Woman of middle east origin caught on CCTV stealing Poppy Appeal charity box

I wonder now how many of Brexiters voted out because they wanted less middle east immigration.

I’ll save you the suspense. It was most if not all. Don’t expect them all to admit it, though most will because they feel there are many others who will agree with them.

Yeah, sometimes i forget that Turkey has actual land in Europe.
Mexican education at its finest

Turkey is 100% European

odKaQKV.jpg

And that's the UKs fault how??

Welfare should be restricted only to native citizens. Who cares if they came here in 50s to drive buses. They still got better life driving buses than in the shithole they came from.

Welfare should be restricted only to native citizens. Who cares if they came here in 50s to drive buses. They still got better life driving buses than in the shithole they came from.

I think welfare should be completely restricted, regardless of country of origin or citizenship. If an EU citizen like yourself can come here and get work easily at £9 an hour, what's stopping a native citizen getting that same work when they have the benefit of having been educated and lived here their entire life. A lot of native Brits don't want to do manual labour or hard work and they get generous enough benefits that it doesn't pay to work like it should.

Look at the explosion of reality tv programmes, The recent generations either want to go to university and see those jobs as below them or they want to make money quick degrading themselves on tv.

I think welfare should be completely restricted, regardless of country of origin or citizenship. If an EU citizen like yourself can come here and get work easily at £9 an hour, what's stopping a native citizen getting that same work when they have the benefit of having been educated and lived here their entire life. A lot of native Brits don't want to do manual labour or hard work and they get generous enough benefits that it doesn't pay to work like it should.

Look at the explosion of reality tv programmes, The recent generations either want to go to university and see those jobs as below them or they want to make money quick degrading themselves on tv.

Oh yes, but I mean those with genuine reasons for which they cannot take up on work such as medical conditions or disabilities.

If thats the only way you can see it, I guess. Some people are pretty simple that way.

The values of the mid east directly conflict with what we have worked to become as a society. I don't want my daughter growing up in a world with people who view women as subordinate, for example. No sensible person does but people like you are just so conditioned to not see the forest for the trees. You see no reason to have some sort of standard as a society because it might hurt someones feelings, so just let the whole world burn.
You called them shit , that's pretty clear , the brush your painting with is incredibly broad , your position lacks any nuance.

I've known too many people from many different Regions of the mid east to think the way you do , maybe should get out if your bubble

You called them shit , that's pretty clear , the brush your painting with is incredibly broad , your position lacks any nuance.

I've known too many people from many different Regions of the mid east to think the way you do , maybe should get out if your bubble

Do you concede that it's possible to oppose 3rd world immigration for reasons other than race?

Imagine this sentiment- "I've known too many people from the inner city to think the way you do." That could very well be true, but it would be foolish to move to the hood based on that rationale.

I'm not saying that the Middle East is like the hood, it's just a clash of cultures. If Syria, before the war, received millions of Brits who treated the host culture with disdain, they would, and should, have the same complaints. The few good Brits you know wouldn't hinder that fact.

JFC lots of ignorance in this this thread.

If thats the only way you can see it, I guess. Some people are pretty simple that way.

The values of the mid east directly conflict with what we have worked to become as a society. I don't want my daughter growing up in a world with people who view women as subordinate, for example. No sensible person does but people like you are just so conditioned to not see the forest for the trees. You see no reason to have some sort of standard as a society because it might hurt someones feelings, so just let the whole world burn.

Beautifully said.

Do you concede that it's possible to oppose 3rd world immigration for reasons other than race?

Imagine this sentiment- "I've known too many people from the inner city to think the way you do." That could very well be true, but it would be foolish to move to the hood based on that rationale.

I'm not saying that the Middle East is like the hood, it's just a clash of cultures. If Syria, before the war, received millions of Brits who treated the host culture with disdain, they would, and should, have the same complaints. The few good Brits you know wouldn't hinder that fact.
I believe it comes down to racism or ignorance if you are opposed to all immigration from the middle East

The scenario you described isn't how it should be , immigration should for the most part be merrit based ( skilled and educated ) with vetted refugees making up a smaller portion , the refugees should be families for the most part and those refugees should be dispersed to different areas that need workers.

I have a friend who is helping some Syrian refugees settle in and by all accounts their good people, I see no good reason to bar these people from coming.

We helped create the problems in the middle East, taking in some refugees isn't too much to ask imo

I believe it comes down to racism or ignorance if you are opposed to all immigration from the middle East

The scenario you described isn't how it should be , immigration should for the most part be merrit based ( skilled and educated ) with vetted refugees making up a smaller portion , the refugees should be families for the most part and those refugees should be dispersed to different areas that need workers.

I have a friend who is helping some Syrian refugees settle in and by all accounts their good people, I see no good reason to bar these people from coming.

We helped create the problems in the middle East, taking in some refugees isn't too much to ask imo

I agree that it would be ignorant to oppose all immigration from the Middle East, but that's rarely the complaint, instead it's that immigration in it's present form is changing the landscape of the host country and enclaves are being created.

As for humanitarian efforts, sure, that's noble and a duty to some extent, but a country should not run as safe house for the downtrodden. The fact is that the Syrian crisis was used as subterfuge by those who simply wanted to go to Europe who were not themselves refugees, and I don't blame them, I blame the immigration policies.

Anecdotal evidence is never appropriate here. I also know a Mexican guy that was kicked out of the US for being there, and working there, illegally, and now lives in Canada and continues to work here illegally. He's a great guy and he's only doing what is in his best interest. It would break my heart to see the guy get deported, he has a newborn daughter, but I can objectively recognize that a country cannot simply run as an asylum. Just because he's my friend doesn't change that fact.

I agree that it would be ignorant to oppose all immigration from the Middle East, but that's rarely the complaint, instead it's that immigration in it's present form is changing the landscape of the host country and enclaves are being created.

As for humanitarian efforts, sure, that's noble and a duty to some extent, but a country should not run as safe house for the downtrodden. The fact is that the Syrian crisis was used as subterfuge by those who simply wanted to go to Europe who were not themselves refugees, and I don't blame them, I blame the immigration policies.

Anecdotal evidence is never appropriate here. I also know a Mexican guy that was kicked out of the US for being there, and working there, illegally, and now lives in Canada and continues to work here illegally. He's a great guy and he's only doing what is in his best interest. It would break my heart to see the guy get deported, he has a newborn daughter, but I can objectively recognize that a country cannot simply run as an asylum. Just because he's my friend doesn't change that fact.
So in the end we aren't far apart at all

Nevermind that theft in England is at more than a 40 year low

resource

So in the end we aren't far apart at all

No, I think most reasonable people aren't too far apart, this conversation too often gets hijacked by extremists, and/or we're quick to attribute malice to those who seemingly disagree with our position. The latter one really bothers me, as I don't think the average person is morally bankrupt.

No, I think most reasonable people aren't too far apart, this conversation too often gets hijacked by extremists, and/or we're quick to attribute malice to those who seemingly disagree with our position. The latter one really bothers me, as I don't think the average person is morally bankrupt.
People too often no longer listen to understand the other person's position the only listen enough to form their counter argument

It makes any real discussion almost impossible

People too often no longer listen to understand the other person's position the only listen enough to form their counter argument

It makes any real discussion almost impossible

I agree, and just to clarify, I'm guilty of these mistakes as well, but I'm glad to find common ground.

At the very least when we disagree with each other, we shouldn't suggest that the other person (or side) only disagrees because they are immoral. That's become commonplace in politics and in the WR.

Back