"Woodley is a boring fighter" - Stephen Thompson

His boring style is part of what's going to make him hard to beat as the champ, GSP had the same thing once he got the belt back from Serra. Defending a belt is a different strategy than trying to earn a title shot and climb the ranks.

And wonderboy is any better? All we got out of his fights was " here comes my left hand" its coming" im gonna throw it soon" im thinking about it"

But it never came

If you have ever watched any Wonderboy fights outside of the Woodley fights, then yes, you would realize that he is indeed WORLDS better

He was boring after he won the belt. GSP was also known to fight safe to keep his belt. Lawler didn't exactly destroy anyone to defend his belt.

His boring style is part of what's going to make him hard to beat as the champ, GSP had the same thing once he got the belt back from Serra. Defending a belt is a different strategy than trying to earn a title shot and climb the ranks.

He was boring after he won the belt. GSP was also known to fight safe to keep his belt. Lawler didn't exactly destroy anyone to defend his belt.

GSP may have fought safe, but he still took the fight to his opponent. He almost always pushed forward, dictated the pace and didn't just sit back and wait to counter.

He's a goddamn action-filled tyrannosaur compared to Tyron.

What I didn't like about GSP was he'd get dominant position, then do pat pat distraction shots instead of arm triangling Conduit or doing like Hughes' King Kong GNP on Royce.

Yet Mr. Action & activity couldn't do sh!t to the boring fighter in back 2 back fights...

Made zero effort to pour it on Masvidal either despite having a reach and speed advantage.

Last edited:
Wonderboy has no right to talk, it takes two to fight and he could have chosen to attack more instead of just standing there staring at Woodley all round.

Wonderboy: If I can't beat you using my exciting kickboxing skills, I'll just do nothing and coast to a loss.

It's true, Thompson is like Machida, you can't really expect a war. He's trained to fight that way his entire life, Woodley is a Wrestler that just chooses to fight like a pussy.

It’s too bad he doesn’t use his athleticism and his explosiveness

Apparently he koed Whitaker in the last decade, so somehow that is relevant to this thread.

I’ve been informed.

There are people who actually think that Conor's fight against Holloway is still relevant, so not surprising.

GSP may have fought safe, but he still took the fight to his opponent. He almost always pushed forward, dictated the pace and didn't just sit back and wait to counter.

He's a goddamn action-filled tyrannosaur compared to Tyron.

Yeah I wasn't insulting your boyfriend GSP bud, of course GSP was better than Woodley, the point was they both changed their styles to take less risks once they became champ.

Neither fight was exciting between them... But guess that was just Woodley. Come Sunday... we shall find out. Till got them hands.

is this a different video of him saying this? or is it the exact same video as the one in the thread at the top of the 1st page of ufc discussion?

Neither fight was exciting between them... But guess that was just Woodley. Come Sunday... we shall find out. Till got them hands.
I found the first fight super exciting watching it live. Not much replay value though.

Back