Won My First NAGA

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by biscuitsbrah, Apr 16, 2018.

1. biscuitsbrah Black Belt

biscuitsbrah
    Hey whats up guys. Competed over the weekend and won the expert division. I know everyone wins those NAGA belts and it really doesnt mean much, but it means a little more to me simply because Ive had almost zero success at grappling tournaments besides in the last year, and Ive been doing bjj for 5 years now.

I only had 2 matches as there were only 4 people in my bracket. Im just looking for some advice for anyone willing, as I know I have a lot of holes in my game that could use some help.

Im in the white shorts.
    Won 13-3, opponent was gassed but I cant finish any submissions. Why do I suck at armbars?

Won an overtime match by one takedown basically. I dont know how to break out of guard, got nothing done in this 6 minutes, boring I know... Where do I keep my hands? In his armpits? Its very hard to keep it on the stomach because it just slides, and the bicep is very far away from me..

2 minute overtime

-Why do I always get triangled?
    -Is it ok if people are always grabbing the guillotine on me if im using it to pass, or should my head just never be in those positions in the first place?
    -Is tripod passing like I do bad? Does it give to much space when passing? If I keep head in the stomach will that save me from occasionally floating too high?

Please help with anything little detail you see, thank you for watching!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    TroldeAnsigt, 2008, TheGZA and 2 others like this.
  2. SummerStriker Black Belt

SummerStriker
    really awesome man. Watched the first video to see all that defense you put on.

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  3. TheGZA Excellent! But not good.

TheGZA

biscuitsbrah likes this.
  4. biscuitsbrah Black Belt

biscuitsbrah
    Hahah that’s awesome.

TheGZA likes this.