Wonderboy wants oblique kicks banned - blames them for MCL Tear

and a lot of fighters aren't the same after an oblique kick sooo , if the fighter wanna be a fighter it's their decision but let's not ruin the career over stupid oblique kicks that should've been banned a while go

You want to ban the kick because of POTENTIAL outcomes that you are willing to totally ignore it they from other techniques. I’m not convinced that you’re actually worried about saving anybody’s career.

This is sad lol.

Is there where im supposed to insult you for being new to mma? I made an alt in 2011? So ive been around even longer than 2011?

You know if you had just went after my ideas you wouldnt look like a loser who brags about how many posts he has on a karate forum?
whitebelt alt. Who got banned for being a shitty poster ironically talking about what's sad LOL

Everyone that Cro Cop ever headkicked should have had months of rehab. They just didn't do it. Their brains are permanently damaged.
You can tell who has never had a fight by those that think fighters are recoverd from brutal knock outs because they are already in the cage again. It can take a year, easily, to be back at 90%. You just don't need all your brain to fight, as fuck as that is to say.

I got knocked out in boxing while i was in college. I finished my engineering degree but fuck was that shit hard after the ko. Math became so much harder to look at.

The entire point of head shots is to cause enough brain damage to shut off the brain. Just like the entire point of knee kicks are to cause enough knee damage to shut off the leg. They're both directly targeting the human brain or body and trying to damage it enough to shut it down...........
but when a fighter throws it they dont hope it injures the opponent.... if you throw an oblique kick thats exactly what you hope for, otherwise its pointless.

If a headkick doesnt KO an opponent it still has effect, if an oblique kick doesnt injure the knee its a totally worthless manouvre

You want to ban the kick because of POTENTIAL outcomes that you are willing to totally ignore it they from other techniques. I’m not convinced that you’re actually worried about saving anybody’s career.
longtevitity goes a long way , overeem is almost 40 being knocked out 18 times still kicking and whooping as, I guarantee if they pulled the oblique kick on him and ducked his knee He wouldn't be able to hang with the top ten these days

No they shouldn't be banned.

Wonderboy out all of people should know that he & other fighters need to learn how to counter the oblique kicks with timing, speed and angles.

Simply just throwing strikes in a straight line will not work.

Last edited:
You can tell who has never had a fight by those that think fighters are recoverd from brutal knock outs because they are already in the cage again. It can take a year, easily, to be back at 90%. You just don't need all your brain to fight, as fuck as that is to say.

I got knocked out in boxing while i was in college. I finished my engineering degree but fuck was that shit hard after the ko. Math became so much harder to look at.
its because you have no chin and let the anxiety take the best of you. Mentality weak tbh

A wheel-kick to the face is most definitely to intentionally injure your opponent.

This also may most definitely alter or end someones career.

It gets tricky when you decide to ban some techniques and keep others.
HEGX7o6.gif

lets just legalise everything

lol did you just blame brain damage for Cats losses?

Well, if running straight at Ronda and then saying "I didn't know she was going to arm bar me" isn't brain damage, I'm not sure what is... ;)

Yeah I don't think they look cool, can't think of one that got me stoked. Get rid of em. Fighters don't like em, and I won't miss em.

Im a big fan of WB, as much outside the cage as inside. This sounds like sour rhetorical grapes though. Oh he was trying to injure you? Imagine that. Learn to defend or use a stance thats less prone to having your knee fucked up by that kick. 12-6 elbows also need to be unbanned and Bones should have his DQ revoked.

I've never had a fight. I've just talked to older guys that box. Guys with just like 2-3 amateur fights often sound retarded in their 40s. It's so obvious all these guys are brain damaged. Anyone with a pro record has to have some kind of permanent brain damage. It may not be visible the but the individual fighters know they have it. It's as you said -- you need 100% of your knee to fight but only 10% of your brain. So you can fuck up your knee and you gotta sit out, you fuck up your brain all day long and fight forever.

longtevitity goes a long way , overeem is almost 40 being knocked out 18 times still kicking and whooping as, I guarantee if they pulled the oblique kick on him and ducked his knee He wouldn't be able to hang with the top ten these days

Chris Holdsworth’s career ended after just six pro fights due to head trauma in training.

You can’t make “guarantees” about scenarios that only exist in your imagination.

Of course wonderboy is upset about someone trying to **gasp** hurt his opponent and, my god, finish a fight.

If a headkick doesnt KO an opponent it still has effect, if an oblique kick doesnt injure the knee its a totally worthless manouvre
Yes, and the effect is brain damage, even if it doesn't KO. Brain damage that will never heal. Enough kicks to the head that don't KO, and you get very bad CTE just like someone who gets KO'd a lot.

Back