WONDER WOMAN v.2 (Ends B.O. Run with $819M; Honest Trailer; Patty Jenkins to Direct Sequel) | Page 40

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jun 1, 2017.

?

If you have seen WONDER WOMAN, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

5.7%
  2. 9 - Great

24.6%
  3. 8 - Good

36.0%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

14.9%
  5. 6 - Decent

7.4%
  6. 5 - Average

6.9%
  7. 4 - Poor

1.7%
  8. 3 - Bad

1.1%
  9. 2 - Terribad

1.1%
  10. 1 - Abysmal (Explain)

0.6%
  1. RollSonnenRoll I ain't never had too much fun

RollSonnenRoll
    I went in ready for the feminist propaganda to be pushed on me but I never got that vibe. The line in the trailer where she compared being a secretary to being a slave that made me roll my eyes the most was even fixed when the secretary said "well he does pay me well" or something along those lines. Also when she spotted the corset and asked why a woman would need such a thing I was prepared for some oppressive body image expectation line but the secretary burned her a bit with the "only a woman without a stomach wouldn't understand". She was also clearly attracted to Steve from the second she met him and I'm glad they went the "will they or won't they" direction instead of her swearing off that she doesn't need no man.

2. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Well, as long as it's not the 70s. That's my least favorite among the modern eras.

raty tat tat and Myrddin Wild like this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    I wasn't inferring to Cheetah as the main villain. She could just be a minor villain like Crossbones in Civil War or The Shocker in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Though they could also use George Perez's Cheetah arc but that was kinda too dark, too mystical and that story needs more refinement.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  4. HomerThompson Bone Raper

HomerThompson
    Plus, he's super dreamy too.

[​IMG]

shadow_priest_x likes this.
  5. Fluffernutter Brown Belt

Fluffernutter
  6. Spoken Silver Belt

Spoken
    I think one of the best part about WW is that, while the themes are explicit, it's relatable and sort of sneaks in under the radar of a lot of viewers. What's funny is that a number of friends of mine found Wonder Woman to sort of miss the feminist boat; I dont recall the article's explicit viewpoints now, but I recall the method of critical theory used to be hilariously terrible, and so sweeping and broad in its understanding of everything that it implicated EVERYTHING.
    But I really enjoyed WW for it's feminist tones and felt it didn't punch me in the face with them. It wasn't the feminist of facebook; it was far calming and thoughtful in its approach.

And yeah, Chris Pine carried the whole film. The dude is fucking awesome. I watch EVERYTHING with him in it.

7. PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

PEB
  8. BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

BisexualMMA
    But patriarchy...

shadow_priest_x, pcptornado and PEB like this.
  9. PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

PEB
  10. Secret Agent TONY CRACKULA

Secret Agent
    Politically it's a windfall for all ladies, but she won't see much backend. I predict the sequel won't perform nearly as well as the first, and on top of that the one thing that fucks you harder than Hollywood casting agents is Hollywood accounting.

11. PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

PEB
    You say that but Deadpool sequel is expected to have huge numbers. I expect a lot of people are watch Wonder Woman on cable and realizing it's a good flick.

12. Secret Agent TONY CRACKULA

Secret Agent
    There are like three different things going on here. I don't expect DEADPOOL2 to do as well, either, and how well a film performs doesn't exactly translate to dollars on the backend. They can elect to bury her points in unforeseen marketing costs and what-not.

13. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Update: September 13, 2017

David Callaham Joins Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns to Write WONDER WOMAN 2

[​IMG]

Dave Callaham, the co-writer of action movie The Expendables, has joined Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns on the writing team of Wonder Woman 2.

The move comes just days after Jenkins officially closed her deal to co-write, direct and produce the sequel to the Warner Bros. movie that earned more than $816 million worldwide while also earning raves from critics and fans.

Jenkins and Johns have been working on a treatment for several months and Callaham will now join the duo to pen the script.

The storyline is being kept lassoed, but Jenkins has said she wants to jump ahead by several decades from the first film’s World War I and European setting. She has stated in interviews said she would like to make America the setting during the Cold War. And she has reportedly said that having the heroine’s signature invisible jet in a movie is of key importance.

Jenkins and Callaham already have a strong working relationship and it was Jenkins that brought the writer into the fold. Jenkins was working with him on Jackpot, an English-language adaptation of a book by Jo Nesbo; that project was gearing up to be Jenkins’ next movie before she took on the assignment to direct Wonder Woman.

Callaham, in addition to originating Expendables, had a story by credit on the 2014 movie Godzilla and worked on a reboot of The Wolfman that is due to be part of Universal’s monster cinematic universe. He is also a writer-executive producer of the Amazon action comedy series Jean Claude van Johnson.

'The Expendables' Writer Joins Patty Jenkins, Geoff Johns to Write 'Wonder Woman 2' (Exclusive)

14. PEB Atomic Butt Drop Champ :)

PEB
    Not a fan of the invisible jet and I think they should continue with a rough and gritty world. Don't try to make it too cartoon like and WW hit just the right formula .

15. Secret Agent TONY CRACKULA

Secret Agent
    I think invisible aircrafts have been overdone. It will be difficult to freshen up the look.

HomerThompson likes this.
  16. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Update: September 19, 2017

WONDER WOMAN Ends Box Office Run with $819 Million Worldwide

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman has finally rolled into the Box Office station and brings an end to the film's fantastic theatrical run.

Wonder Woman was the home run the DCEU and Warner Bros. needed, and finally gave the studio a commercial and critical hit for this universe. Now that the film is on Blu-ray and DVD, the film's final tallies can be counted, and Wonder Woman did not disappoint. Domestically, Wonder Woman impressed with a total of 411.4 million (via Forbes).

To put that into perspective, there are only four superhero films ahead of it, and those consist of some heavy hitters that include The Dark Knight Rises ($448 million), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($458 million), The Dark Knight ($534 million), and The Avengers, which brought in $623 million. Those were all highly anticipated sequels or first-time teamups (in the Avengers case), so to see Wonder Woman right in the thick of those is remarkably impressive.

Even amongst the non-superhero rivals, it still comes in at #20 on the all-time list, overtaking films like Iron Man 3 ($409 million), Captain America: Civil War ($408 million), The Hunger Games ($408 million), and Spider-Man at $403 million. It even came close to matching a Disney Pixar classic in Toy Story 3, which sat at $415 million.

Wonder Woman was just as profitable overseas, leading to a worldwide total of $818.9 million. While it couldn't quite take down Spider-Man, which sits at $821.7 million, it did beat out other films like Independence Day (817.4 million), Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them ($814 million), Shrek The Third ($799 million), and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban at $796.7 million.

Overall a splendid performance, though it may surprise some to see the domestic total outweigh the international one. That certainly wasn't the case for other DCEU movies like Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which made 37% of its total domestically ($330 million) and over 62% from overseas ($542 million). It was a bit closer to even with Suicide Squad, with 43% domestic ($325 million) and over 56% international ($420 million). This is most likely due to the film over performing stateside as opposed to it not performing as well overseas, greatly impacted by the amazing reception it received from audiences and critics alike.

Wonder Woman Officially Ends Box Office Run With $819 Million

17. Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator

Dragonlordxxxxx
    Update: September 19, 2017

Watch the Honest Trailer for WONDER WOMAN

18. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Arkain2K
  19. Fluffernutter Brown Belt

Fluffernutter
    Maybe the "invisible jet" will be a metaphor for the original stealth jet?