Women's Flyweight division about to be lit.

But it's not about what she wants. If you're not already in the UFC, what you want is irrelevant. There are a lot of girls from Invicta who wanted to go to the UFC, but Dana chose to leave them in Invicta. Until I actually hear that a contract or oppurtunity was actually offered, or I hear from the UFC themselves that they have their eyes on them, then again, I'm trying to keep this fact based.

Fair enough, we don't 100% know the UFC will go for her, but if I were Dana, and I see a 22 year old 11-0 125lb fighter who has a good look, moderately good English, and is a mother, all of which are good selling points. I'd for sure sign her up and try to slowly build the division around her. Of course this ain't WWE, Dana can't pre-determine she'll stay undefeated, but she's for sure a top prospect for the future of that division.

Fair enough, we don't 100% know the UFC will go for her, but if I were Dana, and I see a 22 year old 11-0 125lb fighter who has a good look, moderately good English, and is a mother, all of which are good selling points. I'd for sure sign her up and try to slowly build the division around her. Of course this ain't WWE, Dana can't pre-determine she'll stay undefeated, but she's for sure a top prospect for the future of that division.

And she is foreign and it is not good selling point.

This is all fact based, not dreams. Andrea was offered to go to TUF, she turned it down but will go to the UFC, and she beat some of the top ranked girls in that house, and she's currently champ. Dana has mentioned Mackenzi and the UFC has made no secret that they're watching her and want to see her win a couple more fights, but that was a couple fights ago, so it might be time. And the others are already in the UFC and have already made the decision to move, except JJ who says she's considering it.
It's a speculation thread. All the ladies you mentioned are either currently outside the division, or outside the UFC.

By 2020 it will be the most popular & important division in women's MMA, and it'll be a slightly whimsical historical footnote that the division's first UFC champion was Roxanne Modaferri.
You could be right.

I'll be interested to see how many fighters at 115 and 135 jump to WFLW simply because they were fighting above or below their optimal weight.

135 and 115? Pfft..

W125 will be so loaded that it'll have an all star game feel every fight!

I don't know about the Lee situation. I thought she explained it on Ariel's show. But that's the division she fights in now at LFA, and she's champ. And that's where she says she'll fight in the UFC.

As far as Mack, her striking look very much improved in her last fight in San An. Yeah she still has work, but let's be honest, all she needs is to be good enough to get inside and get you to the ground. Then it's over. How do you think Ronda succeeded for so long?

Her bjj is great but she's not a very good finisher yet at all in mma.She has 3 wins and 2 decisions over mediocre at best fighters,she wasn't very impressive at all.Get you to the ground,then it's over lol yeah pffft.

Cool. More fights to ffw through on my dvr then. They barely have any talent in the women's division to begin with. Solution: Spread the divisions out even thinner.

Thanks WME.

but let's be honest, all she needs is to be good enough to get inside and get you to the ground. Then it's over.
This has not really been true in her fights, she isn't some crazy finisher like R3.

This is all fact based, not dreams. Andrea was offered to go to TUF, she turned it down bng it.
Source?

She couldn't do tuf because

A. She fought two days before tryouts

B. She has to spend a full six months in the usada testing pool before she can fight and so would not have been cleared to fight in time for the finale

Her bjj is great but she's not a very good finisher yet at all in mma.She has 3 wins and 2 decisions over mediocre at best fighters,she wasn't very impressive at all.Get you to the ground,then it's over lol yeah pffft.
This has not really been true in her fights, she isn't some crazy finisher like R3.

Umm. What fight's were you two exactly watching? First of all, when I say it's over, that doesn't necessarily mean finish. But she will completely dominate. Did you even watch the first fight? She took Kenia down at will and Kenia never got back up. In the first round, she took her down at 4:38, and dominated on top until the bell rang. 2nd round, 4:16. Never got back up 3rd, 4:33, never got back up. And she admitted after the fight, she had first fight jitters, and still dominated and looked great.

In the second fight, she finished Montana with a Imanari choke, that has never been done by a female in MMA.

BTW, Montana had a great finish last week on TUF , and apparently made it to the finals. Mediocre opponents? Okay.

In her third fight, Katherine had vaseline all over her body, which Mack constantly complained about. It forced her to keep the fight on the feet, where she surprised everyone including Pat Militich. She out struck her, and won all three rounds. 10-9.

All three fights were very impressive. And I'm pretty sure neither of you actually watched them. You just looked at her record on Wikipedia. Fake fight fans.

Last edited:
I like Dern because she's the only brazilian WMMA fighter who actually looks like a woman.

Umm. What fight's were you two exactly watching? First of all, when I say it's over, that doesn't necessarily mean finish. But she will completely dominate. Did you even watch the first fight? She took Kenia down at will and Kenia never got back up. In the first round, she took her down at 4:38, and dominated on top until the bell rang. 2nd round, 4:16. Never got back up 3rd, 4:33, never got back up. And she admitted after the fight, she had first fight jitters, and still dominated and looked great.

In the second fight, she finished Montana with a Imanari choke, that has never been done by a female in MMA.

BTW, Montana apparently made it to the finals in the TUF house, and had a finish last week. Mediocre opponents? Okay.

In her third fight, Katherine had vaseline all over her body, which Mack constantly complained about. It forced her to keep the fight on the feet, where she surprised everyone including Pat Militich. She out struck her, and won all three rounds. 10-9.

All three fights were very impressive. And I'm pretty sure neither of you actually watched them. You just looked at her record on Wikipedia. Fake fight fans.

I watched all her fights as they happened and she wasn't very impressive considering her accolades,and missing weight multiple times not getting close was shitty too.Her opponents were decent but nothing special.You're getting a little crazy overrating her performances and calling someone who's been watching mma for longer than you a fake fan is funny.Yeah she's just like Ronda Rousey was when she started lol,dummy.

I am excited about the division though and Dern obviously has some good potential but she's super green in mma,basically a pure bjj fighter.I also agree that 125 will eventually be the best female division or it at least has the biggest potential to be imo.

Back