"Wolf tickets" referenced during NBA Playoffs

]Hey Reggie! 911 just called: they found your shot!"
-Spike Lee
Didn't he score like 9 points in 20 seconds in that game?[/QUOTE]
Im actually talkin´about the commercial they made together

Oh, he actually dropped 8 points in 8 seconds. That's why the commercial was made. Spike and Reggie always had friendly beef.

According to the urban dictionary, 'wolf tickets' is a saying.

wolf tickets
1)To speak aggressively to someone without intending to back it up with violence.

I dont think the Diaz bros came up with the saying.

Diaz wrote that description. On a friday I believe.

I still think it's "Woof" tickets, meaning you're selling something based on the promotion and not the actual show.
Yes. Etymology of slang can be a tricky business, but originally the phrase was woof tickets.

Thank you for your contribution. Somebody already said that. Why don't you give him a like and delete your post? It's like a broken record in here.
I'm aware somebody already said that. I quoted the post wherein he said it and added in my confirmation. Derp.

First time i heard it referenced was Xzibit- Paparazzi.

Thats was like 1996

Wow, TS, you seriously just figured this out. You think Nick Diaz is creating slogans??? Wolf tickets was a popular phrase (largely African american) from the 70s. Try reading a book, watching a movie, comprehending something about culture, retaining facts in your head, etc, some time.

Ain't shit going on lately. Just caught this on TNT. Reggie Miller uses the phrase "Wolf tickets." I thought Nick Diaz came up with that phrase on the spot. Turns out the guy just has an extensive vocabulary and knowledge of phrases from the 1960's. Finding out Nick Diaz didn't come up with "wolf tickets" ... it just makes me feel empty inside.

LOL! What a shock. It's the moron who named himself after the title character from a novel based on significant historical events and had no idea any of it was based on reality. Mind: blown.

LOL! What a shock. It's the moron who named himself after the title character from a novel based on significant historical events and had no idea any of it was based on reality. Mind: blown.
Christ your the guy who said "Shogun" was a biography. Loosely based doesn't make it non-fiction. You are such a moron.

Oh sorry I didn't bother reading your shit. You have 24,000 posts in 3 years. I have 650 in 2. I'm the one who needs to go outside and explore the world? GTFO of here.
1. My comment wasn't shit.
2. I'm sorry my post count offends you.
3. I said nothing about you exploring the world, as you seem to imply I did.
4. Did I do or say something in particular that bothered you or are you generally just a belligerent person?

1. My comment wasn't shit.
2. I'm sorry my post count offends you.
3. I said nothing about you exploring the world, as you seem to imply I did.
4. Did I do or say something in particular that bothered you or are you generally just a belligerent person?
No, I find you to be a quality poster. I apologize. I am working on my belligerence. My daddy was not nice to me.

Last edited:
Ain't shit going on lately. Just caught this on TNT. Reggie Miller uses the phrase "Wolf tickets." I thought Nick Diaz came up with that phrase on the spot. Turns out the guy just has an extensive vocabulary and knowledge of phrases from the 1960's. Finding out Nick Diaz didn't come up with "wolf tickets" ... it just makes me feel empty inside.

heard that too.
not surprised to hear that it's an older saying, but Nick made it part of the contemporary MMA lexicon.

p.s. Reggie Miller sucks

OP isn't very embarrassing.

His conduct following it is.

What a thin skinned tool.

I like to think Nick is a big Blood In Blood Out fan. Danny Trejo says it to Ving Reigms (sp) when Miklo kills Big Al in the stock room.

He goes "Look, I know you're the gangs unit investigator, but whoever told you it was me is selling wolf ticket, man." Or something like that.

Yeah, it's an old school word from the convict world, I heard it used in a book about Alcatraz, and The Rock closed in 1963.

Back