Wonderboy wants oblique kicks banned - blames them for MCL Tear

Josh Koscheck would like to say hi.
if you are implying that GSP intended to break Koschecks face you are reaching

he was taking advantage of the fact Kos couldnt see, he wasnt aware he was causing a terrible injury

I want punches banned, guys get KO'd all the time and lose their chins. It ends careers.

Yes, and the effect is brain damage, even if it doesn't KO. Brain damage that will never heal. Enough kicks to the head that don't KO, and you get very bad CTE just like someone who gets KO'd a lot.
you are totally ignoring my point by focusing only on this part of my post

you are totally ignoring my point by focusing only on this part of my post
Because it doesn't make sense. Fighters hope to score and/or injure an opponent badly enough that they can't continue to fight with every strike. An oblique kick that doesn't injure someone scores, just like a head kick that doesn't KO someone scores. The difference is that the latter is extremely unhealthy to be on the receiving end of.

lol did you just blame brain damage for Cats losses?
You asked me what was more of a burden to her career. After blowing her knee out, she came back a year and a half later and finished the current UFC women's BW champion. Since getting her brains scrambled by Nunes, she's lost 3 in a row. If you don't believe brain damage is why she's been losing, that's a whole other topic.

Oblique kicks don’t “almost always” land people in the hospital. Now you’re just being dishonest.
They frequently end in fighters getting long lay offs just like WB, many times worse. More consistently than any other strike. They land people in the hospital more often then they do not.

And they land people in the hospital far more often than leg locks do.

Because it doesn't make sense. Fighters hope to score and/or injure an opponent badly enough that they can't continue to fight with every strike. An oblique kick that doesn't injure someone scores, just like a head kick that doesn't KO someone scores. The difference is that the latter is extremely unhealthy to be on the receiving end of.
if it doesnt injure someone it doesnt show any effect, its only reason for existence is to hyperextend the knee. any other strike(legkick, body shot etc) are not designed only to cause serious injury.

surely you can tell the difference between a normal strike and a dickish strike

You asked me what was more of a burden to her career. After blowing her knee out, she came back a year and a half later and finished the current UFC women's BW champion. Since getting her brains scrambled by Nunes, she's lost 3 in a row. If you don't believe brain damage is why she's been losing, that's a whole other topic.
yeah and I bet she would rather be active than rehabbing her knee. She was able to sit through a podcast with Joe so her brain damage cant be that serious

if you are implying that GSP intended to break Koschecks face you are reaching

he was taking advantage of the fact Kos couldnt see, he wasnt aware he was causing a terrible injury
If you are implying GSP would've stopped jabbing Koscheck's face if he knew how extensive the damage was, you are reaching.

If you are implying GSP would've stopped jabbing Koscheck's face if he knew how extensive the damage was, you are reaching.
so you admit he was unaware of the seriousness of the injury, so no.... its still you thats reaching

If the push kick to the knee were such an easy technique to cause damage, every MMA fighter would be using them. That isn't the case.
Practically almost everybody IS using it when almost nobody used it before.
Pretty much everybody from Jackson/Wink uses it and that's a big camp, and others copycat. It went from something you rarely see, to something that happens all of the time.

so you admit he was unaware of the seriousness of the injury, so no.... its still you thats reaching
What? I can't tell at this point if you're trolling or just an incredibly obtuse person. It's not the fighter's job to worry about the health of his or her opponent. That's the referee's job. Fighters are only concerned about winning, and they'll do whatever is necessary to achieve that. Jose Aldo kept kicking KZ's arm after his shoulder dislocated. James Krause didn't stop fighting when Jamie Varner was flopping all over the place.

Well why not? If MMA now a real sport so in other words any sport should be concerned about the safety of their athletes.
I mean there's is a reason you have rules like no stomps, no knees on the ground, no headbutts, etc. So I wonder a bunch of a**h**es here keep pretending that MMA is a aerious "real" fight. I mean what's the argument here?

if it doesnt injure someone it doesnt show any effect, its only reason for existence is to hyperextend the knee. any other strike(legkick, body shot etc) are not designed only to cause serious injury.

surely you can tell the difference between a normal strike and a dickish strike
No one "designed" strikes. All punches and kicks to the head are dangerous and are a far more "dickish strike" than oblique kicks which, even if wildly successful, will only damage the knee, a far less important part of the human body than the brain.

Not to mention that oblique kicks absolutely do have an effect even if they don't injure you. They are extremely good for stopping someone's advance. And it's another threat to consider, which makes getting other strikes in easier. And so on.

What? I can't tell at this point if you're trolling or just an incredibly obtuse person. It's not the fighter's job to worry about the health of his or her opponent. That's the referee's job. Fighters are only concerned about winning, and they'll do whatever is necessary to achieve that. Jose Aldo kept kicking KZ's arm after his shoulder dislocated. James Krause didn't stop fighting when Jamie Varner was flopping all over the place.
the part Ive highlighted is exactly the point Ive been making..... a fighter throwing any other strike is just trying to win. They are not trying to cause brain damage when throwing a headkick etc

but the only reason to throw an oblique kick is to cause injury. it shouldnt be allowed as it doesnt add to the excitement of a fight, they ruin fights

oh but it's ok for him to try and head kick people in the face but they can't kick his knee. Stupid idea to ban them.

No one "designed" strikes. All punches and kicks to the head are dangerous and are a far more "dickish strike" than oblique kicks which, even if wildly successful, will only damage the knee, a far less important part of the human body than the brain.

Not to mention that oblique kicks absolutely do have an effect even if they don't injure you. They are extremely good for stopping someone's advance.
why cant you break fingers when grappling then? Or toes? its less dangerous than a strike to the head

because its a dick move and ruins fights

edit: also no, other strikes are not as dickish as a correctly landed oblique kick. its one of the cuntiest moves you can throw whilst striking

probably won't happen. I can see his point but wouldnt it be better just to learn to defend it?

Uh if top professional fighters (WB, Whittaker, Yoel) get hit with that kick how is a keyboard warrior gonna say learn to properly defend??

Ban fighting in MMA. I mean someone could get hurt

Absolutely, real fighting should be banned from MMA. MMA is a fighting sport and like any other sport it should evolve and be open for continual improvement.

Back