covington all day! #MAGA

covington is a wrestler..and woodley has like the best takedown defense there is....and tyron can knock covington out...covington can't do anything on the feet...this fight will not be close.

Back