Women's march speaker was a rape-torturer and murderer

What are the odds that people genuinely change? I think it's an act, but last few generations are/will be dumbed down by social media and cool new phones with round edges, that the devil himself could masquerade for a humanitarian
I think you have to judge that by their actions. This woman kept herself occupied with her own education during her time in prison. When she got out the first thing she did was to start helping young women. I don't think she's sitting around waiting for an opportunity to kidnap and abuse somebody, or fighting off violent impulses. It's possible she is, but at some point people get another shot. I'm not an expert on recidivism, but don't you think she's really low risk?

Some crimes just stain you for ever, I think. Maybe this woman paid her debt, maybe she didn't. What she didn't do is earn back any right to speak against others shortcomings. This woman shouldn't be on the forefront of any sexual misconduct movement by any measure of morality.

I was going to say the same thing. There is robbing a store or two. Or getting into fights you shouldn't be getting into some fraud etc.
And there is torturing and murdering a guy.
Now I don't know the specifics about the case but from the TS sounds like the death penalty to me.
I am not sure how old she was but in general, you shouldn't be able to come back from this sort of crime.

I was going to say the same thing. There is robbing a store or two. Or getting into fights you shouldn't be getting into some fraud etc.
And there is torturing and murdering a guy.
Now I don't know the specifics about the case but from the TS sounds like the death penalty to me.
I am not sure how old she was but in general, you shouldn't be able to come back from this sort of crime.
If its atonement or redemption she seeks I support that. She was judged and paid her debt to society by some measure.

But I find it vulgar that she's been given a platform that's in such contrast to her crimes. She should be a cautionary tale at best, not appearing to be casting stones. Then again, the hypocrisy fits right in with a movement started by a sharia advocate that purports to be pro feminism.

This speech happened over a year ago, probably because she's having a movie made about her life. She served 27 years for her crime, and her life is now dedicated to helping people. Not much more she can do, is there?

she should have the humility and intelligence to know that she is only hurting her cause. Seriously if you were organizing a women's march and had to have someone speak. Would you want a former rapist and kidnapper?

she should have the humility and intelligence to know that she is only hurting her cause. Seriously if you were organizing a women's march and had to have someone speak. Would you want a former rapist and kidnapper?
She spoke representing an organization called The Coalition of Women Prisoners. The people familiar with her voice in the movement are comfortable with her speaking. Not sure what the problem is here, aside from the optics.

I don't think so. Not to the point of leading rallies. The media would never let them get away with it, either.

You will never see the MSM attacking, on the basis of her past crimes, a female of color who has turned her life around after doing time. Get real.

So your conclusion if she happens to be in Trump's regional campaign directors, with the same history of incarceration, Trumpsters will act exactly the same as these people in women's march?
reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Let me dumb it down for you... Hopefully I can get that low.

If you believe in the capacity for redemption and believe that those who do time can, in fact, be rehabilitated and become productive members of society then you should maintain that position regardless of which end of the political spectrum a reformed criminal ultimately comes down on.

Unless, of course, you are a hypocritical shit-stain.

I think you have to judge that by their actions. This woman kept herself occupied with her own education during her time in prison. When she got out the first thing she did was to start helping young women. I don't think she's sitting around waiting for an opportunity to kidnap and abuse somebody, or fighting off violent impulses. It's possible she is, but at some point people get another shot. I'm not an expert on recidivism, but don't you think she's really low risk?

There is no cure for psychopathy, if caught psychopaths will find ways to circumvent the system if they are clever enough. The only thing that changed about her is the nature of her psychopathy. It went from physical violence to deceit and manipulation (read politician). These things don't just go away they are inbred. Prison teaches you not to do things from which you can't get away from. She changed because of punitive actions not because it was the right thing to do. You can't force goodness on people, it has to come from within imo

She shouldn't be making a living doing this.. It's ridiculous and comically offensive. She served her time, so don't stone her in the street and let her work at something else.

I guess some folks disagree with you. We all have the option of choosing who to listen to.

As others have said, you don't do what she did unless you are a stone cold psychopath, for which there is no cure or 'turning it around'. And her own statements regarding her crime, as linked in this thread, where she mocks the victim, show that not only did she have zero remorse for what she did, she clearly took great pleasure in it.

The fact that anyone would even entertain the idea of giving a platform to such a person just sums up how deeply rotten this whole movement is.

Let me dumb it down for you... Hopefully I can get that low.

If you believe in the capacity for redemption and believe that those who do time can, in fact, be rehabilitated and become productive members of society then you should maintain that position regardless of which end of the political spectrum a reformed criminal ultimately comes down on.

Unless, of course, you are a hypocritical shit-stain.
So if it's the people in the women's March...it's because they believe in the rehabilitation....if it's the trumpsters...they're just hypocritical shit stains...

So if it's the people in the women's March...it's because they believe in the rehabilitation....if it's the trumpsters...they're just hypocritical shit stains...

You are a lost cause.

She spoke representing an organization called The Coalition of Women Prisoners. The people familiar with her voice in the movement are comfortable with her speaking. Not sure what the problem is here, aside from the optics.

Well then there it is. The people who organized the march are as dumb as she is.

If its atonement or redemption she seeks I support that. She was judged and paid her debt to society by some measure.

But I find it vulgar that she's been given a platform that's in such contrast to her crimes. She should be a cautionary tale at best, not appearing to be casting stones. Then again, the hypocrisy fits right in with a movement started by a sharia advocate that purports to be pro feminism.

she hasn't paid any debt .. she can't .. she should be dead if she committed said crime .. then you can say she paid the debt

It shows the pathetic nature of the whole movement. I've known people that have recovered from being the perpetrator of lesser crimes and they are genuinely humble people. She comes across as a sassy and loud bitch, the opposite of someone that realizes the depth of their depravity.
Apparently they crushed his testicles with pliers. The lady in this video totally calls this shit out.

Back