(WMMA) The myth that 115lbs is a deeper/better division than 135lbs. (JJs poor competition)

No, this is the erroneous "common sense" that I'm referring to. You've been brainwashed by media to think that 140-150 lbs is an abnormal weight for women (especially women who train grappling who tend to build up muscle), foolish. The average American woman is 160+ lbs, yeah that's out of shape but if they train seriously they're not going to only lose fat, they'll also gain muscle so 145 walking around is a more realistic weight than 115 (tiny).
Im european my gf is 56 kg's like probably most of her friends...I got father in US and basically M size in US = L size in Europe... same with shoes American are just bigger... doesn't matter.
But america ain't whole world, not to mention lets not forget those girls cut good 10 pounds... or more who knows...

ps:
Just counted 145 lbs that's almost 66kg's... i would get crushed in bed with that extra 10 kg's... hmm or maybe I should...;). Hands down I can see your point, best of luck.

List one good striker Joanna has fought. Gadelha is okay for a 115lber who has no background in striking. Karolina has heart and is sort of okay. That's it buddy.

Name one good wrestler Joanna has fought. Esparza is the only wrestler she has fought in the UFC. This is a fact. 135lbs has much better wrestlers if we're being honest.

I'm not a hater. I'm looking at the credentials, and the showings these ladies are putting in. You can not call what Jessica Andrade did last night, 'striking'.
KK outstruck Inoue, Jessica Penne beat RENA in stand up rules, Hill and Jojo have both looked inferior in striking despite their background. Not to mention all the strikers JJ beat in MT.

Imo it looks bad on 135 that a natural 115er made the top 10, and a natural 125er is ranked 2nd and gave the champ a very close fight. Not trying to hate on 135, Ronda was pretty cool, its pretty clear though that female fighters cluster arround 112-118 and 135 is the equivalent of men's 205.

its pretty clear though that female fighters cluster arround 112-118 and 135 is the equivalent of men's 205.
Not if you research actual fighter numbers instead of relying on flawed (read: shit) "common sense."

125 = men's LW since the most fighters fight there, 135 = WW and 115 = FW. 145 = MW, 105 = BW and WMMA is too shallow for an equivalent of LHW, HW, and FLW to really exist at the moment.

Man I really hate these stupid assumptions so many make based on their "common sense" regarding what size fit women (who in this case train grappling and are likely to build muscle) should be which really consists of perceptions warped by media. Why are people such sheep...

Last edited:
Not if you research actual fighter numbers instead of relying on flawed (read: shit) "common sense."

125 = men's LW since the most fighters fight there, 135 = WW and 115 = FW. 145 = MW, 105 = BW and WMMA is too shallow for an equivalent of LHW, HW, and FLW to really exist at the moment.

Man I really hate these stupid assumptions so many make based on their "common sense" regarding what size fit women (who in this case train grappling and are likely to build muscle) should be which really consists of perceptions warped by media. Why are people such sheep...
Its not common sense, its years of watching combat sports. Most fight at 125? Maybe in MMA, in more established and global sports like boxing and kickboxing it seems cluster as I said. I see more women fighting at 108 than 125 actually. Btw, passive aggressive is a bad look for you.

Back