Woman beheaded in broad daylight in "moderate" Muslim country as police watch

Are they though? ive heard a lot of women in Malaysia wear hijabs and there are rules regarding inter religious marriage.
Well, its not going to turn Islam into a carbon copy of what the West has in Christianity(i.e. a private religion). It might still be a form of Islam Westerners don't like. But I would see it as a success as long as it just leads to stable and prosperous societies that are relatively free. Islam will most likely continue to play a prominent role in public life and politics, just hopefully in a less polarizing and destructive way.

Well, its not going to turn Islam into a carbon copy of what the West has in Christianity(i.e. a private religion). It might still be a form of Islam Westerners don't like. But I would see it as a success as long as it just leads to stable and prosperous societies that are relatively free. Islam will most likely continue to play a prominent role in public life and politics, just hopefully in a less polarizing and destructive way.

Oh I see, so it seems what i have been hearing is more superficial (and probably fear mongering) stuff but Malaysia seems to have an infrastructure for a more secular future.

Oh I see, so it seems what i have been hearing is more superficial (and probably fear mongering) stuff but Malaysia seems to have an infrastructure for a more secular future.
Well, probably not entirely fear mongering. Indonesia and Malaysia have more decentralized political systems that gives a lot of law making autonomy to its localities. So one locality might be secular and another might pass a draconian law.

Aceh is the most conservative Muslim region in Indonesia and its notorious for some stricter Islamic laws. But the reason I think this is a good thing is because its a model for very diverse countries where you have many different cultures or sects or ethnic groups who might want to have their own set of laws. This system allows for that which reduces the threat of secessionist insurgencies. Aceh had one but the Indonesian government reached a power sharing settlement that almost entirely neutralized the insurgency.

Once you have this kind of power sharing arrangement and things are kept stable I believe that gradual social reform can happen over the long term. Jim Crow was not dismantled in a day and Aceh will not stop caning adulterers in public in a day either. But now at least the government aren't fighting rebels in that area so education and civil society can get to work.

It appears to me that the left has defended Islam around every corner. I've seen plenty of leftists support sharia law...how has the left NOT been supporting Islamic radicals? Or moderate Muslims? "Moderate Muslims" are still pretty radical in the US btw.

At these anti-Trump protests it's not uncommon to see a feminist holding a women's rights sign next to a covered up Muslim woman holding a "Islam is peace " sign. That's what's idiotic.

I've never heard of Saudi Arabia being referred to as a moderate Islamic country. Never. If the angle you're trying to work here is that these fundamentalist maniacs have given so much to Hillary, fine but I've never heard the #imwithher crowd refer to the Saudis as moderate, they tend to just ignore the whole issue.

It appears to me that the left has defended Islam around every corner. I've seen plenty of leftists support sharia law...how has the left NOT been supporting Islamic radicals? Or moderate Muslims? "Moderate Muslims" are still pretty radical in the US btw.

At these anti-Trump protests it's not uncommon to see a feminist holding a women's rights sign next to a covered up Muslim woman holding a "Islam is peace " sign. That's what's idiotic.
Saudi Arabia has been our "ally" since GHW Bush and Reagan were sucking their dicks. Saudi Arabia being an "ally" of America has literally nothing to do with "the left".

Saudi Arabia has been our "ally" since GHW Bush and Reagan were sucking their dicks. Saudi Arabia being an "ally" of America has literally nothing to do with "the left".
So the only reason we continue to be allies with SA is because of a dead guy and a nearly dead guy? It has nothing to do with Hillary making weapons deals with countries that donate to the Clinton Foundation?

So the only reason we continue to be allies with SA is because of a dead guy and a nearly dead guy? It has nothing to do with Hillary making weapons deals with countries that donate to the Clinton Foundation?
By that logic, now it's Trump's fault.

By that logic, now it's Trump's fault.
Right, because Hillary was SoS for 8 years and Trump has been president for like a week, those are the same thing. Why would you even waste your time posting something that easy to refute?

Right, because Hillary was SoS for 8 years and Trump has been president for like a week, those are the same thing. Why would you even waste your time posting something that easy to refute?
Exactly. Now go back and read and try and realize why you sound so stupid.

It was George H.W. Bush who saved them from Saddam and then George W Bush who was holding hands and kissing their kings and princes. The alliance with Saudi Arabia is a bipartisan affair, if you can't see that your head is in the sand.

It was George H.W. Bush who saved them from Saddam and then George W Bush who was holding hands and kissing their kings and princes. The alliance with Saudi Arabia is a bipartisan affair, if you can't see that your head is in the sand.
Neither men have been in power for nearly a decade at the earliest.

Trump had business ties with SA, but where are his political ties?

Exactly. Now go back and read and try and realize why you sound so stupid.
I don't see Trump making weapons deals with SA and receiving huge donations from Saudi royalty.

You might want to go back and read our exchange yourself, guy...

Neither men have been in power for nearly a decade at the earliest.
So? Its pretty obvious the Republicans are just as cozy with the Saudis as the Democrats. If Bush's physical affection for their leaders is any indication they might be more so
Trump had business ties with SA, but where are his political ties?
Where did I mention Trump?

Back