Woman caned in Indonesia for 'standing too close to her boyfriend'

once they were great empire though, we have to give them that.

yeah but i agree with you.

Indonesia is once part of the Hindu Budhist empires of the Srivijaya and Majapahit empires it is an Austronesian Empire that spans up to parts of medern day Philippines.

I am not Indonesian but as an Austronesian ( Filipino ) I have to feel proud of my fellows accomplishments.

It is just sad that they are being arrabized in a very negative way specially Aceh.

They fought the Portugese, they fought the Dutch, they fought the Japanese... charging machine guns with swords. Took a tsunami wiping them out to quiet the region down.
Judging Indonesians by Aceh, even Indonesian muslims, is like judging American Christians by Appalachian snake handlers or Mormons by the FLDS.

Speaking about the Tsunami, we all heard about the various killings in different parts of Indonesia.

You know what is one of the most attrocious thing I have heard a Christian say?

This so called Christian colleague of mine told me that the Indonesian province of Aceh deserved the Tsunami because evil Muslims blah blah blah and that is Gods punishment.

So I told him so God Murdered all those inocent people in Aceh including the Children and the tourist in Phuket?

He just said well God knows what he is doing...

I swear there are some son of a Bitch people like that the worst thing it is not the last time I heard a Christian say something like that.

Jesus H. Christ if his so called God can create natural disasters to kill Muslims they should have killed some Abu Sayafs and the 9/11 terrorists.

Damn that really sucks shit what if people are hungry?forcing people to fast is barbaric I think they just want to force non Muslims away.

Speaking of Red Panty night when I went to Malaysia last year I stole the red panties of our host's sister I sneaked in to her room and found that red bikini Panty in her suitcase one of my weird souvenirs from that trip.

I am about to visit again in December I hope his sister joins in again hahaha what color should I try to get this time?
They're not forced to fast. It's like Brunei. They want to be to out arab the arabs. Non-muslims can't sell food even to non-muslims during ramadan. Well, you tak suka, you keluar.

Speaking about the Tsunami, we all heard about the various killings in different parts of Indonesia.

You know what is one of the most attrocious thing I have heard a Christian say?

This so called Christian colleague of mine told me that the Indonesian province of Aceh deserved the Tsunami because evil Muslims blah blah blah and that is Gods punishment.

So I told him so God Murdered all those inocent people in Aceh including the Children and the tourist in Phuket?

He just said well God knows what he is doing...

I swear there are some son of a Bitch people like that the worst thing it is not the last time I heard a Christian say something like that.

Jesus H. Christ if his so called God can create natural disasters to kill Muslims they should have killed some Abu Sayafs and the 9/11 terrorists.

Yeah, my cousin was there at the time. Fortunately they knew what it meant when a tide goes way, way out.

They're not forced to fast. It's like Brunei. They want to be to out arab the arabs. Non-muslims can't sell food even to non-muslims during ramadan. Well, you tak suka, you keluar.

Thats what I meant forced to fast I mean if you are hungry and you cant find a store to buy cooked food that could be a problem I eat a lot.

I think I would rather have my back caned and get to eat.

I heard the caning they do to women are not really hard hitting or is it still painfull? Either way I don't agree with any type of public punishment just for kissing your girl in public.

I just can't agree on that they can call me racist Islamaphobe or shit I would say that shit is nasty.

I think some of the contrarians on Sherdog just want to deliberately piss of people so if that is what they want I will give it to them.

So for the Trolls and flaim baiters FUCK YOU.

The only thing I understand is Keluar which means exit.

I love how Basha Malay/ Indones have some cognates with Tagalog.

Thats what I meant forced to fast I mean if you are hungry and you cant find a store to buy cooked food that could be a problem I eat a lot.

I heard the caning they do to women are not really hard hitting or is it still painfull? Either way I don't agree with any type of public punishment just for kissing your girl in public.

I just can't agree on that they can call me racist Islamaphobe or shit I would say that shit is nasty.

I think some of the contrarians on Sherdog just want to deliberately piss of people so if that is what they want I will give it to them.

You can eat, but not in public.

Yeah, my cousin was there at the time. Fortunately they knew what it meant when a tide goes way, way out.

You know I am one of the hard core critiques of Islam and Islamic Indonesia here as we have dissagreed with a lot of issues in the past and I am sure you know that.

But fuck it never crossed my mind that I think they deserved that Tsunami because of Islam or the numerous riots like the Poso riots and other stuff.

Its thst type of rethoric that can turn some religious people into murderers. Then you have this Fucktard RipSkater who keeps on bringing Obama into any Muslim issue. This is not even about Obama I am no fan of Obama but fuck off with that anti Obama crap already it is pointless he will leave the office in a few months.

If I am at work can I eat in the Pantry? So that means in Aceh if I want to go snacking I have to go home? No fast food no carinderia?

Supposedly. I read news where elementary teachers here in Malaysia humiliating non-muslims. Making them drink or eat in the bathroom.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Non-...eat-in-bathroom-because-of-Ramadan-28561.html
Non-Muslim pupils forced to eat in bathroom because of Ramadan

But this is the goat though.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-drink-Ramadan-bathroom-consume-urine.html
School is firebombed after Malaysian teacher told non-Muslim students if they wanted to drink during Ramadan they should go to the bathroom and consume their own urine

And Malaysia is a moderate. I shudder to think what Acehnese are doing to non-muslims.

Supposedly. I read news where elementary teachers here in Malaysia humiliating non-muslims. Making them drink or eat in the bathroom.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Non-...eat-in-bathroom-because-of-Ramadan-28561.html

But this is the goat though.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-drink-Ramadan-bathroom-consume-urine.html

And Malaysia is a moderate. I shudder to think what Acehnese are doing to non-muslims.

Jesus H.Christ...

But about that Panty Raid what color do you think I should grab this time?

She must be thankful for keeping her head... or not being stoned to death

First world problems. Wait until like 8 pm or whenever the sun has set or stock up on food in your apartment. You just don't run out of rice n beans.

That's nothing, women in America have to listen to leaked audio of locker room talk, and can become President if they want to. Our rape culture here is terrible & prevalent so we are in no position to judge.
you know you can be outraged and want to help both situations, right?

i hate this stance so much. just because others have it perceivably worse, doesn't mean your right to change is negated.

you know you can be outraged and want to help both situations, right?

i hate this stance so much. just because others have it perceivably worse, doesn't mean your right to change is negated.

I just don't like this notion a lot of people have that we live in a 'rape culture', when our society almost universally finds rape repulsive. I also don't like how the people who claim we live in a 'rape culture' are often the very same people who talk about how it is wrong to judge other countries' cultures (like the story in the OP).

We (in the US) give ourselves an endless amount of shit as though we are the most racist/sexist country, and yet we are set to go from a black president, to a woman president, and there will be no riots in the streets. It is largely manufactured offense. We are overdramatic when we don't need to be (pretending that our society is a minefield of rape & lynching when it isn't), and then at the same time we mostly look the other way completely on things that are actually happening (rich people getting away with fucking everyone in the ass, literally & figuratively, & our own massive reliance on slave labor in so-called 3rd world countries).

Last edited:
I just don't like this notion a lot of people have that we live in a 'rape culture', when our society almost universally finds rape repulsive. I also don't like how the people who claim we live in a 'rape culture' are often the very same people who talk about how it is wrong to judge other countries' cultures (like the story in the OP).

We (in the US) give ourselves an endless amount of shit as though we are the most racist/sexist country, and yet we are set to go from a black president, to a woman president, and yet there will be no riots in the streets. It is largely manufactured offense. We are overdramatic when we don't need to be (pretending that our society is a minefield of rape & lynching when it isn't), and then at the same time we mostly look the other way completely on things that are actually happening (rich people getting away with fucking everyone in the ass, literally & figuratively, & our own massive reliance on slave labor in so-called 3rd world countries).
I'm assuming you basing this mostly on stuff you've read on internet articles and social media and not in your personal life/public space. If so, you're always going to have a subsection people who for a lack of better phrasing; do the most whilst ignoring the important issues.

I do agree with you that there is a problem with white feminism in where WOC are either completely ignored or admonished for what's perceived to be anti-feminist actions (for example, muslim women wearing the burka/veil - umm isn't the whole point that you're free to chose?). I'm just saying that your post is not helpful when there are genuine problems worldwide with women. Bashing one to defend the other is not helpful.

First world problems. Wait until like 8 pm or whenever the sun has set or stock up on food in your apartment. You just don't run out of rice n beans.

I really eat a lot I have to eat on the road can't just stock up on food in my flat or something I need to eat a lot I am fat man!

Back