Won't you be my neighbor? Film

LoL at some horseshit feel good documentary.
  • Fred Rogers served as a Navy SEAL sniper during the Vietnam War, with a large number of confirmed kills to his credit.
  • Fred Rogers always wore long-sleeved shirts and sweaters on his show to conceal the tattoos on his arms he obtained while serving in the military.
FACT
Perhaps you shouldve watched the trailer before you posted these horseshit FACTS
Theres a scene that shows him in a swimming pool wearing nothing but a pair of shorts
FACT
His upperbody is completely exposed and there is not a single tattoo to be seen
FACT
Youre a gullible idiot
FACT

His show was boring, and the creepy puppets scared me as a small child.

No. Plenty of cynical people have looked for dirt or started rumors because of his longevity in working with young kids and superhuman levels of kindness, and came up empty handed every time. The man was beyond reproach.

Good point. It's best not to assume that a grown man that looks gay, dresses gay, acts guy, plays with puppets, and spends lots of time with young children is certainly not a pedophile. Yup. Best not to assume that. Probably also best to think think grown religious men who are celibate and wear white gowns and spend lots of time with young children are saints.

Good point. It's best not to assume that a grown man that looks gay, dresses gay, acts guy, plays with puppets, and spends lots of time with young children is certainly not a pedophile. Yup. Best not to assume that. Probably also best to think think grown religious men who are celibate and wear white gowns and spend lots of time with young children are saints.
Who hurt you?

Why does the thought if a genuinely nice man trigger you so much?

My wife and I watched it tonight. It was awesome to see Mr Rogers again. Im glad nothing ever came out bad about him. He is a person we should all strive to be but personally thatd be hard to do.

Children need this kind of person on tv again. This documentary is a must watch.

He gets a lot of shit for his over the top nice personality, but fact is, society would be better off if kids still had these shows to watch. Mr Rogers, Sesame Street, and Electric Co, all had substance. Kids shows these days are pure garbage.

That being said, I laugh almost as much as my kids when watching Teen Titans Go.

As cheesy as this sounds... holy shit, it is so refreshing to see posts like this. I 100% agree. And we (see, us common folks) should also do our part and try to treat each other better. We could influence this negative, angry ass culture for the better if we all just tried a little more!

• Fred Rogers served as a Navy SEAL sniper during the Vietnam War, with a large number of confirmed kills to his credit.
  • Fred Rogers always wore long-sleeved shirts and sweaters on his show to conceal the tattoos on his arms he obtained while serving in the military.
FACT

giphy.gif

FACT
smh

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Human's dont like people who come off as almost perfect people. We must find a flaw and destroy that person. We will accept a flaw and love their comeback story but if they are just a good person, we must vilify them.

Side note:

Did super troopers steal "mew it going" from mr rogers? Im serious. In the documentary , mr rogers daniel the tiger would say mew in sentences. The super troopers did that and it became popular. Was this a coincidence or was it on purpose?

Watched it earlier today.

Definitely a touching documentary.

Dude was the same off screen as he was on - an actual "good person."

Unfortunately I don't see him or his show faring all that well in today's society. Kinda sad, really.

Back