WME Paid $4Billion For 3 fighters, Jones's Net Value Loss for the UFC is $1.33Billion Dollars

Good addition to the thread & thank you for the comment.
Jump in & ask any questions. That is the fun of it ;)
You seem to have a grasp on who might or might not know WTF they are talking about!

India is a tough market.
There is a lot of huge money there & a lot of people without money
Unless what I read is incorrect, it seems there is very little middle-class there.

WWE has been trying to monetize the market for a decade & haven't.
They even have an Indian champ (born & raised in Canada lol) who is horrendous & killing business stateside.

I think UFC's approach since doing a Dubai show & giving 10% of the company way to do so, shows the market is not a guarantee

great points. I guess I was thinking about Bollywood and how some Indian actors get very rich off their movies there. I extrapolated that into Indians paying to see a movie to them paying to see a fight. I really don't know much about Indian culture/economics. I guess I also thought Brazil and India had some similarities (large populations with a lot of poverty) but I really don't know how much money is made off the Brazilian market. I do think expansion into other countries is something the UFC needs to continue working on. I think they know what they are doing and I don't think WME purchased the UFC just for RR, Conor and Jones (lol). Especially not Jones since he is toxic to the image (a PR nightmare imo). I don't think it is difficult to create stars especially if one has some control over the media. Another reason why tv deals are important. However that may change in the not so far future as people are phasing away from tradition tv and moving more toward online viewing (a whole new topic).

great points. I guess I was thinking about Bollywood and how some Indian actors get very rich off their movies there. I extrapolated that into Indians paying to see a movie to them paying to see a fight. I really don't know much about Indian culture/economics. I guess I also thought Brazil and India had some similarities (large populations with a lot of poverty) but I really don't know how much money is made off the Brazilian market. I do think expansion into other countries is something the UFC needs to continue working on. I think they know what they are doing and I don't think WME purchased the UFC just for RR, Conor and Jones (lol). Especially not Jones since he is toxic to the image (a PR nightmare imo). I don't think it is difficult to create stars especially if one has some control over the media. Another reason why tv deals are important. However that may change in the not so far future as people are phasing away from tradition tv and moving more toward online viewing (a whole new topic).

WME has already made inroads away from the states with new deals.

But cable is still in over 100m homes
It will be many many years before that erosion is a major difference.

but WME has been investing in building FP up (with the two new fight series)

For the next US distribution deal, there will be a mix of PPV, FOX, FS1 & FP that will be different than now.
I also would not be shocked if HBO/SHO or someone else joins in

@Vicky

From Wiki since the sale in July 2016

With a TV deal and expansion in Europe, Australia,[10] the West Asia,[11] East Asia,[12] and new markets within the United States, the UFC as of 2017 has gained in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage

-

People that just look at PPV & say "UFC are dying" don't really see the whole picture.

Floyd's fight in-between MayPac & MayMac did 300-350k

PPV as a medium outside of huge events is dying.
WWE & UFC saw this years ago.
WWE made a blunder by including Wrestlemania on their network & they have topped out at about 1.65m subs (less than hoped)
Their biggest profit is TV revenue & UFC gets a lot higher advertising dollar than WWE does.

Last edited:
@Vicky

From Wiki since the sale in July 2016

With a TV deal and expansion in Europe, Australia,[10] the West Asia,[11] East Asia,[12] and new markets within the United States, the UFC as of 2017 has gained in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage

-

People that just look at PPV & say "UFC are dying" don't really see the whole picture.

Floyd's fight in-between MayPac & MayMac did 300-350k

PPV as a medium outside of huge events is dying.
WWE & UFC saw this years ago.
WWE made a blunder by including Wrestlemania on their network & they have topped out at about 1.65m subs (less than hoped)
Their biggest profit is TV revenue & UFC gets a lot higher advertising dollar than WWE does.

agree and great points.
Also bringing in and expanding the WMMA divisions makes good business sense imo. A lot of posters here don't like WMMA but I think it was and is a great business decision. I wonder how representative Sherdog is of the viewing demographics of UFC/MMA.

funny how easy people get sucked into troll threads...

see ya
G7w8gBe.gif

No they didn't. The UFC+PRIDE+SF library has value, the UFC name has value, UFC PPV's still make money and they are working on broadening the fan base. The UFC still has a dominant monopoly.

Funny how the Fertitas valuation for their remaining stake in the company was 5 billion so somehow it seems like losing Jon increased the value by quite a bit <3

Funny how the Fertitas valuation for their remaining stake in the company was 5 billion so somehow it seems like losing Jon increased the value by quite a bit <3

Ha
Well even better
In a year that saw ZERO RR or Conor fights, both UFC & WME went up in value.

;)

They made $500M 2 weeks ago so I think they will be OK

I made 3 million dollars last week but I am not going to prove it because I know you guys believe me anyway.

agree and great points.
Also bringing in and expanding the WMMA divisions makes good business sense imo. A lot of posters here don't like WMMA but I think it was and is a great business decision. I wonder how representative Sherdog is of the viewing demographics of UFC/MMA.

WMMA has certainly made UFC/WME profit.
Where it goes from here without an RR or even a Tate will be interesting.
I get some not liking it or feeling uncomfortable watching it.
But Fox has done well with it & more eyes on a card is good for all.
But headlining PPV is a bit different & they don't have any females now that can be a PPV draw.

But headlining PPV is a bit different & they don't have any females now that can be a PPV draw.

A bit early to tell but I think Cynthia Calvillo has star potential. Emphasis on potential.

WME paid 4 billion for for Conor, Rhonda and Jones.

hows that workign out for them anyway?
It's a shame that you are so stupid.
Your parents must have dropped you multiple times as a baby.

With half a brain it's easy to deduce that WME bought the UFC for solely one reason, which is Arianny Celeste.

They want to fuck her.

You see it now?
Just think a little or ask intelligent people in the future.

<seedat>

A bit early to tell but I think Cynthia Calvillo has star potential. Emphasis on potential.

I like her, but tough to see her as a PPV headliner

I got a feeling in 2019, there might be 8 PPV's & then in a few years 6.
All with strong co-mains

Of course.
My query is if controlling 51% is an important part BEFORE going public.
There seems to be a rush for WME to get there

WME has already made inroads away from the states with new deals.

But cable is still in over 100m homes
It will be many many years before that erosion is a major difference.

but WME has been investing in building FP up (with the two new fight series)

For the next US distribution deal, there will be a mix of PPV, FOX, FS1 & FP that will be different than now.
I also would not be shocked if HBO/SHO or someone else joins in

agree and great points.

I suspect WME wants to obtain majority control before the new TV deal is completed so any potential profit off of an IPO or other long-term financial strategy can be provided to them. I agree that the next TV deal must include a mix of PPV, TV (FOX and/or other networks) and perhaps cable (HBO or Showtime). I also believe the number of PPVs will decrease under the new deal because FOX will demand an increase in the quality of fight cards on FOX. Thus, you may see more title fights or number one contender fights on FOX cards. Further, the number of PPVs will decrease from the current 12-13 per year. I would not be surprised if the UFC thinks about creating annual special set cards (like WWE with Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, etc.) and make the limited PPVs very special. For example, the International Fight Week and MSG cards could be made annual stacked cards.

In addition, the four WMMA divisions will be built up to increase the value of the UFC to its television partners. What most on this board do not understand, women viewers translate to alot of money to potential commercial advertisers. In one of his recent scrums, Dana White acknowledged women viewers is the demographic that has grown the most recently. I can see Cyborg, Holm, Cavillo, Joanna and perhaps an unknown to be stars. No one will be able to reach Ronda level, but it is possible to make a solid WMMA star that the UFC can use to main event a fight night or co-main a PPV.

This is the dumbest non-Conor/Floyd thread in Sherdog history.

I suspect WME wants to obtain majority control before the new TV deal is completed so any potential profit off of an IPO or other long-term financial strategy can be provided to them. I agree that the next TV deal must include a mix of PPV, TV (FOX and/or other networks) and perhaps cable (HBO or Showtime). I also believe the number of PPVs will decrease under the new deal because FOX will demand an increase in the quality of fight cards on FOX. Thus, you may see more title fights or number one contender fights on FOX cards. Further, the number of PPVs will decrease from the current 12-13 per year. I would not be surprised if the UFC thinks about creating annual special set cards (like WWE with Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, etc.) and make the limited PPVs very special. For example, the International Fight Week and MSG cards could be made annual stacked cards.

In addition, the four WMMA divisions will be built up to increase the value of the UFC to its television partners. What most on this board do not understand, women viewers translate to alot of money to potential commercial advertisers. In one of his recent scrums, Dana White acknowledged women viewers is the demographic that has grown the most recently. I can see Cyborg, Holm, Cavillo, Joanna and perhaps an unknown to be stars. No one will be able to reach Ronda level, but it is possible to make a solid WMMA star that the UFC can use to main event a fight night or co-main a PPV.

Obviously I agree with all

But my query wasn't really stated well & I apologize.

Is there a legality as far as potential control/takeover/etc, for WME as far as over/under 51% share of UFC going public (if they do)?

Also they might only put part of the company up for IPO, like WWE.

Back