Woodley or GSP, who fought the better competition.

I miscommunicated my point.

I'm saying that Hughes & Penn are the best wins you can have in relative terms (meaning relative to their era) but they're not as strong in today's landscape.

This still means that beating prime Hughes & Penn is the best thing you can do for your legacy though.

Ok its more clerar now.

GSP has fought a lot more top caliber competition, and had better results.

Woodley had a draw with Thompson, and a win many think he lost. Then he had one of the most uneventful defenses against Maia. And we all remember what Rory did to him.

Alves, Shields, Hughes, Condit, Hendricks, Diaz, are all every bit as legit competition as anyone Woodley has ever faced.

Is this an actual serious question? who has Woodley beat in the leauges of Hughes or Penn?

In absolute terms, Woodley.

In legacy/time-relative terms, GSP.

Hughes is 1-dimensional compared to today's top welterweights and Penn is tiny compared to both today's welterweights and weights but they were the giants of their era.
Hughes one dimensional compared to Maia?
A draw with wonderboy and a boring win?
Cmon, GSP dominated Penn, Hughes, Diaz, Shields and Condit amongst many others.

GSP and it's delusional to even think that it's close.
GSP: shields, Nick, bj pen x2, matt Hughes x2, Hendricks, condit, fitch, Sherk

Woodley : condit via a leg kick, 40 year old Maia, and Thompson who he debatably didn't even beat.

Also Woodley got tooled by shields who GSP beat

Last edited:
Which of these people you think beats Woodley? Or Maia, or Lawlor?
Prime for prime I'm assuming....

Lawler: Hendricks, shields, mayhem, diaz, Pete spratt....since they did beat him

Woodley:shields, hendricks hughes(maybe)

Maia: shields, hughes, hendricks, BJ ,alves (maybe) diaz (maybe)

Last edited:
Tyron has fought some great competition, but he's still far away from GSP.

Prime fitch is better than everyone Woolley fought combined. He won like 15 before and 15 after gsp. Gsp was only hickup and gsp made him look stupid

You can add dozens of other names as well. Like goats penn shields and Hughes

How is this even a question? Shields alone is better than any TWood win. Shields beat Woodley and ROBbie who is TWood’s best win

Penn lol. I can't imagine what Woodley does to any version of Penn. Much worse things than GSP did to him

Lol much worse things than getting him to quit? Woodley would actually have to throw strikes first for that to happen

Shields' win over Hendo was huge. Alves was on a good run with the Karo & Hughes KO's, while Fitch beat him twice. Then you got Condit who was beastin' back then, the superfight with Penn, and GSP beat the then WW GOAT Hughes twice via finish.

It's not close. Woodley doesn't know what's been up, him comparing himself to Georges.

Back