Wonderboy wants oblique kicks banned - blames them for MCL Tear

Yeah I agree, those kicks to the knees are horrible

Next time kick them in the head so they go unconscious get a concussion and potentially brain damage, far less dangerous.

Your hypothetical is silly. You don’t have the data to back it up. And you don’t actually speak for all mma fighters.

Some fighters are never the same after a particularly bad KO. Surgery can follow a shot to the head as well.
and a lot of fighters aren't the same after an oblique kick sooo , if the fighter wanna be a fighter it's their decision but let's not ruin the career over stupid oblique kicks that should've been banned a while go

I say ban them. They don't give me the JB style KO's I want to see, but they do nerf KO power and put people out for an excessive period of time.

I JUST WANT EM TO BANG, BRO

Everyone that Cro Cop ever headkicked should have had months of rehab. They just didn't do it. Their brains are permanently damaged.
but there were no visible signs of injury, no rehab was required and they didnt have to postpone their careers due to rehab

Concussions are objectively worse than MCL tears. No point banning oblique kicks unless you ban head punches and kicks as well.

Any strike can but they almost never do.

You know ehat almost always does? Oblique kicks.

It is not evem comparable.

Oblique kicks don’t “almost always” land people in the hospital. Now you’re just being dishonest.

Pushkicks to the knee make it very easy to do longterm damage to the knee with just one kick - without winning the fight for the other guy, and causing long layoffs and potential career dropoffs - which takes away from the sport for a technique that really should be limited to self-defense situations in the streets.
MMA isn't better from the proliferation of this attack.
It's just an asshole move that can ruin careers and damage health. The rules are pretty much designed to avoid longterm damage happening from one move, since this is supposedly a sport.
If the push kick to the knee were such an easy technique to cause damage, every MMA fighter would be using them. That isn't the case.

but there were no visible signs of injury, no rehab was required and they didnt have to postpone their careers due to rehab
There definitely were signs of injury to the brain; fighters that get KOd and suffer from brain damage just don't talk about their memory problems, mental fog, mental illness, psychotic thoughts, paranoia, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol addictions, etc.

Rehab was required. The fighters just didn't do it.

A fighter with a torn MCL could just train and fight through it without rehabbing too -- and end up physically disabled. Just like most fighters probably have mental disabilities from brain damage. You just can't physically "see" the brain.

So you want to be a fucking fighter?

Legal kick, should be utilized more often. Ripping up your opponents knees makes them slower for future shots. If you're scared of being hit by them, learn effective counters.

If the push kick to the knee were such an easy technique to cause damage, every MMA fighter would be using them. That isn't the case.
because they're not dickheads, it's not a hard technique , 12 year olds can pull it off

Cat Zingano had multiple knee surgeries which required lots of rehab time.... ask her what was more of a burden to her career? But again, those are unintended consequences of fighting, there are no unintended consequences from an oblique kick..... its goal is to blow out the knee
Considering the brain damage from the Nunes fight has led to her going on a 3-fight losing streak, I'd say that.

There definitely were signs of injury to the brain; fighters that get KOd just don't talk about it.

Rehab was required. The fighters just didn't do it.

A fighter with a torn MCL could just train and fight through it without rehabbing too -- and end up physically disabled. Just like most fighters probably have mental disabilities from brain damage. You just can't physically "see" the brain.
but again, those are indirect consequences from headkicks, MCL and ACL injuries are direct consequences of oblique kicks. Thats why they should be banned, its a total dick move.

Considering the brain damage from the Nunes fight has led to her going on a 3-fight losing streak, I'd say that.
lol did you just blame brain damage for Cats losses?

You seriously think UFC fighters care more about not being dickheads than winning?
most fighters arent trying to purposely injure their opponents

you can want to win without being a cunt

so you made an alt because your shit posting got your other account banned ? That's an L
This is sad lol.

Is there where im supposed to insult you for being new to mma? I made an alt in 2011? So ive been around even longer than 2011?

You know if you had just went after my ideas you wouldnt look like a loser who brags about how many posts he has on a karate forum?

A wheel-kick to the face is most definitely to intentionally injure your opponent.

This also may most definitely alter or end someones career.

It gets tricky when you decide to ban some techniques and keep others.

but again, those are indirect consequences from headkicks, MCL and ACL injuries are direct consequences of oblique kicks. Thats why they should be banned, its a total dick move.
The entire point of head shots is to cause enough brain damage to shut off the brain. Just like the entire point of knee kicks are to cause enough knee damage to shut off the leg. They're both directly targeting the human brain or body and trying to damage it enough to shut it down...........

Back