Wonderboy Delusional in MMA Hour Interview?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TheMMAnalyst, Jan 11, 2017 at 2:26 PM.

1. TheMMAnalyst Green Belt

TheMMAnalyst
    From Monday's MMA Hour:

Claims at first he didn't think Tyron deserved a 10-8 in the 4th because he finished the last minute on top and was "raining down punches" in his opinion.

LOL - Wonderboy almost died like 3 times in the round and was lightly flailing around in T-Wood's guard for around a minute, just PRAYING they wouldn't get stood up. Did literally 0 damage whatsoever, Tyron was gassed from going for the finish so chose to just stall and wait it out in a neutral position. IMO this is the definition of a 10-7 round, those are just never handed out because judges don't know how to score fights.

MEMBER BERRIES

http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/Tyron_Woodley_Drops_Stephen_Thompson_UFC_205/10003637
    http://i.imgur.com/ZQE993f.jpg

Then claims that Tyron just "laid on him" in the first when Tyron outstuck him 50-1, cut his face in multiple places to the point where he was wiping blood off his face and didn't know where his corner was for 10 seconds....

MEMBER BERRIES

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/...age.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_960/image.jpg

-----

I'm not a T-Wood nuthugger (just recently became a fan during the build-up to UFC 205 because he was getting so much unwarranted hate); I scored the first fight a draw because Unified Rules suck, under any other scoring method Woodley is the clear victor but Unified Rules reward point fighting.

Just rubs me the wrong way how through the entire interview Wonderboy plays it off that T-Wood is scared of him and didn't really hurt him repeatedly in the first fight. I can see why T-Wood gets hated on (arrogance/racism claims to explain unpopularity) but don't get the Wonderboy love when he says shit like this that is so blatantly untrue.

mraa1, MMAart, Yashabo and 17 others like this.
  2. Zefram Cochrane Black belt in touch-butt jitsu

Zefram Cochrane
    All fighters talk like that and the act those two have put up grew old.

Hopefully they get in there and one of them gets ktfo'd so the division can move on.

3. lyndon955 Green Belt

lyndon955
    Wonderboy made a legit Shadface in that 4th round

Woodley gets so much hate its ridiculous, I get he says some stupid stuff but the amount of hate he gets is unwarranted

Considering when Gastelum came in overweight and got fined 20% Woodley gave it back to him

How many fighters have done that? Never heard of anyone else doing it. I think that shows what kind of person he is really.

4. Phisher Black Belt

Phisher
    He didn't do shit in top position and only got there because Woodley pulled guard for the guillotine.

Yashabo, Alanf7 and Washad like this.
  5. SKITZADACTYL Red Belt

SKITZADACTYL
    doesn't mean he's delusional, just has his own opinion.

6. HHJ Titanium Belt

HHJ
    I dont think he deserved the win because of that,but i dont think he is "delusional" because he thinks so. Calm the fuck down. It's just a difference in opinon. Was so close a fight it was called a draw,aint that something?

7. Tamriel Terror Red Belt

Tamriel Terror
    All fighters say dumb shit to build up a rematch.

Atleast wonderboy isn't calling woodley fans white-hating black panthers and crying racism like woodley is.

Caling Wonderboy fans kkk member was messed up as hell imo. What a dumbass

8. Krouget Green Belt

Krouget
    Interesting point. I think if the fight were scored under the newer rules, Woodley would've clearly won the fight.

It's unfortunate.

9. HHJ Titanium Belt

HHJ
    I for one,highly enjoyed the match,agreed with the decision,and am glad to see another one.

10. ray tango Insha'Allah

ray tango
    Common sense has no place on Sherdog. Drop some hyperbole or GTFO!

Cheapshart, Arm Barbarian and HHJ like this.
  11. TheMMAnalyst Green Belt

TheMMAnalyst

Dude is just all-class doing charity work and giving back to the community, trying to be a role model.

P.S. Wonderboy also thought Weidman was winning the Romero fight before the....

http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/Yoel_Romero_Flying_Knees_and_Finishes_Chris_Weidman_UFC_205/10003636

LOL - not sure if it's because he's his brother-in-law but that is some delusional shit; it was 1-1 and the second round was way more dominant for Romero then the 1st was for Chris. Romero had all the momentum and this happened 10 seconds into the 3rd round, so don't see how Chris was winning when this happened.

Yashabo likes this.
  12. Roca #074

Roca
  13. thatKid I suck at picking fights

thatKid
    Most fighters aren't particularly good at judging fights
    If Wonderboy didn't think round 4 isn't a 10-8 he's just wrong. It was by definition a 10-8 round.

But more than that if the roles were reversed Tyron would be eviserated for saying this (no not because he's black), because one guy is seen as unlikeable and the other guy is seen as likeable

is all normal. The heel and face roles are clearly defined here. I think Tyron will probably get edged unless he fights smart, and I like both guys equally but a large part of me wants to see Tyron win just so he can spread butthurt for another few months.

14. tonil Rown Elt

tonil
    Woodley did that to him.

15. HHJ Titanium Belt

HHJ
    Do you just LOL every time someone is wrong? You should see a doctor about that.
    I like watching Woodley,especially after the wonderboy fight,but he shoots himself in the mouth sometimes with his bitter racially charged comments. I literally had no reason to dislike him till he started that shit.

ilfirin, crocopteam and thatKid like this.
  16. TheMMAnalyst Green Belt

TheMMAnalyst
    When you have an opinion that doesn't align with reality, that is considered to be a delusion - not hyperbole, it's a fact.

-He though in the 4th round he almost did enough in the last minute to make it a 10-9
    -He thought T-Wood laid on him and barely hurt him in the 1st

If I said I thought Ronda Rousey was winning that fight against Nunes, would that be a delusional statement or just my opinion? Fucking Sherdog lol....

Lemmy Caution, Kuggk and Shocktagon like this.
  17. WinZip Red Belt

WinZip
    when you say this, I find it impossible to take anything you say seriously. I also find it impossible to respect you as a human being, but since we're on Sherdog, that's pretty much par for the course.

18. Krouget Green Belt

Krouget
    Personally, the scoring seemed a bit messy, so I favor anything that offers more consistency. At least, that's what I'm hoping for with the new rules. Plus I prefer fresh fights.

If you remember, how did you score it, round by round?

thatKid likes this.
  19. Nightmaree Questionmark

Nightmaree
    i hope Woodley finishes him this time, he should have won the first fight

but imagine if this fight is a draw again, lol

Alanf7 and ray tango like this.
  20. SKITZADACTYL Red Belt

SKITZADACTYL
    WONDERBOY WOULDVE WON IF THE OCTAGON FLOOR WASN'T SLIPPERY!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuggk and ray tango like this.