Woodley is 36. Thompson is 35. Which one shows up old first?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Woodley is 36 and Thompson is 35.

Time and time again, fighters will look great in all their fights, and then just randomly look flat due to age or fight miles.

Given that both these fighters take little to no damage, they probably don't age like other Welterweights such as Lawler and Cerrone.

My question is, which one will show up to the octagon looking old and flat first?

giphy.gif

Not Woodley...

GSP is 36. Why can’t he fight either of those guys?

Let's not forget that Woodley is 36 and Thompson is 35.

Time and time again, fighters will look great in all their fights, and then just randomly look flat due to age or fight miles.

Given that both these fighters take little to no damage, they probably don't age like other Welterweights such as Lawler and Cerrone.

My question is, which one will show up to the octagon looking old and flat first?

I think Woodley is a journeyman type fighter who got lucky over another journeyman type fighter in Lawlor.

Didn't think his run will last long at all. I don't see him beating Colby, Usman or Till.

When he does, it won't be because he got old over night. He just isn't very good, and definitely the best WW in the world isn't him.

Rory made him look like a child not that long ago in his 'prime' pfft

woodley better start fuqn people up in MW soon if he wants his legacy to be great !!

Woodley's style ages better. Marginally.

Machida has proven karatekas who keep their hands low have a short shelf-life once their reflexes start to go.

Leaner guys look younger. So Woody is doomed.

I know, that´s racist

I think Woodley is a journeyman type fighter who got lucky over another journeyman type fighter in Lawlor.

Didn't think his run will last long at all. I don't see him beating Colby, Usman or Till.

When he does, it won't be because he got old over night. He just isn't very good, and definitely the best WW in the world isn't him.

Woodley has beat too many good fighters for me to agree with your analysis. He’s boring but his skills and power can’t be denied.

Woodley's style ages better. Marginally.

Machida has proven karatekas who keep their hands low have a short shelf-life once their reflexes start to go.
Very true. Once the reflexes go, it's all downhill.

The problem is Colby and Usman aren't particularly good strikers. At least not yet. They are two of the easiest matches for him in the division.

I can see Woodley doing a Dan Hendo type late career.

Wonderboy will have a lot more trouble.

Wonderboy since his style more heavily relies on speed and reflexes.

Rory made him look like a child, Lawlor beat Rory and Woodley ko'ed Lawlor. How did he get lucky again? I mean he meant to punch robbies lights out and he did, is that really luck?

The problem is Colby and Usman aren't particularly good strikers. At least not yet. They are two of the easiest matches for him in the division.

You just watch.

Woodley would going to lose against those two.

Woodley is a journeyman but Colby and Usman aren't?

Back