Woodley is basically slower with inferior wrestling of "prime" koscheck that gsp fought.

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodley is nothing new to gsp.hes basically slower with inferior wrestling version of prime koshceck
-koscheck have better wrestling.
-faster hand(faster at throwing single strike and way faster at throwing combo)
-His striking is on par with woodley if not better.(outstriking Anthony Johnson before he submitted him)
-hit just as hard as woodley
-better ground and pound and submission game(second best ground pound and sub game behind gsp(and Maia too(submission))
-nearly beat pre usada hendrick (I think he got robbed)when he's clearly out of his prime
-better cardio

Last edited:
Just stating the obvious
P3UQCyO.gif

Tyron is a better version of the Hendricks that beat GSP into retirement

Run, GSP, run some more

And Koscheck hits as hard as Woodley? Wtf are you smoking
Tyron could do absolutely nothing against Rory, who is a less skilled version of GSP.

If Tyron touches GSP, GSP goes to sleep. GSP gets touched a lot. He often looks worse than the people he "beats."

More like a black Hughes who won't wrestle cuz it's gay

Everyone he's fought, minus the bum that's now in Bellator

Tyron kills the Bellator bum in a rematch
The best wrestler that woodley fought is way out of prime koscheck.and that's it.and he barely show his wrestling at all and you just straight up claimed that he's a better wrestler

He isn´t a showman, but his game despite being simple, is a very tough one to beat. He is a strong wrestler so you´re not taking him down (see Maia fight), he fights defensively so it´s not like you´re gonna counter him throwing reckless combos (see Wonderboy fights), and he is fast and explosive and only needs one to take you out.

He isn´t a showman, but his game despite being simple, is a very tough one to beat. He is a strong wrestler so you´re not taking him down (see Maia fight), he fights defensively so it´s not like you´re gonna counter him throwing reckless combos (see Wonderboy fight), and he is fast and explosive and only needs one to take you out.
Dude did you even read my first comment?maia is a grappler not a offensive wrestler like gsp and koscheck

Last edited:
I can agree with your comparison of their wrestling skills (although both guys were renowned college stars, Koscheck was one of the best in MMA and I've never seen the same consistency there from Woodley), you're completely overlooking a few things:

Woodley Closes the distance phenomenally better than Koschek ever could. Josh had some power, but he didn't have the skills to cut off and engage with Woodleys quickness.

The power of Tyron is beyond most guys who've fought at WW. Up there in Robbie Lawler and Hector Lombard territory.

Woodley is nothing new to gsp.hes basically slower with inferior wrestling version of prime koshceck
-faster hand(faster at throwing single strike and way faster and throwing combo)
-His striking is on par with woodley if not better.(outstriking Anthony Johnson before he submitted him)
-hit just as hard as woodley
Now I think GSP would win , but as far as Koscheck being better than Woodley well...
Woodley-KO.gif

GSP merks him. Stronger, way more athletic, significantly better skillset, higher fight IQ. He has every advantage. Woodley was running away from skinnyfat Damian Maia for crying out loud. No doubt he'd try to pull the same chickenshit gamesmanship against St Pierre, but St Pierre won't let it happen. I see him working the jab all night long, frustrating Tyron with his reach and quickness. Tyron will hug the cage wall like he usually does but Georges overwhelms him with superior strength and athleticism, takes him down, works the ground and pound. It'd be a long night for Woodley.

Tyron is a better version of the Hendricks that beat GSP into retirement

Hendricks and Woodley have very little in common.

One is orthodox, one southpaw, for one thing. One loads up on big right hand counter-punches, the other is an aggressive hand fighter.

If you don't understand the significance of these differences in light of how reliant GSP is on his jab then I suggest you watch some BJJ Scout breakdowns or something.

Back