Woodley or GSP, who fought the better competition.

It's comparable, but Woodley has lost multiple fights unavenged so I don't see the point

Honestly...I kinda have to give it to GSP. Woodley, outside of winning decisions over Wonderboy has fought a lot of aged fighters and the other prime, up and comer he fought (Rory), he faltered.

For a 4-5 year span, GSP dominated any prime, top fighter at 170. It might have been boring most of the time, but he was doing what Mighty Mouse is doing now...in a division with actual talent (the UFC's best talent at the time).

Nothing else needs to be said after this, Woodley has a ways to go before beating the GOATWW.

GSP and it's not even close wtf

1rlPc.gif
Does anybody have the version of this where nate is trump and the ref is incredulous Cormier?

Last edited:
Finally, an honest answer. GSP doesn't beat Lawlor or Maia, IMO.
Why GSP dsnt beat Maia?? did u watch woodley vs Maia or Rory vs Maia,GSP vs Sheilds or rory vs Woodley? what makes u think GSP cant beat Maia? it would look similar to GSP vs sheilds minus the eye pokes!

Why GSP dsnt beat Maia?? did u watch woodley vs Maia or Rory vs Maia,GSP vs Sheilds or rory vs Woodley? what makes u think GSP cant beat Maia? it would look similar to GSP vs sheilds minus the eye pokes!

I think GSP/Maia would look like the Kos fight, but with a ref stoppage. Maia would take so much damage over 5 rounds that in the third or 4th it would be stopped.

GSP vs Lawler, GSP by constant pressure. Lawler bursts at the end to try and steal rounds. Pretty hard to do when you're on your ass getting ape techniqued.

This threads are so retarded, comparing the bum woodley with gsp lol

Finally, an honest answer. GSP doesn't beat Lawlor or Maia, IMO.

Are you kidding? No way Maia takes down GSP, on the feet Georges would keep distance with jabs.. If GSP decided to take down Maia he has incredible top control and would GnP him with ease.

Lawler has always had a suspect ground game. He's very hard to take down in the clinch but that is quite different than being taken down by GSPs double leg. Once on the ground Lawler would be subbed.

No disrespect to either of these guys ,they are great fighters. However this is why GSP is the greatest WW of all time. He exposes a fighters weaknesses by dictating where the fight goes.

Penn lol. I can't imagine what Woodley does to any version of Penn. Much worse things than GSP did to him

I'm not saying woodley wouldn't beat penn, but When GSP was beating Penn it meant something he was the definitive goat LW and former WW champion. When we talk about competition we talk about names and the things said names achieved. Regardless of how that match up would go, Penn is a VERY accomplished fighter.

Woodley has not beaten a fighter as accomplished as penn or Hughes IMO.

In absolute terms, Woodley.

In legacy/time-relative terms, GSP.

Hughes is 1-dimensional compared to today's top welterweights and Penn is tiny compared to both today's welterweights and weights but they were the giants of their era.
I think this is important.

People put a lot of stock in how recognizable the name of competition is. But while Hughes will always be more if a legend he was never near as skilled as let's say rory mac.

Of course Woodley got tooled by rory. But I just think that's an important distinction.

I think this is important.

People put a lot of stock in how recognizable the name of competition is. But while Hughes will always be more if a legend he was never near as skilled as let's say rory mac.

Of course Woodley got tooled by rory. But I just think that's an important distinction.

Hughes would take Rory down and school him. The GSP that Hughes subbed would beat Rory or Woodley

Someone just posted a thread asking "who are you a stan (I mean... fan) of, Woodley or GSP"

ok.

That's fine if your'e voting for prom queen, but we're talking about evaluating FIGHTERS.

So, 2 part question:

Who has fought the better competition?

Who wins?

GSP dominated this division for years.
Woodley just got to the top and had some terrible title defenses.

So far, it is GSP for sure!

Someone just posted a thread asking "who are you a stan (I mean... fan) of, Woodley or GSP"

ok.

That's fine if your'e voting for prom queen, but we're talking about evaluating FIGHTERS.

So, 2 part question:

Who has fought the better competition?

Who wins?
Are you actually serious about this or are you just trying to figure how many dipshit woodley cucks are out there? The answer is super fucking obvious.

GSP, very easily. In both overall body of work and in who he's beat in his championship defenses.

It should also be stated that GSP doesn't get enough credit for coming into the sport and overtaking Hughes' WW status of GOAT. Hughes remains one of the greatest to this day, and was in the top 3 for all time GOATs for a long, long time, until GSP came and took that away.

People forget Hughes was the most dominant champ in UFC history prior to Silva's run.

Back