Wonderboys pay is shocking

Karateka fight for honor, not money and bitches.

Show me a picture of Wonderboy in a fancy car or next to an attractive woman - u can't.
Pia+Wurtzbach+Gotham+Magazine+Celebrates+Winter+vcxKmYpyOtjl.jpg

Commissions are usually stuck using old numbers from an outdated contract. His pay is substantially higher.
I don’t believe they are using the Commissions solely for their data as they have figures for certain ones that apparently don’t disclose at all.

Last edited:
There’s no smoke without fire buddy. Check some other fighters out. It adds up. What it doesn’t say for certain is Ppv cut obviously but I don’t believe wonderboy has been a regular recipient of that anyway.

If you think AC reports are accurate for fighters at his level, you are fooling yourself
Its been explained many times how many different ways fighters get paid
It is why many fighters that left UFC for more money have lesser AC reports with Bellator
But keep believing ;)

If you think AC reports are accurate for fighters at his level, you are fooling yourself
It is why many fighters that left UFC for more money have lesser AC reports with Bellator
But keep believing ;)
That website never stated they even get their figures from ac reports. they have figures for fights where the ac doesn’t even disclose. <seedat>

But keep believing ;)
It could be explained a 100 times, but why when the evidence only needs to be posted once?

He should start kicking people in the face when they hand him a contract like that.

This crazy stuff happens, wasn't Nate Diaz on some BS 20k/20k deal before he fought Conor????

Yeah and it was like that most of his career. People call him a whiner but he makes a lot of good points about deserving more money. Now he’s fine but before he got fuck all. He fought everybody they wanted him to fight, all were entertaining(lots of bonuses), etc. Never once did Nate really ask for shit or actually negotiate contract n shit (his own fault, he used to think 10k was like being rich).

As years went by his pay never rose and he said fuck you im not fighting. He had a big fan base and all that. Nate was no mega star but he truth is he actually was still damn popular fucking 10 years ago pretty much,him and Nick. So he said fuck you I’m not fighting, and unlike most he didn’t crack under the pressure from anybody, he waited and basically fought the UFC until they finally paid him a little more.

Then he called out Conor and Dana and co realized wow we can actually make money from this guy vs. Conor compared to Conor vs anybody else. And here we are today. Nate is paid well enough now but guaranteed he’s gonna push it as far as possible for a 3rd Conor fight to see how much more he can get. Wouldn’t you?

People hate on Nate over this kinda shit but he did the right thing. So did Nick.

Last edited:

Show me a picture of Wonderboy in a fancy car or next to an attractive woman - u can't.

His MK4 Supra is pretty nice.

Also pre UFC he was around 4 million. So he doesnt really need money.

I have been following this whole mess of darren till missing weight closely. I hear that Stephen will receive 30 percent of Darren’s fight purse.

This got my wondering what does this really mean? Is this money worth it for wonderboy?
It turns out that i really don’t know the answer to that.
Every little helps I guess. the guy is getting paid fucking peanuts.

Wonderboys disclosed pay structure is disgusting imo.
The guy is one of the very top guys, former title challenger.

Take a look at this :

http://thesportsdaily.com/2017/11/05/stephen-thompson-career-earnings-fox11/

In wonderboys last fight against masvidal he only earned 29k/ 29k plus 10k reebok. Am I missing something here?

According to that very same source till earned 16k/16k against cerrone.

Does the 30 percent mean total including tills show and win ( if he wins)?

If this is only show then that only amounts to $4800. Is that really
worth it ?
Thompson stands to make an extra 4800 to fight a guy much heavier and could risk messing up his career with a devasting loss
Wonderboy was expected to be a world beater, with star power across multiple demographics and be a draw for the tens of thousands of kids and adults who practice and follow Karate.

Instead, he's a so-so performer, with a mildly increasing collection of wins. He still can't carry a PPV. His presence hasn't translated into any increase in karate enthusiasts or big-booty bishes, and he doesn't exactly strike fear in the hears of top fighters.

He was being overpaid and now they are trying to incentivize him by making him earn those six figure checks back.

For 15/25 minutes work? They got any jobs going?

I love when average people compare their average life/job to someone with extraordinary talent. Someone who is considered 2nd-3rd best in a stacked weight class in a super competitive and brutal sport/trade like MMA. He should be paid demonstrably more than someone like you, or some guy who works a trash guy job.

Dear lord these are always cringy threads.

Fuck me..
People bitch but dont even click the link!
"Mar 4/17 – L (Woodley) – $410,000 ($380,000 to show, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)"

The fight people like the TS is bitching about
Nov 4/17 – W (Masvidal) – $68,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 win bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

the * = * denotes an estimated purse !!!!!

<{hughesimpress}>

I highly doubt he only got paid that much against Masvidal, he got paid 380,000 against Tyron the second time.

doesn’t include any PPV bonuses or other bonuses

UFC 143 – Feb 4/12 – W (Stittgen) – $77,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus, $65,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)
UFC 145 – Apr 21/12 – L (Brown) – $8,000
UFC 160 – May 25/13 – W (Burrell) – $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 win bonus)
UFC 165 – Sept 21/13 – W (Clements) – $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus)*
UFC 170 – Feb 22/14 – W (Whittaker) – $78,000 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)
UFC 178 – Sept 27/14 – W (Cote) – $32,000 ($16,000 to show, $16,000 win bonus)
UFC Fight Night: Ellenberger vs Thompson – Jul 12/15 – W (Ellenberger) – $97,000 ($21,000 to show, $21,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)
UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs Thompson – Feb 6/16 – W (Hendricks) – $103,000 ($24,000 to show, $24,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)
UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs Thompson – Jun 18/16 – W (MacDonald) – $59,000 ($27,000 to show, $27,000 win bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)*
UFC 205 – Nov 12/16 – D (Woodley) – $460,000 ($380,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)*
UFC 209 – Mar 4/17 – L (Woodley) – $410,000 ($380,000 to show, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)
UFC 217 – Nov 4/17 – W (Masvidal) – $68,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 win bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

Total Career Earnings: $1,432,000

http://thesportsdaily.com/2017/11/05/stephen-thompson-career-earnings-fox11/
Damn fighting for a championship is crazy monetary gains no wonder guys like Covington are doing anything they can to fight for a belt.

Because Wonderboy can't afford it because they don't pay him shit.

You don't think he'd like a nice car that he could buy with the pay a top contender should be able to sfford?

Back