Woodley or GSP, who fought the better competition.

GSP is the WW Michael Jordan, Woodley is Tracy McGrady after a scoring title.

If Woodley loses his next fight people will forget him, if GSP loses he will remain the greatest WW of all time
Don't speak for others like everyone is a dumb hater like you. I will always remember Tyron for making easy work vs Robbie.

GSP and it's not even close.

He always fought the guy with the number #1 next to their name, and dominated them.

Someone just posted a thread asking "who are you a stan (I mean... fan) of, Woodley or GSP"

ok.

That's fine if your'e voting for prom queen, but we're talking about evaluating FIGHTERS.

So, 2 part question:

Who has fought the better competition?

Who wins?

Piece of shit casual.

tenor.gif

In absolute terms, Woodley.

In legacy/time-relative terms, GSP.

Hughes is 1-dimensional compared to today's top welterweights and Penn is tiny compared to both today's welterweights and weights but they were the giants of their era.
You are the only one in the whole thread that made an honest, unbiased answer.

GSP, very easily. In both overall body of work and in who he's beat in his championship defenses.

It should also be stated that GSP doesn't get enough credit for coming into the sport and overtaking Hughes' WW status of GOAT. Hughes remains one of the greatest to this day, and was in the top 3 for all time GOATs for a long, long time, until GSP came and took that away.

People forget Hughes was the most dominant champ in UFC history prior to Silva's run.

GSP was more dominant :) Only Shields broke his 50:45 run via eye poke.

Woodley is better than GSP and fought tougher competition. Not that WW improved a lot.....

Ok the 2nd WW goat and the LW goat are cans to you... How about Shields Condit Diaz Kos Alves Hendricks Fitch? Let me guess... All cans?
All cans.

WW was all cans during GSP's lousy run. Woodley is a far superior fighter.

How is this even a question . GSP and I don't think it's particularly even close .

Mma math but I can't argue with that I think gsp has faced and defeated the better fighters

Woodley is better than GSP and fought tougher competition. Not that WW improved a lot.....
Woodley either lost or beat half the same guys GSP did....only five years later and when they were all shot

When he wasn't doing that, he beat mein, galvao, daly, post usada lawler, 40 year old maia and gastelum

I'll give him the wonderboy fight that's a great win.....he didn't win really, the judges said he did but he didnt....but seeing how contentious GSP vs Hendricks was, I'll agree just to avoid the conflict:rolleyes:

It’s really simple watch the marquart fight and ask yourself” how does this scrub come anywhere close to GSP”

Back