Women's 145 Is A Bigger Joke Than We Thought

I wish I could say I've never even heard about the division but it was forced down my throat. Instead I'll say with complete honesty that I've never heard of 13 of those 15 fighters.

Except she's not. That's something you prove through fighting the best competition available. Cyborg's done the exact opposite.
NOOOOO it's proven by impressing the fans' eyes by crushing unknown competition! Like Thomas GOATmeida and Brandon GOAThatch.

Once cyborg leaves, they will cut the division

NOOOOO it's proven by impressing the fans' eyes by crushing unknown competition! Like Thomas GOATmeida and Brandon GOAThatch.

Renan Barao crushed a bunch of cans AND beat a bunch of quality competition, too, and he still isn't the GOAT. Cyborg, on the other hand, only crushes cans.

Once cyborg leaves, they will cut the division
I don't really see point of this division. They are not able to build anything good. Top 10 is Gabi Garcia, by crushing some japanese grandmoms, it's hilarious.

Pena is horribly undersized in this fight

That doesn't answer the question I asked. Again: Cat is five years younger than Tweet. Why is she the 'old lady' and not Tweet? Being undersized doesn't mean anything. There are many cases where the undersized fighters comes out on top.

145 takes three of the first 5 fights.

You saying so doesn't make it true. Nunes vs. Cyborg isn't even guaranteed. There's probably a reason why Cyborg Tweeted she didn't want to fight Nunes a day or two after she won the belt.

You saying so doesn't make it true. Nunes vs. Cyborg isn't even guaranteed. There's probably a reason why Cyborg Tweeted she didn't want to fight Nunes a day or two after she won the belt.
Her reason was she didn't want to fight a fellow Brazilian. Not that I agree with it, but yeah, she gave her reason. And Cyborg certainly does beat Nunes most if not all the time. She is better everywhere and throws combos and volume with movement. Nunes is relatively stationary and throws powerful but slow strikes. It's the same reason Cyborg would handle Megan Anderson without much trouble except Nunes has a ground game.

This is the Top 15 for Women's 145 (global), according to this list:

#1 Cyborg Justino - 18 wins and 1 loss
#2 Julia Budd - 10 wins and 2 losses
#3 Megan Anderson - 7 wins and 2 losses
#4 Germanine de Randamie - 7 wins and 3 losses
#5 Charmaine Tweet - 9 wins and 6 losses
#6 Alexis Dufresne - 6 wins and 3 losses
#7 Amanda Bell - 5 wins and 4 losses
#8 Gabrielle Holloway - 6 wins and 5 losses

#9 Latoya Walker - 5 wins and 1 loss
#10 Marloes Coenen - 23 wins and 8 losses
#11 Amber Leibrock - 2 wins and 1 loss
#12 Leah Letos - 4 wins and 1 loss
#13 Daria Ibragimova - 9 wins and 2 losses
#14 Ediane Gomes - 11 wins and 4 losses
#15 Felicia Spencer - 3 wins and 0 losses

12 of them have under 10 wins. 7 of them have bad win/loss ratios. Almost all of them are green. The wins they do have are against manure-tier opponents.

For instance, here are the last five opponents that Charmaine Tweet has beaten:

Latoya Walker - 5 wins and 1 loss
Anna Barone - 2 wins and 5 losses
Veronica Rothenhausler - 1 win and 1 loss
Jessica Miele - 5 wins and 3 losses
Anna Barone - 2 wins and 5 losses

Women's bw was shit too.

It's gonna take time, but it's that time that they need to build the division.

At least they actually have someone who can fight at the top for this one.

That doesn't answer the question I asked. Again: Cat is five years younger than Tweet. Why is she the 'old lady' and not Tweet? Being undersized doesn't mean anything. There are many cases where the undersized fighters comes out on top.
She's almost half a foot taller and would be 10 pounds heavier. Old lady tweet Tweet would clobber Julianna Pena. She'd piece her up with her length and kickboxing and if it went to the mat, she has a pretty good guard and would tie up any top game of Pena's. Remember, Pena hugged Shev in top position until Shev got bored and armbarred her. And she had never submitted anyone in the UFC. Tweet was also landing on Megan almost at will but Megan had more power and finally put her away. You can't underestimate size and length in MMA and Tweet has the experience to use it on an undersized 135er.

That is a pretty bad top 15 list tbf....

A bigger joke than we thought? No, it's not, it's as bad as everyone thought. There is only one legit fighter at 145 which is Cyborg.

Her reason was she didn't want to fight a fellow Brazilian. Not that I agree with it, but yeah, she gave her reason.

Yeah, obviously, I wasn't referring to the excuse she gave in her Tweet. I was implying that she was ducking Amanda Nunes, using the 'Brazilian card' as a cover, ala Anderson Silva.

And Cyborg certainly does beat Nunes most if not all the time. She is better everywhere and throws combos and volume with movement.

'She is better everywhere...' No, she's not. 'and throws combos' Guess what? So does Amanda Nunes. She threw multiple combos in her last two fights. 'volume with movement' Again, so does Amanda Nunes.

Nunes is relatively stationary and throws powerful but slow strikes. It's the same reason Cyborg would handle Megan Anderson without much trouble except Nunes has a ground game.

Except she's not. She's very aggressive and constantly moving.

^'but slow' Maybe if you're comparing her to Joanna J. But no, she's not slow compared to Cyborg. The difference is marginal at best. And if hand speed was everything, Vitor Belfort wouldn't have 13 losses.

Last edited:
She's almost half a foot taller and would be 10 pounds heavier. Old lady tweet Tweet would clobber Julianna Pena.

Doesn't matter. Height and weight advantages don't guarantee winners, especially when the difference is a mere 5 inches and 10 pounds. 'would clobber' You have no basis for saying that. I doubt you've even watched Tweet before this conversation. I take that back. Charmaine is one of the bums on Cyborg's resume, so we know you've at least watched that fight.

She'd piece her up with her length and kickboxing and if it went to the mat, she has a pretty good guard and would tie up any top game of Pena's. Remember, Pena hugged Shev in top position until Shev got bored and armbarred her. And she had never submitted anyone in the UFC. Tweet was also landing on Megan almost at will but Megan had more power and finally put her away. You can't underestimate size and length in MMA and Tweet has the experience to use it on an undersized 135er.

'never submitted anyone...' Therefore what? Shevchenko has a Judo black belt and numerous submission win outside of the UFC. Roy Nelson has never submitted anyone inside of the UFC, either. That doesn't mean he isn't a submission threat or that his submission credentials don't exist. She chooses to stand and avoid the ground in a lot of her fights. 'at will' Oh, really? She was landing at will against an opponent that has more reach? Imagine that. Doing well against Megan Anderson means nothing. She is green and hasn't fought any quality opponents. Being able to tie her up doesn't mean anything. She doesn't have to actually land anything effective or submit her to win a decision via control (see: Cat Zingano fight). 'B-b-but Tweet has multiple submissions on her record.' Who'd she submit? Nobodies.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Height and weight advantages don't guarantee winners, especially when the difference is a mere 5 inches and 10 pounds. 'would clobber' You have no basis for saying that. I doubt you've even watched Tweet before this conversation.

'never submitted anyone...' Therefore what? Shevchenko has a Judo black belt and numerous submission win outside of the UFC. Roy Nelson has never submitted anyone inside of the UFC, either. That doesn't mean he isn't a submission threat or that his submission credentials don't exist. She chooses to stand and avoid in a lot of her fights. 'at will' Oh, really? She was landing at will against an opponent that has more reach? Imagine that. Doing well against Megan Anderson is green and hasn't fought any quality opponents.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tweet is weaker than Pena, a 6'0 40 yo who fights at 145 doesn't give a lot of faith in her physical strength.

Women's bw was shit too.

Not globally.

#1 Ronda Rousey - 6 - 0
#2 Miesha Tate - 13 - 3
#3 Sarah Kaufman - 15 - 2
#4 Alexis Davis - 12 -5
#5 Sara McMann - 6 -0
#6 Shayna Baszler - 15 - 7
#7 Cat Zingano - 7 - 0
#8 Liz Carmouche - 8 - 2
#9 Rin Nakai - 13 - 0
#10 Amanda Nunes - 7 - 2

Almost all of them had decent w/l ratios. 5 of those names are still in the top 10 to this day. It'd be 6 if Miesha hadn't retired.

It's gonna take time, but it's that time that they need to build the division.

They've had time outside the UFC.

At least they actually have someone who can fight at the top for this one.

They had somebody like that in Ronda Rousey. The difference is Ronda Rousey doesn't have a resume that's 99.9% can.

Back