Woodley has ligament damage in hand, no fracture

Imagine tearing your penis doing penis curls.

it can mean that, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

this is really just an update to "maybe my hand is broken". part 1, it isn't broken; it's a ligament thing. that was within 1.5 days of the fight. next step is to determine how extreme of a ligament thing it is.

Of course it's not 100% determined what it is but I'd imagine it's not very bad given that any type of major ligament injury would've resulted in a lot of swelling by now. Small sprains can feel awful in the moment too, so I am not surprised his first record was that it might be a broken hand.

it can mean that, but it doesn't necessarily mean that.

this is really just an update to "maybe my hand is broken". part 1, it isn't broken; it's a ligament thing. that was within 1.5 days of the fight. next step is to determine how extreme of a ligament thing it is.
Nah bro, they're probably doctors. So they have full right to call him a pussy. Or something like that. #Sherbros

I give Woodley props for a great fight against Till. It was probably the best performance of his career outside of maybe the Lawler fight. Still, this isn't a surprise at all. He always has some injury that he's nursing or talking about possiblly getting surgery for. I think a lot of his injuries tend to be negotiation tactics.

Live video stream with Tyron Woodley after he defeated Darren Till by second-round submission in the main event Saturday night in Dallas to retain the UFC welterweight title.

Three Degrees of Ligament Sprains
  • First degree: Your ankle's ligaments have stretched too far but have not torn. Symptoms might include:
  • Second degree: The is the most common type of sprain and results in a partial tear of the ligament. ...
  • Third degree: In the most severe type of sprain, the ligament has been completely torn.

Ligament damage as in not even a tear? Just some hyperextension or something along that line? Good, will probably be good to train in less than 2 weeks at full speed and that's being cautious.

Hand ligament damage can take months to heal without surgery.

Hand ligament damage can take months to heal without surgery.

Well yeah, that goes for any ligament if it's actually torn.

It's really no big deal most of the time, I had plenty of times where I've injuried fingers and the hand. It's annoying but most of the time you can let it even heal while training.

Well yeah, that goes for any ligament if it's actually torn.

It's really no big deal most of the time, I had plenty of times where I've injuried fingers and the hand. It's annoying but most of the time you can let it even heal while training.

It doesn't need to be fully torn for it to take months to recover fully.

In some cases squeezing cans be tough. That would cause problems for an athlete

did you miss his other 4 championship fights that took place within a much shorter span of time?
its a joke bruh... woodley proved me wrong once again. I thought age and time off would take a toll on him but he looked incredible.

"listen Goofs, Woodley isnt set to fight in October due to a sprained wrist so we are stripping him"

Ligament damage is an excellent injury to give a fighter a bit of time off. At least enough time to force Dana White into giving him what he wants. :)

#warwoodley

After Woodley v Till could you imagine how bad Woodley would have wrecked Conor? May have been the first death in the ring.

Good that there isn't a break, lets hope its a minor issue.

Would certainly love to see Woodley scrap again this year.

perfect! Darren "the Damage" ...wait, that sounds familiar

images

Back