Woman who shot boyfriend dead in YouTube stunt sentenced to six months in prison

if you're using a book, make it a good book, a book that could save you.

XfvgQIB.jpg

I don't personally think she should do any time for this. But I also don't know every detail of the case.

Being stupid should be a crime, but it isn't.
She pleaded guilty. She likely would have been found guilty of manslaughter which could be 15-20 years.

Didn't she use a Desert Eagle? How could you think a thin ass book would stop a bullet. Unreal
People don’t know shit about guns
My sisters son has one and the kick isn't to bad. 500 Smith & Wesson is 50cal and kicks like a mule.
When half the loads out there for 500SW are over 350 grains, yeah it’s a mule... 350 grains is just over the weight of a 12 ga deer slug

People don’t know shit about guns

When half the loads out there for 500SW are over 350 grains, yeah it’s a mule... 350 grains is just over the weight of a 12 ga deer slug

The case capacity for the 500smith is massive .

Parker Drennen
, Gun enthusiast, halfhearted fitness enthusiast, survival nut, and Catholic
Answered Apr 8 2017 · Author has 204 answers and 151.4k answer views

A double action revolver will fire just as fast as a semiautomatic and will never ever ever jam. A semiautomatic always has the potential for jamming.

A revolver can fire a massive cartridge. Shown below, a comparison between a .50AE (Desert Eagle cartridge) and a .500 Smith and Wesson (revolver only):

Both of these will kill you very dead. But the one on the right packs an even bigger punch than the .50AE because of the amount of powder that can be packed in the longer casing.

“It’s a bit big, but that doesn’t matter”

News flash: Size does matter. The Desert Eagle has a grip bigger than a lot of people can wrap their hands around. A revolver does not carry ammunition in the grip, and as such can be adapted to any hand size.

So here’s a list of pros and cons of each weapon:

Desert Eagle

Pros:

1. Large bore cartridge
  2. Semiautomatic
  3. Magazine fed
Cons

1. Potential for jamming
  2. Massive recoil
  3. Grip is too large for most people to grip comfortably
  4. Imagine getting slide bite from that thing
Revolver (Model 500 Smith and Wesson)

1. Large bore cartridge
  2. Most powerful handgun mass produced
  3. Cannot jam ever because it’s a revolver
  4. Grip is comfortable for most peole
  5. Speed-loaders are available
Cons

1. Massive recoil
  2. Weighs five pounds
I think that about sums it up.

615 Views · View Upvoters · Answer requested by Tom Walsh

Promoted by AccuWeather
Plan every minute of your day with AccuWeather.
Get minute-by-minute rain and temperature forecasts and never be taken by surprise.
Get the App

Ken Rabon
, Registered Nurse (1991-present)
Answered Apr 8, 2017 · Author has 1.8k answers and 1.9m answer views

The entire family should be killed so we stop the spread of their genes on planet earth.

The planet doesn't need these people. That includes the kid.

Didn't she use a Desert Eagle? How could you think a thin ass book would stop a bullet. Unreal

Apparently he'd already tested it on a book, and it hadn't gone through. I'm thinking the book he tested it on wasn't properly supported (ie not held against his chest!), or something along those lines.

What, exactly, was the crime?

Incredibly stupid, but I don’t see a criminal element to this or how incarceration is in any way beneficial to her or society.

Anyway, a kid I went to high school with pulled this same stunt with a .410 slug. It went through the book into his brain, rendering him a vegetable.

I don't personally think she should do any time for this. But I also don't know every detail of the case.

Being stupid should be a crime, but it isn't.

"But he told me to" shouldn't be a viable defense for shooting and killing someone.

Incredibly stupid, but I don’t see a criminal element to this or how incarceration is in any way beneficial to her or society.

Anyway, a kid I went to high school with pulled this same stunt with a .410 slug. It went through the book into his brain, rendering him a vegetable.

How do you not see a 'criminal element'?

She intentionally shot at him, he died. Murder 2.

How do you not see a 'criminal element'?

She intentionally shot at him, he died. Murder 2.

It was coerced by him, and there was no intent to cause harm, let alone kill. There is no malice afterthought, so no murder 2nd degree. There was no intent. It’s definitely not murder by legal standards.

Involuntary manslaughter is the most appropriate but not really warranted in this case IMO. It’s a peculiar situation.

She aimed a firearm at someone and pulled the trigger resulting in that person's death.

It was coerced by him, and there was no intent to cause harm, let alone kill. There is no malice afterthought, so no murder 2nd degree. There was no intent. It’s definitely not murder by legal standards.

Involuntary manslaughter is the most appropriate but not really warranted in this case IMO. It’s a peculiar situation.

Setting a bad precedent. You don't need intent for murder 2.

"a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life."

"But he told me to" shouldn't be a viable defense for shooting and killing someone.

He didnt tell her to kill him. There was zero intent to kill there. Just two ignorant people that should have never been around firearms.

Intent matters a lot in cases like this (I'm no lawyer but I believe that statement to be accurate). That's why they have different classes and terminology for crimes involving death. And I believe this one falls under the accidental category.

Now there may be laws against discharging a weapon inappropriately, or improper use -something along those lines- that she'd be guilty of. But like I said, I don't know all the details of the case or the exact position/terminology used for the sentencing.

Both parents are dumber than the chick that thought buffalo wings were from real buffalo.

Wait, what? I thought red bull's have wings, or at least give them. Buffalo are similar a bit of a rusty/brown color, so I always just assumed they were had wings also.

I have always thought that the desert eagle is a morons gun

It is.

If anyone has ever seen a desert eagle operate reliably, then you've had a sighting more rare than an albino elk.

I have yet to see a single Desert Eagle reliably make it through two magazines without some sort of major malfunction.

Gun shop owners have a kind of joke about guns like those:

"Those guns are better to buy then to actually own."

I'm sure it feels awesome on the day that someone buys a desert eagle. The problem is, then you have to actually own and maintain a desert eagle.

With her having kids and them losing their father im not sure that it does society a lot of good to throw her in a cage either.

Sometimes accidents happen or people do stupid things but the intent matters . I dont think this moron likely to ever shoot another person

I do kind of wonder how someone could be so dumb as to think to take a magnum round at point blank or why they didnt do some test runs. I would think if you are going to pull a stunt like that that a lot of prep should go into it

I have always thought that the desert eagle is a morons gun

Agree on all points. One of my favourite series is Monster Hunters International, which is written by a real gun nut. He owned a gun store and competed successfully in Three Gun tournaments. In one of the books, the hero kicks the shit out of a couple of Wise Guys who try to ambush him. He decides to steal their guns as well. When he finds out one of them is a gold-plated Desert Eagle, he's so disgusted he dumps it in a deep snowdrift.

Back