Wonder Boy is just another Machida..Yawn.

I didn't think I'd see another "Machida is boring" thread in 2018, let alone right after he KOd Belfort with a single kick in round 1.

Yeah, I know it's about Wonderboy but TS says they're both boring and can't even tell the difference between them. LOL

The "he's just running" argument has been done to death. Running doesn't win fights, effective striking does - and that's what they both do.

Also, somehow these JUST BLEED asshats discredit lateral movement and countering by calling it "running" but they are completely blind to the fact that the other fighter can't simply rush in and KO the "runner". And whenever someone tries - they get counter-KOd.

tumblr_m8ayxveh0R1qzwhb0o1_500.gif

Yeah, Machida is so boring, he puts ppl to sleep. :D

Same with Wonderboy.

tumblr_nrfdjznOw81u2ragso1_500.gif

Sorry, but Machida IS BORING AS HELL.

His fights with Tito & the first Shogun fight were ok I guess, but as soon as people figured him out a bit it became seriously dull. I swear most people don't actually watch his fights, they just see the gifs or remember the ends.

If there are stats available for least strikes thrown per minute then I'd be amazed if he weren't at the top of that list.

Sorry, but Machida IS BORING AS HELL.

His fights with Tito & the first Shogun fight were ok I guess, but as soon as people figured him out a bit it became seriously dull. I swear most people don't actually watch his fights, they just see the gifs or remember the ends.

If there are stats available for least strikes thrown per minute then I'd be amazed if he weren't at the top of that list.

Personally, I found Machida fights less captivating. It's basically the same thing, but with bigger, stronger, slower guys and more resting periods.

Personally, I found Machida fights less captivating. It's basically the same thing, but with bigger, stronger, slower guys and more resting periods.

Yeah, I think it was exciting when there was some mystique about him and his style, but over time it's gotten old and you know you're in for a good ol' stand-off.

I wonder how much different this fight would have gone if Till was forced to make weight. He looked like he had only cut to 185 on fight night.

Regardless I like watching my home town guy Wonderboy as well as Machida. Beat's the hell out of GSP's(The Golden Boy) lay and pray (someone wants to talk about respect for the fans) lol.

Regardless I like watching my home town guy Wonderboy as well as Machida. Beat's the hell out of GSP's(The Golden Boy) lay and pray (someone wants to talk about respect for the fans) lol.

Why do Wonderboy fans constantly compare their favourite fighter to GSP?

Well, why does everyone compare everything to GSP?

prolly cuz goat. lol

prolly cuz goat. lol

Cause his style is certainly not for everyone. At least not during his welterweight decision reign. But, I've already previously been acclimated to people complaining about both Wonderboy and The Dragon. People were always real quick to shut their pie hole when either made a fantastic finish, just as they are quick to start up again when it went to a decision.

Cause his style is certainly not for everyone. At least not during his welterweight decision reign.

Opposed to every other champion, who was unanimously for everyone?

The reason everyone tries to belittle GSP in comparison of their favourite fighter is, GSP is the measuring stick for greatness. He's the great one.

Opposed to every other champion, who was unanimously for everyone?

The reason everyone tries to belittle GSP in comparison of their favourite fighter is, GSP is the measuring stick for greatness. He's the great one.

That's silly argument. Considering I'm not comparing anyone's success to GSP. I'm simply saying GSP's style was not for me, so I don't get too salty when people hate on Wonderboy's style. You on the other hand, mucho salty. In fact 90% of the time I've ragged on GSP's style there you were.

That's silly argument. Considering I'm not comparing anyone's success to GSP.

You compared their styles, because of GSP's greatness.

Why wouldn't you compare him to Fitch, who Wonderboy looks even more impressive next too? Cuz Fitch don't goat.

You compared their styles, because of GSP's greatness.

Why wouldn't you compare him to Fitch, who Wonderboy looks even more impressive next too? Cuz Fitch don't goat.

Cause this thread is about Wonderboy being boring. Again I say, my comparison wasn't of success. Don't go full Re.

You say "another Machida" as if that's a bad thing, TS. Lets see you crane kick off a cow.

b75c00776f2abdd24bbafcbfc1fe6e74.jpg

Cause this thread is about Wonderboy being boring. Again I say, my comparison wasn't of success. Don't go full Re.

Nobody accused you of comparing success.

It was a comparison of styles, because of GSP's success, because GSP is the measuring stick for greatness in MMA.

I don't know why this is difficult.

Nobody accused you of comparing success.

It was a comparison of styles, because of GSP's success, because GSP is the measuring stick for greatness in MMA.

I don't know why this is difficult.

You mean cause GSP's success at LNP bored me for years? Yeah sure. If that's the way you want to see it.

The alternative being GSP was never successful and then I wouldn't have had to endure it. Yeah ok I can get on board with that.

You mean cause GSP's success at LNP bored me for years? Yeah sure. If that's the way you want to see it.

The alternative being GSP was never successful and then I wouldn't have had to endure it. Yeah ok I can get on board with that.

Tell me about salty again.

Tell me about salty again.

Then again, Machida and Wonderboy, although not as successful overall were/are successful 'enough' that people who don't like it still have to endure it on the reg.

So that's kind of where the point you're trying to make gets lost. What's your favorite salty snack?

Btw: Khabib is a great wrestler I find him awesome. I have a good feeling his greatness will come to complete fruitition.

The difference? Khabib is willing to open up his guard and make himself vulnerable in order to pound you into oblivion.

GSP was willing to lay in guard, chest to chest, and ride out decisions with short strikes that had no real chance to end a fight.

I had high hopes for him a few years ago, he looked like he could be the next big thing with an exciting style but sadly he's just another runner. Watching him fight is so tedious I fast forwarded half the fight, I can only take so much of one guy chasing someone around an octagon over and over. Against Woodley you could argue he had an excuse because of the take down threat but he did the same thing against Till, who is just a stand up fighter. Just like Machida he has the tools but is too scared to use them and fire, and instead just spends most fights running, that's not fighting sorry, its anti fighting I'm done with him , hope he gets KO'ed next fight.
Someone didn't watch the last Machida fight

<JerryWWF>

prolly cuz goat. lol

His style is effective, but it doesn't make for great viewing. Not knocking the man, hes been successful with it, just saying not everyone is a fan of the style. I respect it because he's good at it, and its the opposing fighter's job to counter it.

Back