WME Paid $4Billion For 3 fighters, Jones's Net Value Loss for the UFC is $1.33Billion Dollars

Obviously I agree with all

But my query wasn't really stated well & I apologize.

Is there a legality as far as potential control/takeover/etc, for WME as far as over/under 51% share of UFC going public (if they do)?

Also they might only put part of the company up for IPO, like WWE.

I do not know the answer to your question since it is out of my area of legal expertise. I wonder if we have any corporate attorneys or executives on this board who could lend their expertise.

I do not know the answer to your question since it is out of my area of legal expertise. I wonder if we have any corporate attorneys or executives on this board who could lend their expertise.

I appreciate you being honest about where you are versed.
As this & other threads prove, most are not lol

It just seems all of a sudden the 51% is a bigger deal.
Made me think about IPO once the TV deal goes through
Seems like moves are being made

@Vicky
This gives you some insight on India.

The government paid them a guarantee to go there & they priced out the lower-class.
Pretty much what we discussed.

Meltzer: The company is planning a Raw tour in December which will include two dates in India. It’s surprising since they’ve gone to such great effort to put over Mahal as WWE champion on the Smackdown brand. I’d suspect Mahal will be brought in for the tour. At press time, these dates are not official and the only thing WWE would say about them is that there are plans for shows in India before the year is over. It looks to be a three-show tour with a 12/6 show at the Zayed Sports City Tennis Stadium in Abu Dhabi. WWE has gone to Abu Dhabi in the past. The last time they went they drew poorly, but the gate was strong because they could charge high ticket prices and it really didn’t matter since the government purchased the show. They would then run 12/7 and 12/8 in New Dehli, India at the Indira Ghandi indoor stadium. WWE ran there last in January 2016, drawing 11,500 fans to each show, but they weren’t catering as much to the Indian demo at the time. That was the first time back in India since the ill-fated 2002 tour that was pretty much nightmarish with a lot of people getting sick and not drawing well. It was so bad that one wrestler told me when he got back that if he was booked on another tour to India, he’d rather quit the company than go again. Nobody was saying that after the last tour which must have been a lot better

Would that mean the net lost would have been $2.66 billion?

Those fighters were big draws but let's be realistic though they weren't worth $1.33 billion each..

No they bought it so they could have a blind following of 150k people who will pay for for any card like 215 because "you cant judge a card on paper" and have those same people skip a Bellator event headlined by Rory vs Lima because its the minor leagues.

Just look at your idioic posts

UFC nuthugger dolt
Bahahah UFC hugger! Bahaaha
Flash in the pan fan

I'm a MMA fan and know the sport is not going anywhere...while you sit there and post that a company lost because of three fighters

Clown

@Vicky
This gives you some insight on India.

The government paid them a guarantee to go there & they priced out the lower-class.
Pretty much what we discussed.

Meltzer: The company is planning a Raw tour in December which will include two dates in India. It’s surprising since they’ve gone to such great effort to put over Mahal as WWE champion on the Smackdown brand. I’d suspect Mahal will be brought in for the tour. At press time, these dates are not official and the only thing WWE would say about them is that there are plans for shows in India before the year is over. It looks to be a three-show tour with a 12/6 show at the Zayed Sports City Tennis Stadium in Abu Dhabi. WWE has gone to Abu Dhabi in the past. The last time they went they drew poorly, but the gate was strong because they could charge high ticket prices and it really didn’t matter since the government purchased the show. They would then run 12/7 and 12/8 in New Dehli, India at the Indira Ghandi indoor stadium. WWE ran there last in January 2016, drawing 11,500 fans to each show, but they weren’t catering as much to the Indian demo at the time. That was the first time back in India since the ill-fated 2002 tour that was pretty much nightmarish with a lot of people getting sick and not drawing well. It was so bad that one wrestler told me when he got back that if he was booked on another tour to India, he’d rather quit the company than go again. Nobody was saying that after the last tour which must have been a lot better

Thank you. Interesting and informative.

Rather than live shows, maybe if they could tap into India via tv. I just looked this up and India today has 780 million TV- viewing individuals. I'm only "stuck" on India because the last fight card I watched had that Canadian/Indian fighter winning his fight and it made me think about the potential market of India. I don't know the purchasing power of the Indian population tv viewing demographic (in terms of advertising revenue for tv shows). I assume WME/UFC has people who deal with global expansion/international markets but this is just an assumption on my end.

Enough of India, lol. There is still Canada, South & Central America, Europe, Russia, etc.... I'm not really worried about the UFC from a US domestic point of view. I think the tv deals will work out and "stars" will be developed. Many fans just seem nostalgic for the old days and don't seem to realize that change/evolution is all just part of the process. The coveted tv demographic IIRC is the younger market (18-35 year old) which includes males and females (anyone with money to spend on the crap advertisers try to pedal to us). Personally, moving away from the PPV model (less cards) makes sense since they likely lose a lot of money by those streaming them for free whereas is they have fight cards on non-PPV tv they* would generate money via the sale of ad space. *Hmm, I'm not sure of who they are composed (a complicated, imo, partnership between WME/UFC and whatever tv network(s) they are "partnered" with). I'm in over my head on the business aspect of this so apologies for my ignorance. lol, plus I just woke up.

On a different note, retaining majority control of a company before opening the rest of the stock up for public purchase makes sense to me but again, I'm not a business person (worked as a healthcare provider and just had a minimal role in the business aspect of the institution).

Thank you. Interesting and informative.

Rather than live shows, maybe if they could tap into India via tv. I just looked this up and India today has 780 million TV- viewing individuals. I'm only "stuck" on India because the last fight card I watched had that Canadian/Indian fighter winning his fight and it made me think about the potential market of India. I don't know the purchasing power of the Indian population tv viewing demographic (in terms of advertising revenue for tv shows). I assume WME/UFC has people who deal with global expansion/international markets but this is just an assumption on my end.

Enough of India, lol. There is still Canada, South & Central America, Europe, Russia, etc.... I'm not really worried about the UFC from a US domestic point of view. I think the tv deals will work out and "stars" will be developed. Many fans just seem nostalgic for the old days and don't seem to realize that change/evolution is all just part of the process. The coveted tv demographic IIRC is the younger market (18-35 year old) which includes males and females (anyone with money to spend on the crap advertisers try to pedal to us). Personally, moving away from the PPV model (less cards) makes sense since they likely lose a lot of money by those streaming them for free whereas is they have fight cards on non-PPV tv they* would generate money via the sale of ad space. *Hmm, I'm not sure of who they are composed (a complicated, imo, partnership between WME/UFC and whatever tv network(s) they are "partnered" with). I'm in over my head on the business aspect of this so apologies for my ignorance. lol, plus I just woke up.

On a different note, retaining majority control of a company before opening the rest of the stock up for public purchase makes sense to me but again, I'm not a business person (worked as a healthcare provider and just had a minimal role in the business aspect of the institution).

Excellent post
I am glad I publicly called you ITT lol

WME well before UFC were expanding globally. Like I mentioned they almost partnered with a hige Chinese company to buy UFC, but the other company decided to bid on their own so they could control UFC (instead of WME)

For those that don't know, these were closed bids.
So companies bid what they felt would be their highest purchase price.
There were 5-6 bids over $3.5b & supposedly one higher than WME's

<{cruzshake}>

The idea of grouping Jon in with Conor and Ronda when it comes to $$$ is preposterous. Jon has not even sniffed the money they have earned for the UFC.

He was the third biggest star and has a few PPVs in the 600-900k range.

That's still legit money.

Losing him is a big lost to the UFC.

they are probably regretting that USADA testing.

Bahahah UFC hugger! Bahaaha
Flash in the pan fan

I'm a MMA fan and know the sport is not going anywhere...while you sit there and post that a company lost because of three fighters

Clown
hows WME's balls tasting anyway?

hows WME's balls tasting anyway?
How is the flash in the pan doing?
Your so blinded by your trolling you don't see the bigger picture...never will...
Like I said MMA is still in its infancy stage...it's not going anywhere

Kids like you are a joke...but very amusing to say the least

UFC constantly gets new stars they don't need anyone

Not too long ago we all didn't know who mcgregor was... there's plenty of stars out there it just takes time to find them

There will be bigger stars than Conor. guys who are actually good and defend thier title 3x a year, talk like conor and dont go give Floyd all the profits

Conor is two fight away from being a low draw if he fights any contenders.

They should've bought ethereums instead of UFC. Wish I had 1 million for ethereum.

If they invested 10 million for ethereum it could've been 300 million easily today.

How is the flash in the pan doing?
Your so blinded by your trolling you don't see the bigger picture...never will...
Like I said MMA is still in its infancy stage...it's not going anywhere

Kids like you are a joke...but very amusing to say the least
back again dumbass, keeping that tongue up that sweet wme asshole I see, you are doing an amazing job cleaning that taint.

also nobody cares what you say, here or IRL ;)

back again dumbass, keeping that tongue up that sweet wme asshole I see, you are doing an amazing job cleaning that taint.

also nobody cares what you say, here or IRL ;)
Really that's intresting kid...cause my posts keeps getting likes
It's funny how a kid like you will never be able to see outside the box...let me guess you think Bellator is done too right?

Try and think that no one and I mean No ONE buys a company for 4b to recoup money first year...and they did not buy it for the three stars only
They bought it for the three letters U F C
One day you will grow up and show respect to the fighters and the organization's that put on great shows

MMA FAN FOR LIFE
NOW GO BACK TO YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT YOU FLASH IN THE PAN FAN

Back