Wolfenstein : The New Order

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
I loved Return To Castle Wolfenstein on XBox
Havent played any of the others but this one definitely has me interested

Just picked this up used for 20 bucks. Having a blast so far. Great graphics, voice acting, cut scenes, pretty much everything. Brutal as fuck too. Been a while since I decapitated someone with a shotgun.

Still one of my favorite new gen games. Had a blast playing it and loved the Old Blood DLC. Looks like a sequel could be in the works as well.

According to Polish actress Alicja Bachleda-Curuś, who played Anya in The New Order, a new Wolfenstein is in the works, but it could take a couple of years.

Translated by Eurogamer, Bachleda-Curuś told Polish TV station TVN:

I’m working on a video game, first part of which I have already made. Now we’re making a second one, which will take two more years.

I played this game as a child. I was very happy when I got to the point where I could shoot Hitler.

Judging by her comment, it seems this new Wolfenstein would be a direct sequel to The New Order.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-the-new-order-sequel-voice-actress-hints-at/

Yeah, big fan of RTCW on the PC.
I am waiting for this one to come out. Looks pretty good.

I'm like 5 hours into this and I'm finding it pretty dull. Another game where I'm rooting for the Nazi's dis shit ain't healthy.

The Nazi's are everything this game should be - they're camp and cartoony and fun - but you gotta be stuck in the depressing hole of misery that is the resistance. I can't believe how seriously this game takes itself. All the resistance characters are awful, but especially BJ. He's even worse than the tweener you play in Farcry3. A romance subplot? Srs?

Anyway that aside it's pretty run of the mill. And what's with all the fetch quests around the resistance base?

i agree with this. i feel like the game was trying to be too many different things, and ended up not doing anything all that great.

I'm more excited about the Doom 4 demo that's coming with it.

I'm looking forward to this though.

Still haven't finished this game. Waking up in the hospital was the last I remember. How far along was I?

Kind of sad about this. Nazi's are sexy as fuark, and they're ruining it with these mechs that could've been copy pasted from Hawken or Titanfall or Mechwarrior or whatever mech game's flavour of the month atm.

If they had to do mech's, it would've been better if they ripped off the Strogg. That shit would've been more Nazi IMo, and more inkeeping with Wolfenstein

When's it due out?

Also, I love this trailer:

Nevermind, the trailer answered my question.

The mental hospital? Where the Nazis shoot all the patients?

Yeah that's what I remember. Right after infiltrating the base and then reuniting with my team. That was just the intro?

That's hilarious. I'll have to get back in there and finish this sometime.

Return to castle was amazing. cant wait for this one.

I've been playing this on and off and I really dislike the enemies and sci-fi stuff, especially when my firepower doesn't seem to be enough making each battle long and tedious.

I really hope it doesn't have regenerating health. That's my main gripe with all modern FPS games.

Im stuck on a particularly shitty part and I quit playing.

You can pre-order on GMG for just $45 and get Return to Castle Wolfenstein for free if you use this code when checking out:

GMG025-EASTER-024HRS

(Voucher expires tomorrow at 4PM UTC!)

I just hope the MP doesn't have too much unrealistic sci-fi type stuff. RTCW MP was the best at creating teamwork between the different classes. Hope that's preserved. Oh, and German. Everyone better be speaking German.

I just hope the MP doesn't have too much unrealistic sci-fi type stuff. RTCW MP was the best at creating teamwork between the different classes. Hope that's preserved. Oh, and German. Everyone better be speaking German.

It's actually going to be single-player only. They wanted to devote 100% of their resources to making the best SP possible.

It's actually going to be single-player only. They wanted to devote 100% of their resources to making the best SP possible.

Well that's fucked.

Did anyone pre-order on steam?

I didn't know this.

That kinda sucks, but if they can pull it off, it will be awesome.

I hope they go back to the basics a little bit; include healthpacks instead of health regeneration, WW2 original weapons and not so much futuristic robot crap, keep it simple with decent AI infantrymen, paratroopers and nazi ubersoldaten.

Back