Woodley is basically slower with inferior wrestling of "prime" koscheck that gsp fought.

Woodley is nothing new to gsp.hes basically slower with inferior wrestling version of prime koshceck
-koscheck have better wrestling.
-faster hand(faster at throwing single strike and way faster and throwing combo)
-His striking is on par with woodley if not better.(outstriking Anthony Johnson before he submitted him)
-hit just as hard as woodley
-better ground and pound and submission game(second best ground pound and sub game behind gsp(and Maia too(submission))
-nearly beat pre usada hendrick (I think he got robbed)when he's clearly out of his prime
-better cardio
You are right
There are a lot of stupid newbies on sherdog that won't agree with you

Now I think GSP would win , but as far as Koscheck being better than Woodley well...
Woodley-KO.gif

Koscheck was in the middle of a massive skid when he fought Woodley. It's not clear to me that fight is indicative of how it would have gone a few years earlier

So Mike Perry says Woodley is a smart fighter and 5 minutes later this thread pops up.

Tyron got people so triggered.lol!

I think you got that backwards. T wood is a better kos

* Woodley hits harder
* Koscheck was the far better collegiate wrestler having won a D1 title along with (2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes)
* Koscheck had better cardio
* If not for GSP, Fitch or Koscheck probably would have worn the belt at 170 for awhile
* Woodley won the belt and is a deserving champion
* Rory MacDonald easily beat Woodley, so its not hard to imagine GSP coming up with a good game plan for Woodley especially since Woodley is so inactive and gives away rounds
* If Woodley hits GSP solid, its lights out. I think Woodley is the hardest hitting WW I've ever seen

Woodley is the epitome of explosiveness and quickness at 170, he's like Hendricks 2.5 in power and wrestling. GSP would never wrestle with him, he would have to jab him like Rory did.

GSP is a bleeder and a bruiser. Some dudes are just like that. They show every scratch and abrasion.
You need to get touched to bruise. Unless, he gets bruised by a strike just flying close to his face, which makes it worse.

Prime GSP was KO/TKO by Matt Serra. If Tyron touches him, he will go down.

Now I think GSP would win , but as far as Koscheck being better than Woodley well...
Woodley-KO.gif
You can tell if it was prime koscheck he would have never been caught. You can tell in the first part of your gif, koscheck caught woodly with the jab and right so easily. But koscheck was too old and slow. He even made Tyron bleed

GSP merks him. Stronger, way more athletic, significantly better skillset, higher fight IQ. He has every advantage. Woodley was running away from skinnyfat Damian Maia for crying out loud. No doubt he'd try to pull the same chickenshit gamesmanship against St Pierre, but St Pierre won't let it happen. I see him working the jab all night long, frustrating Tyron with his reach and quickness. Tyron will hug the cage wall like he usually does but Georges overwhelms him with superior strength and athleticism, takes him down, works the ground and pound. It'd be a long night for Woodley.
If he comes back the same way he was, I agree with you. We´ll see what kind of GSP shows up in the Bisping fight, than we can have a more realistic idea of how the Woodley fight would go today.

Woodley is the epitome of explosiveness and quickness at 170, he's like Hendricks 2.5 in power and wrestling. GSP would never wrestle with him, he would have to jab him like Rory did.

St Pierre is stronger, quicker and more athletic than Tyron.

Even Rory outclassed Tyron in quickness and athleticism. Made Woodley look like he was wading through molasses in low gravity.

Woodley is nothing new to gsp.hes basically slower with inferior wrestling version of prime koshceck
-faster hand(faster at throwing single strike and way faster and throwing combo)
-His striking is on par with woodley if not better.(outstriking Anthony Johnson before he submitted him)
-better ground and pound and submission game(second best ground pound and sub game behind gsp(and Maia too(submission))
-nearly beat pre usada hendrick (I think he got robbed)when he's clearly out of his prime
-better cardio

I like it.

* Woodley hits harder
* Koscheck was the far better collegiate wrestler having won a D1 title along with (2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes)
* Koscheck had better cardio
* If not for GSP, Fitch or Koscheck probably would have worn the belt at 170 for awhile
* Woodley won the belt and is a deserving champion
* Rory MacDonald easily beat Woodley, so its not hard to imagine GSP coming up with a good game plan for Woodley especially since Woodley is so inactive and gives away rounds
* If Woodley hits GSP solid, its lights out. I think Woodley is the hardest hitting WW I've ever seen
Good points. Specially the Jon Fitch and Koscheck would´ve been champion at some point. This is absolutely true.
Same thing happened with guys at MW because of Silva.

St Pierre is stronger, quicker and more athletic than Tyron.

Even Rory outclassed Tyron in quickness and athleticism. Made Woodley look like he was wading through molasses in low gravity.
Not sure about that bud, George's timing is what's up, and his incredible fight IQ, but gsp wouldn't have torched Lawler the way Woodley did, he's that explosive. GSP is way more skilled than Tyron, but I really think that he isn't more dangerous.

-better cardio

Dude go stand in the hallway.

lol koschek is a b level fighter at best. Lol at you thinking koschek could hang w wonderboy in striking or Maia in grappling.

We all saw koschek lay on top of Paul Daley cause he didn't believe in his own standup. Lol this has to be either a 14 yr old gsp fan or a troll

Rory beat Tyron when he wasn't even doing training camps, and never even came close to finishing him.

2017 Tyron sleeps that Bellator bum in 1 round

serra-ko-s-gsp-o.gif

You know boss, I just plain cant agree with your assessment here.

We all saw koschek lay on top of Paul Daley cause he didn't believe in his own standup.

What did Tyron do when he had his shot a year later?

Wall and stall, lay and pray, lost the last round, and was looking like the lesser fighter after 15. Daley would have broken Woodley had that fight went on any longer.

Kos would have broken Daley if that fight went on any longer.

Back