With the passing of Avicii, I have to ask: What is it exactly that DJs do?

I was going to underground raves in downtown Los Angeles dropping acid in 1994 when you were still taking spelling bees in class. I grew up on real Electronic music, The glory days of Trance, House, Drum and Bass Jungle. I've seen the best DJ's from London to Tokyo....

LOL at hooking up with some hot chicks.... Like i said i was doing that shit in high school. Ecstasy wasn't even popular yet when i was dropping that shit. Bottom Line is I know what good music and dj;'s are. These party dj hipster knob turning fucks or making commercial euro trash are a disgrace and embarrassing to real European and Stateside producers of Electronic music.

90s seemed gay other then being born.

Here is another fact you never hooked up with 9s or 10'. You also probably had hairy vagina hahaha jk

Last edited:
Watching Dis that play original music live is retarded. It’s prerecorded and they sit there and raise their hands once in a while. Why anyone would pay to see that is beyond me. At least in the old days guys spun records and got the crowd going which takes a little talent, although not much.

Why anyone would pay to see that is beyond me. A
They probably get the actual trackout of a song which makes it easier to make a superior quality remix. Local guys probably don't. If they're big enough they may get a song before it's released to say radio station djs and local djs. So you may hear a hit song a month or two before everyone else. Those events usually have attractions other than the DJs as well.

Gives degenerates and excuse to do drugs and pretend they're better than you because they know of some guy that knows how to turn on a radio

Hey that is me you are takji5nf about

In the 30s this thread would have been about jazz musicians. So lazy. All they do is blow into saxophones!

In the 40s it would have been about blues musicians. Lazy. Anyone can play guitar. Try playing a saxophone losers!

In the 50s it would have been about Elvis. Talentless hack, all he does is rip off blues musicians!

In the 60s it would have been about rock. Gawd, they're like sooo unoriginal. Rip off Elvis much?

In the 70s it would have been about punk. Those Beatles riffs couldn't be more obvious. The Beatles should sue.

In the 80s it would have been about metal. Ohmygawd, could they rip off punk any harder? Punk Rulez!

In the 90s it would have been about grunge. Complaining Cobain stole everything from Motley Crue. Lazy.

in the 2000s it would have been about rap. All they do is complain! Cobain should sue these people. Literal theft.

Now it's about djs. All they do is play records and take drugs. They don't even complain! Tupac should sue!!

Seriously.

I have no idea what goes into performing electronic music, especially live.

Can someone educate me?

Are DJs actual musicians?

Watch Richard D. James spin decks. Actually I think he just hits play on his laptop. But he makes cool music.

Dude you sound like such a knob.

I love all kinds of music and that includes good house music. You don’t know shit about my musical tastes or albums I love. You’re just being a salty dude. Getting some friends and going to an EDM show and meeting some hot chicks would do you good
Edm shows are fun as fuck. I tend to have more fun at those than other genres of music.

How tf is Pauly D making 11 million?

How is he making almost as much as Deadmau5 lol
that's actually an old list. This is the list for 2017:
https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/08/09/highest-paid-dj-2017-calvin-harris/
and the numbers are mindboggling.

1. Calvin Harris ($48.5m)
2. Tiesto ($39m)
3. The Chainsmokers ($38m)
4. Skrillex ($30m)
5. Steve Aoki ($29.5m)
6. Diplo ($28.5m)
7. David Guetta ($25m)
8. Marshmello ($21m)
9. Martin Garrix ($19.5m)
10. Zedd ($19m)

That is what they made in 2017 alone.

At their best, they could create new songs on the fly by assembling pre-existing sounds.

At their worst, they just stand on stage look cool and hit play on a pre-recorded track.

Back