Wonder Boy is just another Machida..Yawn.

Just like Machida he has the tools but is too scared to use them and fire

Machida was undefeated being elusive. Then he fought aggressive in the Shogun rematch and got knocked out

The plain fact of the matter is does Wonderboy and Machida have skill and technique? Yes. Do the finish their opponents sometimes in amazing fashion? Totally. But you all have to admit that all the time besides those occasional finishes it's pretty damn uneventful. I have been in rooms full of people for so many of their fights and I can just feel the frustration in the room because of the constant bouncing around without doing too much damn near the whole fight.

Oh so you mean Muay Thai fighters with 200+ fights don't have techniques because they stand and trade, kill or be killed? Nak Muays don't run around the ring all day taking potshots then run again. Bouncing around looking for perfect shots = Wonderbread and Machidass and Holmes = Points Karate in a rented high school gym for trophies. You can go watch this for $5-10/admission to remind you about your McDojo black belt.

You can see two guys brawling with no technique or defense in any bar.

Wonderboy is another Machida?

Well shit. I just became a bigger Wonderboy fan.

But yeah, I'd like to see Wonderboy be more aggressive.

Lyoto is more lethal than Wonderboy including on the ground with BJJ.

You can see two guys brawling with no technique or defense in any bar.

You obviously aren't a fighter then, probably don't even train. Even after I'd just explained to you what this "technical fighting" that you make-believe Purists think you're so knowledgeable about, being false. You hear Rogan say this, didn't you?

Once again, so you're saying that Muay Thai fighters like Buakaw and Saenchai aren't "technical fighters" since they don't run around the ring like Wonderbread....and they make use of all 3 rounds to fight kill or be killed?

I thought the same thing when I watched Wonderboy's stance and strike per minute rate. Reminiscent of Machida in many ways, super elusive, karate stance, weird timing, occasionally exploding forward with a one two but not being overly active or committing to a lot of combinations...

It's an interesting style for sure, though...leaves me on the edge of my seat, but can be disappointing at times.

Being Karate based, both Machida and Thompson tend to be reactive, not proactive in their styles. This does tend to lead to boring fights unless someone is pressuring them. Both have highlight reel KO's to go with their stinkers.

giphy.gif

Ah, the invincible Robert Whittaker

I had high hopes for him a few years ago, he looked like he could be the next big thing with an exciting style but sadly he's just another runner. Watching him fight is so tedious I fast forwarded half the fight, I can only take so much of one guy chasing someone around an octagon over and over. Against Woodley you could argue he had an excuse because of the take down threat but he did the same thing against Till, who is just a stand up fighter. Just like Machida he has the tools but is too scared to use them and fire, and instead just spends most fights running, that's not fighting sorry, its anti fighting I'm done with him , hope he gets KO'ed next fight.

here we go
top 10 world class fighters being criticized for not having enough balls by an internet coach potato

At least machida knocks out people with some karate kid shit.

Lol ts machida is better than wonderboy.

Agreed, but most idiot fans dont understand what they're seeing
<<<<<<idiot here. that was aids/cancer of a fight. i guess ill never get 'high level technical fighting'. lol. that lansberg/mazany mustve blown your fucking minds!

<<<<<<idiot here. that was aids/cancer of a fight. i guess ill never get 'high level technical fighting'. lol. that lansberg/mazany mustve blown your fucking minds!

Go back to playing your video games.

It's anti-fighting?

The bigger, stronger guy was chasing the smaller guy into corners, and didn't catch him for 20 mins. Wonderboy had to move and effectively hit Till.

You guys find the fight boring? That's cool, don't give me your bullshit excuses.

Till was able to push Thompson around when engaged close. He was able to hurt Thompson just via clipping him. He was clearly bigger and stronger.

That match-up means Wonderboy is going to have to stick and move, against a dangerous, hard-to-hit, bigger man. Wonderboy avoided some very dangerous situations, and landed a lot of clean shots. The big man was able to absorb them.

If you're going to give that fight away from moving forward and having the "scarier" punches, this was Till's fight from the start. In terms of effectively fighting effectively while remaining out of danger, I think Wonderboy won 3 rounds.

Back