"Woodley is a boring fighter" - Stephen Thompson

truth. but then again, so is wonderboy when he's fighting woodley.

Wonderboy should fight Lawler.

Yeah I wasn't insulting your boyfriend GSP bud, of course GSP was better than Woodley, the point was they both changed their styles to take less risks once they became champ.

Sensitive much? My point was you can still fight safe and be the aggressor. Woodley's title reign has been largely uneventful and boring, GSP's was calculated and meticulous. Sorry if you didn't get the difference.

pot calling the kettle black lol. maybe he's boring but he almost killed you everytime you engaged him...so you didn't engage. ones boring, the others scared. which ones worse?

Unlike Woodley's barnburner against Maia. I mean that was Nyquil-level exciting.
You might have a point if this thread was about Woodley calling Wonderboy boring.

Made zero effort to pour it on Masvidal either despite have a reach and speed advantage.

The moment he feels a slight danger he's fighting for distance, points, & safety...

Last edited:
There are people who actually think that Conor's fight against Holloway is still relevant, so not surprising.
But but he decisionsed a 21 year old Holloway so that means he'd beat him now.

He's not wrong

I don't know why ppl are arguing, in the two fights they had Woodley basically just stood there with his hand cocked and said if you come near me I'll cork you but I'm not moving no matter what. He wasn't using great movement, technique or anything.

It was a smart gameplan to win, but it was boring as hell. Lots of great sportsmen are boring, doesn't diminish what they've accomplished.

Woodley's title reign has been largely uneventful and boring, GSP's was calculated and meticulous.

You must not have any sense of self awareness. You could literally reverse this statement and it would make just as much sense. In truth, they're both calculated and meticulous fighters. You could say GSP showed more dominance, but dominance doesn't necessarily correlate to being calculated or meticulous. But then at the same time, it's hard to compare them at all due to the quantity of fights GSP has over Tyron.

I want Till to beat Wonderboy because I want to see Woodley vs Till

otherwise idc

also Wonderboy is not exciting at all lately

Considering that WB is a counter fighter he's only exciting when his opponents say F it and rush in over aggressively and get knocked out.

Otherwise it's a staring contest.

Rory and Woodley 2 are some of the most boring fights ever.

Woodley 1 was decent because of Woodley.

Neither fight was exciting between them... But guess that was just Woodley. Come Sunday... we shall find out. Till got them hands.
Till has a lot of weapons, but wonderboy tries to lull people to sleep.

If anyone can make till look boring, it’s wonderboy.

I’d like to see till touch him up and have wonderboy engage, but I doubt he will.

I’m not saying it’s not an effective strategy, I just don’t personally find it much fun to watch.

Boring doesn't necessarily mean Bad or unskilled. Just means the fight is a snorefest till the Decision or last second Finish

Back