Wonderboy Thompson vs The Immortal Brown

1. Nope, don't use those either....

2. Priceless.... Reminds me of the guys in the "Ultimate Fighter" Vegas house.... :rolleyes:

KarateStylist

Lets break this down by things you do not use/do:
heavy bags
focus mitts
kicking pads
paddles
sparring above 80%

You either a master-troll or a kid...

heavy bags
focus mitts
kicking pads
paddles
sparring above 80%

KarateStylist

P.S. there's a website called Shotokan Way, with all kind of karate 'experts' saying traditional karate training doesn't work. They say this because they've never gone beyond the physicality of the art, when in fact traditional karate is not a physical art.

Traditional karate is a mental discipline.... It's the mental capability that drives the physical form. Most notable, Shotokan way describes and analyses kata as if kata were a physical exercise.... Kata is a mind-driven exercise, and later internal power, where the mind exercises exacting control over the body....

Heavy bag away..................................... :icon_lol:

KarateStylist [again]

^^ Nitwits $1,000.00 per hour....

Greg Jackson, he's you're real friend :D

KarateStylist

heavy bags
focus mitts
kicking pads
paddles
sparring above 80%

Yes, and tanning's the rage tooooooo......[image removed by user]

KarateStylist

Last edited:

KarateStylist

P.S. there's a website called Shotokan Way, with all kind of karate 'experts' saying traditional karate training doesn't work. They say this because they've never gone beyond the physicality of the art, when in fact traditional karate is not a physical art.

Traditional karate is a mental discipline.... It's the mental capability that drives the physical form. Most notable, Shotokan way describes and analyses kata as if kata were a physical exercise.... Kata is a mind-driven exercise, and later internal power, where the mind exercises exacting control over the body....

Heavy bag away..................................... :icon_lol:

KarateStylist [again]

Almost all contemporary neuroscientists (with a biological foundation) rejected mind-body dualism and view what you are talking about as a single-minded immersion or flow. This mind-set can be achieved with anything one does, from karate forms, to sowing focus mitts.

I say this more for people stumbling upon this page, instead your trolling comments.

1. Either set of principles can be applied. A bjillion losers in MMA use the standard focus mitt training..... Ergo all losers use focus pads.... Your statement & criticisms are pure rhetoric....

2. See Point 1. If the worst are doing focus mitt drills, is there is massive invalidity to it...???

3. Yes, focus pads are standard fare @ many karate schools. I believe Kyokushinkai was among the 1st karate styles to adopt focus pads.... So keep using them....
I don't use focus pads & never will....

A competent instructor would approach the issue by addressing it how??? :icon_conf

Will be putting up a vid of Machida doing the same thing Thompson did pre-UFC 145 (where WB took a drubbing from a MMA journeyman (as one pre-eminent poster here, Ethan, put it.)).

Be happy Jukai :D Keep using focus pads..........

KarateStylist

99124221did_not_read.gif

KS for the win. Dude managed to get 280something posts talking complete crap. Well done Sir!

Almost all contemporary neuroscientists (with a biological foundation) rejected mind-body dualism and view what you are talking about as a single-minded immersion or flow. This mind-set can be achieved with anything one does, from karate forms, to sowing focus mitts....

I'm glad you brought in the contemporaries..... was worried there for a minute....

....mind-body dualism.... vs. single-mind immersion flow.... I'm on the right track now.... Whew..... :redface:

"nomilkforsanta" to wonderboy.... come in.... The answer to your face hammered in by Brown's GNP....

KarateStylist

Last edited:
KS for the win. Dude managed to get 280something posts talking complete crap. Well done Sir!

No way, my posts lack complete contemporaneous crap....

V V V

Almost all contemporary neuroscientists (with a biological foundation) rejected mind-body dualism and view what you are talking about as a single-minded immersion or flow. This mind-set can be achieved with anything one does, from karate forms, to sowing focus mitts.

I say this more for people stumbling upon this page, instead your trolling comments.

TO: WB, WB's Kempo instructor dad, ditch the focus pads for some contemporary dualistic flow of the single-minded.... Had you headed in the wrong direction.... sorry to all, esp. NMFS.

KarateStylist

No way, my posts lack complete contemporaneous crap....

V V V

TO: WB, WB's Kempo instructor dad, ditch the focus pads for some contemporary dualistic flow of the single-minded.... Had you headed in the wrong direction.... sorry to all, esp. NMFS.

KarateStylist

like WHY, why wont you let this thread die for shits sake ,, start another one about what your karate beliefs are , im sure there are lots of guys who would want to debate in that thread ,, i just want to know how old are you , and do you really train at a legit karate school ,,, im serious

like WHY, why wont you let this thread die for shits sake ,, start another one about what your karate beliefs are , im sure there are lots of guys who would want to debate in that thread ,, i just want to know how old are you , and do you really train at a legit karate school ,,, im serious

He's between 15 and 25 and does TangSooDo in a US McDojo. Oh, and his instructors are either 1) afraid to spar with him or 2) in total awe of his badassery. That's all we know about KarateStylist. Tried to take pictures but they all came out blurry, just like Yeti and Nessie. :icon_chee

He's between 15 and 25 and does TangSooDo in a US McDojo. Oh, and his instructors are either 1) afraid to spar with him or 2) in total awe of his badassery. That's all we know about KarateStylist. Tried to take pictures but they all came out blurry, just like Yeti and Nessie. :icon_chee

yeti and nessie ,,, very nice lol,,
im a firm believer in letting a person voice their opinion , but how he hasnt gotten the shit knocked out of himself by now,only leaves me the conclusion that he is just a kid with a keyboard ,, there is no way any one who has actually trained in any combat sport has some of his beliefs .

The irony of posting in a thread about letting that particular thread die, thus reviving that very same thread is not lost on me.

But in all seriousness, 300 posts is a lot for the wonderboy thompson fight. Are we even discussing that fight anymore? Im lost

The irony of posting in a thread about letting that particular thread die, thus reviving that very same thread is not lost on me.

irony ,, im guilty of 20 posts on this thread as well ,,, can we rename the thread , is that allowed

So many good threads in this section...I'm ashamed this shit has this many posts in it.

Well the actual fight talk ended about 30 pages ago.

Back