Women's Current P4P - Your top 10

JayJayMMA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Saw this article from Brett at ESPN and it made me think that my top 5 wouldn't be too different, with a slightly different order however the remaining 5 seems questionable including his positioning of Germaine at 9.

http://www.espn.com.au/mma/story/_/id/13140293/espn-women-pound-pound-rankings

My top 10 are:

1. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2. Cris Cyborg
3. Claudia Gadelha
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Valentina Shevchenko
6. Jessica Andrade
7. Rose Namajunes
8. Megan Anderson
9. Holly Holm
10. Raquel Pennington

What are yours?

In my view P4P takes the skill set of each and excludes their size (weight) though keeps their body in proportion. ie. Miesha Tate although she was a Bantamweight has a shorter reach than JJ.

1. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2. Amanda Nunes
3. Cris Cyborg
4. Valentina Shevchenko
5. Claudia Gadelha
6. Rose Namajunas
7. Raquel Pennington
8. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
9. Jessica Andrade
10. Holly Holm

Saw this article from Brett at ESPN and it made me think that my top 5 wouldn't be too different, with a slightly different order however the remaining 5 seems questionable including his positioning of Germaine at 9.

http://www.espn.com.au/mma/story/_/id/13140293/espn-women-pound-pound-rankings

My top 10 are:

1. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
2. Cris Cyborg
3. Claudia Gadelha
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Valentina Shevchenko
6. Jessica Andrade
7. Rose Namajunes
8. Megan Anderson
9. Holly Holm
10. Raquel Pennington

What are yours?

In my view P4P takes the skill set of each and excludes their size (weight) though keeps their body in proportion. ie. Miesha Tate although she was a Bantamweight has a shorter reach than JJ.
Nunes on 4? That's one tough lady. I'd put her on 2 or 3.

Y'all are high as kites, not putting Cyborg at #1.

In a hypothetical universe where they were all the same size, Cyborg would still r*** these chicks with ease.

Cyborg
Amanda Nunes
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Claudia Gadelha
Raquel Pennington
Valentina Shevchenko
Holly Holm
Agnieszka Niedzwiedz
Cat Zingano
Jessica Andrade

Nunes on 4? That's one tough lady. I'd put her on 2 or 3.

Agree she is tough, could easily switch with Claudia as both are strong on ground and on feet though I favoured Claudia as I see her having more consistency throughout 5 rounds.

Nunes cant be behind Gadelha, because Gadelhas not a champ

Some people do rank champs first in a P4P however others look overall. I noticed many place other MWs above Bisping in a P4P conversation even if he is champ

In a hypothetical universe where they were all the same size, Cyborg would still r*** these chicks with ease.

I think JJ has the fight IQ to take it to her and be patient if they were the same size, could easily be happy with either at #1 though.

Agree she is tough, could easily switch with Claudia as both are strong on ground and on feet though I favoured Claudia as I see her having more consistency throughout 5 rounds.
Nunes strangled Tate, put away Rousey with ease and beat Shevchenko (who is a very decent fighter) rather convincingly. Close, but convincingly. I'd put her on 3 at least but I see your point.

I'd put Cyborg behind Nunes tbh. Cyborg looks like a beast, but she didn't face elite opposition so far.

How can you know that when you only see her fight a much smaller and very weak competition compared to all the other top WMMA fighters?

1.Shevchenko (close to a 50/50 vs BW champ even when she is a weightclass smaller)
2.Joanna
3.Nunes
4.Gadelha
5.Cyborg.

1vu9lu.jpg

Respect the ranking for Agnieszka though surprised you have Cat so high at present.

I've always rated Cat pretty highly, she's got a win over Nunes and tbf if she didn't rush in against Rousey she could've won IMO. She's getting old but it's not too late for her.

As for Agnieszka she's probably my favourite WMMA fighter behind Pennington and I hope she sets the UFC alight when she eventually debuts.

Nunes strangled Tate, put away Rousey with ease and beat Shevchenko (who is a very decent fighter) rather convincingly. Close, but convincingly. I'd put her on 3 at least but I see your point.

I'd put Cyborg behind Nunes tbh. Cyborg looks like a beast, but she didn't face elite opposition so far.

Agree though can only base it on what I've seen of her so far, she hasn't showed off her ground game either. By the way Sherdog's rankings for Women's P4P puts Cyborg at 4 after JJ, Nunes and Claudia

I've always rated Cat pretty highly, she's got a win over Nunes and tbf if she didn't rush in against Rousey she could've won IMO. She's getting old but it's not too late for her.

As for Agnieszka she's probably my favourite WMMA fighter behind Pennington and I hope she sets the UFC alight when she eventually debuts.

Hopefully Cat does come back strong, just didn't rank her high due to her last 2 years.

Agnieszka no doubt will be offered a contract once the division gets going. Your comment made me watch her second fight against Joanna Ogrodnik, while not her best fight Joanna looks like a big FW in it.

Hopefully Cat does come back strong, just didn't rank her high due to her last 2 years.

Agnieszka no doubt will be offered a contract once the division gets going. Your comment made me watch her second fight against Joanna Ogrodnik, while not her best fight Joanna looks like a big FW in it.

In the UFC's current state I would not be surprised to see Cat get a title shot off of two losses simply because she has a win over Nunes when it should be Pennington god dammit.

Cyborg is hard to place. There's a strong argument for her being #1, but her division is comically shallow.

I genuinely have Shevchenko ahead of Nunes, being the pedant that I am. Nunes weighs a fair few pounds more than Shev and I thought they looked extremely even in their. I see both dominating their divisions for a while (Shev 125). Holly, I think is Nunes' main threat as Nunes rushes in and Holly's counters are great!

1. Cris Cyborg
2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
3. Claudia Gadelha
4. Amanda Nunes
5. Valentina Shevchenko
6. Holly Holm
7. Karolina Kowal
8. Rose Namajunes
9. Jessica Andrade
10. Raquel Pennington

Cyborg is a steroid cheat with no quality wins. The only way Cyborg would ever be #1 is if every other female in the sport retired all at once, and even then it would be a stretch.

Last edited:
Back