Woman calls police to report disturbance, ends up killed by police

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-woman-killed-police-minneapolis-030759509.html

Without knowing the details, I can't comment. However, the cops involved did not have their body cams turned on. According to the woman's son, she was shot for no reason.
This literally makes no sense. Did she follow them to the alley? Or did they find something in the alley and try to shoot it and the ricochet hit her? The fact that the police wont even say that the officers feared for their safety, or even try to release a statement as too what crime she committed is strange as hell. Where is BLM when you need them, as this literally looks like a pair of cops just up and killed this chick for no reason.

Too bad it's a white person, so BLM or anyone else for that matter wont really care.

Not much story here until even the bare bone facts come out.

EDIT: She's white. I demand a full investigation into this and criminal charges for both officers.

This literally makes no sense. Did she follow them to the alley? Or did they find something in the alley and try to shoot it and the ricochet hit her? The fact that the police wont even say that the officers feared for their safety, or even try to release a statement as too what crime she committed is strange as hell. Where is BLM when you need them, as this literally looks like a pair of cops just up and killed this chick for no reason.

Too bad it's a white person, so BLM or anyone else for that matter wont really care.

Dont worry, this is a White person we talking about. These cops are going to be in jail for a looong time, no BLM needed.

People don't seem to understand that when you call the police you aren't pushing a button for help. You are pushing the escalation button.

The days of protect and serve are over.

People don't seem to understand that when you call the police you aren't pushing a button for help. You are pushing the escalation button.

The days of protect and serve are over.

Pretty sure this is still America and you're wrong.

Sounds like she thought she was approaching cops in Australia and not trigger happy American psychos. She was probably worked up from whatever happened that caused her to call and approached the car aggressively and the cop blasted her dead. She probably had a phone in her hand and the cop will say he thought it was a gun.

Sounds like she thought she was approaching cops in Australia and not trigger happy American psychos. She was probably worked up from whatever happened that caused her to call and approached the car aggressively and the cop blasted her dead. She probably had a phone in her hand and the cop will say he thought it was a gun.

Yeah exactly my thoughts.

That poor woman probably did something that would have been ok with non US cops. Seems like if you make one little mistake in the US and you get shot.

Damn... Yall sound like black folks discussing a police involved shooting.

Here, let me save yall the suspense, NOT GUILTY by way of being Overcharged.

Should be a 'guess the country' thread.

Fire them for not putting the cameras on. An independent investigation is needed. I understand the cameras can be off when you are sitting in the cruiser picking your ass at a speed trap, but once the lights are on or dispatched out, that shit should be on.

so buddy shot across his partner to hit her through the car door/window?

This is what happens when you don't punish your police when they do wrong. You give other police the confidence to do more wrong and on top of that get a paid vacation.

Love how every person in this thread is replying like they were sat in the back of the cop car when he pulled the trigger.
People speculate when given incomplete information. It's what we do, relax.

Just from what has been put out so far, it sounds like one officer totally panicked and the other didn't. I would think shooting across your partner from inside of a car is probably not taught in the academy unless you clearly see a gun or are already being fired at. This is a very sad and tragic story...thoughts and prayers for her family.

I was reading on Yahoo comments, some guy said:

why haven't the police released any information on what happened.
Are they buying time trying to concoct a believable story???

The fuck why? It's a camera, ffs. It has no reason not to give a objective point of... Oh.

Because then they won't be able to use the lock-tight defense of "I din donuffin".

Back