WMMA in the UFC is cute; overall I don't see it as anything other than that.

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And yes, that does seem sexist, but it's UNFAIR TO WOMEN to compare them to men.

It's like comparing the WNBA to the NBA... O_O

That said, some girls can fight...but that is absolutely NOT the norm.

In closing, I will say this: Imagine if you are a girl in the UFC who can actually fight... Would you not be embarrassed at the overall level of competition?

I find it a disservice to women on the whole that the quality of fighters in WMMA is so poor.

...but obviously it's not their fault. The UFC is to blame for setting up a flawed system in the first place.

Ironically, I think the evolution of WMMA has been slowed by the very existence of WMMA in the UFC...again, due to the rushed nature.

Oh, and in regards to Holm vs Borg --- Holm isn't good enough to keep Cyborg off of her via point fighting, (Holly is fine a fuck, but boring as shit) and that will equate to an exciting match while it lasts, but in terms of a headliner...nah. Barboza vs Khabib should've been the main event.

Nobody's ever made a thread like this before, thank you for this insight.

even wmma at the top level is poor so idk what are you talking about ts

those chicks talk up big game before the fight almost everytime,but when the time comes its 25 minutes of ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ishhhhhhhhhhhh ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ronda is still a top 3 and would still beat everyone in the division except for Nunes (Holly can be beaten with a good gameplan)

even wmma at the top level is poor so idk what are you talking about ts

those chicks talk up big game before the fight almost everytime,but when the time comes its 25 minutes of ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ishhhhhhhhhhhh ishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Duh.

WMMA is indeed...embryonic. You're just proving my point.

WMMA is not ready for prime-time, which is the gist of what I'm saying.

Sexy Rousey was always sexy to me

Ronda-Rousey-54 (1).jpg

The only bad thing about ignoring an account is that you can still see their thread titles.
A little feedback for Sherdog to consider, it would be awesome to have ignored accounts become completely invisible.

Rose taps out guys all the time. According to Joe Rogan, she can tap out half of the guys at 115.

Pro tip: Never take seriously the opinions of anyone with an anime pic as their avatar.

The women train hard and have the right to be competitors. How do you think mens mma has become so well rounded? Exposure and interest.

You are right, mens and womens mma are at two different places right now for the most part. It was not that long ago that the men were coming in with one discipline wearing a boxing glove. I would say the women are a lot further along the path than that.

There are some good female fighters competing today there is just a limited talent pool so far. As long as people have realistic expectations then they won't be disappointed. If you don't like it then don't watch. There are plenty of people who like it just fine and it will only improve.

Back