WONDER WOMAN Movie Thread v.1 (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she's not going to get cgi'd.
She's probably be heavily armored a lot of times to make her seem bulked up.

But why does she have to be big?
Why does Superman need to be big? Christopher Reeve wasn't some jacked dude.
Spider-Man is a skinny little guy.

They are super human. Wonder Woman can throw around airplanes like empty boxes, how proportionally jacked does one have to be to make that realistic? 60' tall?

Wonder woman in the comics was pretty jacked and was always taller then most woman. She was a dominating figure in the comics Gal just does not posses the qualities. People are going not to be happy about this after seeing Batman VS Superman.

Comic Book example.
Brian-Bolland_WonderWoman63_jun-1992.jpg

She was a dominatrix figure in the comics
FTFY

Bondage was a big element in Wonder Woman's creation and appeal. In the early comics there was a fair amount of being tied up and whipped into submission/confession. These days Wonder Woman as an avatar for liberation and equality is much more mainstream, but you can still see how her personality (and spangled bottoms) has roots in the overly formal atmosphere of domination.

Wonder Woman is at once mystifying and alluring -- we want her for reasons we cannot fully explain. Or prefer not to. Gal Gadot, despite her diminutive stature, can easily depict this.

Lettuce be real, Gina Carano would make the best Wonderwoman if she could get her acting together. She also dates Henry Cavill so there's that too.

Wonder Woman is at once mystifying and alluring -- we want her for reasons we cannot fully explain.
What is so hard to explain about wanting a women with big tits, nice ass, and a pretty face?

You're over complicating this...

Shut up. We're obviously dealing with super powers. However, it would LOOK more realistic seeing Wonder Women with visual strength doing that then this lil scrawny broad...

In theory Superman should either be skinny or fat. I mean, how is that dude supposed to work out? How is he training that cardio?

Who's that pole vaulter chick I always see on this forum? That's the kind of girl I'd expect to play Wonder Woman, not too thick, but still athletic looking.

This Gal Gadot woman is too skinny to play an Amazonian Superhero.

Who's that pole vaulter chick I always see on this forum? That's the kind of girl I'd expect to play Wonder Woman, not too thick, but still athletic looking.

This Gal Gadot woman is too skinny to play an Amazonian Superhero.

Allison Stokke.

I don't know much about her so I feel bad in saying this but..

I laughed out loud reading this post.

You may remember her from her groundbreaking performances in some of the Fast and the Furious films as some tertiary character. Her acting abilities will leave your mouth agape as you ponder "could she be the greatest tertiary actor of our time"?

And the answer is yes, yes she is.

In all seriousness, her demonstrated acting ability is sub-par at best and she looks nothing like Wonder Woman.

In theory Superman should either be skinny or fat. I mean, how is that dude supposed to work out? How is he training that cardio?
How is he shooting fucking laser beams out of his eyes?

We're dealing with non-reality, however within that paradigm there are certain things that need to happen to make sense, and that's superheroes that look physically strong.

Lettuce be real, Gina Carano would make the best Wonderwoman if she could get her acting together. She also dates Henry Cavill so there's that too.

Jaime Alexander was the best option. Sadly for us, and her, she already signed on to be Sif in the Thor franchise.

jaimie-alexander-thor-the-dark-world-premiere-in-hollywood-11-04-13-mq-hq-adds-_1.jpg

Wonder woman in the comics was pretty jacked and was always taller then most woman. She was a dominating figure in the comics Gal just does not posses the qualities. People are going not to be happy about this after seeing Batman VS Superman.

Comic Book example.

And this is what she looked like with Alex Ross (i.e. the most realistic version of WW we'll ever see).
4095245-kc+wonder.jpg

The only woman that could pull this look off is this hot piece of ass:

37dbe31029b89355d47adfac33ea06f8_M.jpg

GabitoThing_zps33aee418.gif

There isn't a qualified candidate out there that people would be happy with.
Its going to be either:
1. she can't act
2. she's busted
3. she's not big enough

Not busted and can act will win every time. We'll just have to suspend belief that a girl as tiny as Gadot can fly and go toe to toe with Superman.

Jaime Alexander was the best option. Sadly for us, and her, she already signed on to be Sif in the Thor franchise.

jaimie-alexander-thor-the-dark-world-premiere-in-hollywood-11-04-13-mq-hq-adds-_1.jpg

And this is what she looked like with Alex Ross (i.e. the most realistic version of WW we'll ever see).
4095245-kc+wonder.jpg

The only woman that could pull this look off is this hot piece of ass:

37dbe31029b89355d47adfac33ea06f8_M.jpg

GabitoThing_zps33aee418.gif

There isn't a qualified candidate out there that people would be happy with.
Its going to be either:
1. she can't act
2. she's busted
3. she's not big enough

Not busted and can act will win every time. We'll just have to suspend belief that a girl as tiny as Gadot can fly and go toe to toe with Superman.

There's no evidence she can act. So there was no reason to choose her. There were plenty of bigger non busted actresses to choose from.

I think Jessica Biel would make a good Wonder Woman. She's hot, she can act, and has some muscle definition.

I could get behind that choice. I mean that in every possible way.

Gal is hot but is frail and is no Meryl Streep. Gina is the best choice, and she would need to tone up to look taller, but she would look real in the action sequences. Jamie Alexander is fucking smoking BTW and would be great as well, who cares about the crossover--EVans plays like 3 different superheroes.

Katy Perry would be a good choice in terms of looking the part. I can't stand Megan Fox though. Fox has had too much work done.

26f2e3f04cd0502742653a33a52560b6.jpg

The beginning of a slow transformation into Mickey Rourke.

Katy Perry would be a good choice in terms of looking the part. I can't stand Megan Fox though. Fox has had too much work done.

26f2e3f04cd0502742653a33a52560b6.jpg

megan-fox-plastic-surgery-pics.jpg

hottest-katy-perry-gifs-cream.gif

Megan Fox looks like an evil female disney character, or something

Gal Gadot looks just fine to me in the first teaser pics of her as WW. Huge Lol at Katy Perry. That girl is a total muppet. She would have a better chance of landing a role as Lokis stand in.

116984_1_large_9637e4b9df55cb4b.jpg

The sun is his steroids........he doesn't even have to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back